It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking* Reports of Major Israeli Air Assault on Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
This doesnt sound as much as a MAJOR strike, if reports are correct it was to return fire. I dont agree with Israel attacking everyone and bullying. If a missile lands in your area from another nation return the gift.
See yeah that's good and all but Palestine was not the one who started it.
You cannot look at one individual event you need to go back the beginning when Israel started it by invading, committing genocide and displacing millions of people.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I will be one of the first in the protest demanding that our government kick out their disgusting, lying, maniac ambassadors.
Really?!? that's all you got? Actually, yes go protest cause it really does work!!!!!
Pretty sad that you would knowingly rely on and support a corrupt and unjust system.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
Truth is that 130 rockets hit Israel from Gaza during the last 3 days and no one in the mainstream media talks about it .Israel is entitled to target terrorists in Gaza using airstrikes.
But if someone steals Israels land Israel does not have a right to defend itself?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Here is a link confirming the attacks in the Jerusalem Post..

From your link,

Following nearly two days of relative quiet, hostilities on Gaza front resume; six rockets fired into southern Israel cause no injuries; Palestinians say 2 killed, 5 wounded in two IAF airstrikes.

What a mess this whole thing is and will forever continue to be. So much suffering on both sides, but the innocent civilains of Palestine suffer the most with these attacks. Israel has a strong defense/offense and Palestinian terrorists are shooting duds from Palestine. The number of Israeli's killed from these rocket attacks compared to the number of deaths from Israel's response is astounding.

Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel

Palestinian rocket and mortar attacks on Israel from the Gaza Strip have occurred since 2001. Between 2001 and January 2009, over 8,600 rockets had been launched, leading to 28 deaths and several hundred injuries,[1][2] as well as widespread psychological trauma and disruption of daily life.[3] According to research done by the Social work department at the Sapir Academic college, Estimated 15,000 [4] people from Sderot are suffering from PTSD and estimated 1000 are treated within the mental health [5] community.

The rockets they fire into Israel garbage. Homemade junk vs the Iron Dome.

The weapons, often generically referred to as Qassams, were initially crude and short-range, mainly affecting the Israeli city of Sderot and other communities bordering the Gaza Strip. However, in 2006 more sophisticated rockets began to be deployed, reaching the larger coastal city of Ashkelon, and by early 2009 major cities Ashdod and Beersheba had been hit by Katyusha, WS-1B[6] and Grad rockets,and in 2011-2012 to the cities of Kiryat Gat and Gedera. As of 2009[7] at least five mortars and at least one rocket[8] have been fired with warheads containing white phosphorus recovered from munitions that Israel fired on Gaza during Operation Cast Lead.[7][8][9][10][11] In 2006 militants claimed that chemical weapons had been used,[12][13] however the IDF stated they could not find evidence supporting the claim and no one had reported such a weapon landing in Israel.[13]

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
reply to post by detachedindividual

Actually im not a war monger so NO but yes in defense. Lets say if someone bombed your nation or sunk you Cruise or Cargo ships out in International or your waters then a return attack is granted.

I don't understand, is it no or yes? You said no, then you said yes.

So you think it's entirely acceptable for one government to attack an entire people based on the actions of a handful of their citizens?

Pakistan therefore has every right to militarily attack America in response to their drone strikes.
The people of Gaza also therefore have the right to defend their land against an invading and occupying force.

You're suggesting that this is defense, while conveniently ignoring that the people of Gaza are defending themselves against the systematic imprisonment, attack and theft perpetrated by Israel.

Once again, I think we have an amateur Israeli propagandist who can easily be talked in circles until nothing they say makes any sense

Hamas claimed responsibility for the attacks Hamas is there government.So in effect there government is attacking another country.The Israelis have enough fire power to completely destroy Gaza yet they only try to kill the terrorists launching rockets. assure you there are countries that wouldn't be that nice.If Hamas cared about its people they steak aid money to co-finance their terror against Israel.Theres been billions spent by Europe and the United States.And where did it go buying guns and rockets instead of making life better for the people of Gaza.

Gaza currently has 2 four star hotels empty because Hamas wont stop the conflict making it safe for tourists.Its a shame that the people in Gaza cant get there government to look out for there best interest.Trust me the people living there are in fear of Hamas and would like nothing better then both Isreal and Hamas to stop the fighting so they can continue there lives in peace.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So much suffering on both sides

While it is true, the level of suffering on Israels side could not even come close to the level on the other side.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

So with that logic, it's ok to go to war for oil? Oh wait, i guess we did.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

I know, I thought I made that point?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Truth is that 130 rockets hit Israel from Gaza during the last 3 days and no one in the mainstream media talks about it .Israel is entitled to target terrorists in Gaza using airstrikes.

One Hundred Thirty Rockets, now that is a HUGE offensive there.
And ...just how many israelis were killed or even wounded in this HUGE barrage?
NONE???
Well how does this happen?
Surely something must have been hit!
Oh I see, 2 Palestinians dead and 5 more wounded.
Same story different day, the terrorist state of israel is "attacked" by "missiles" and or "mortars" but magically none are hurt!
Lying bunch of murderers, it will be a good day when the terrorist state of israel burns.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What I don't get, and never have...why are no Arab states helping the Palestineans? If they are, I apparently never read about it or saw it anywhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Israel is entitled to target terrorists in Gaza using airstrikes.

Not according to the jew haters here - they try and blame the jews for everything

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

I don't know where I stand on Israel/Palestine...but I know this: If rockets were fired into the US from Canada...Canada would be invaded and occupied very soon. I'm not saying that's right, but we seem to make war/regime change a blood sport since 2001.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by HumanCondition

I know, I thought I made that point?
Oh well, cant say it enough times can you.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Someone takes potshots at me I make sure they cant do it again. ATS has always been anti jewish

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
What I don't get, and never have...why are no Arab states helping the Palestineans? If they are, I apparently never read about it or saw it anywhere.

The Palestineans to the Arabs as are the Blacks to the Dem Party

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

So, using that logic, it would have been perfectly fine for the British government to start blowing up Ireland in response to the IRA?

Was the IRA the head of the Government too in Ireland?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

So, using that logic, it would have been perfectly fine for the British government to start blowing up Ireland in response to the IRA?

Was the IRA the head of the Government too in Ireland?
If your point is that would make it justifiable to attack them then what about Israel which IS a terrorist state?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078

The Palestineans to the Arabs as are the Blacks to the Dem Party

The Arab Palestine state is called Jordan today....

When England and France split up the region they made the area where Jordan is for the Arabs and the slim area where Israel is located became the Jewish Palestine state. Those in Gaza should have been located to Jordan with their other Arab Palestinian brothers are, but no they want their own 6 by 25 mile country...

Also remember that Egypt controlled Gaza for decades and never once allowed the people there to have access to Egypt nor did anything for them, so Egypt ended up giving the whole mess to Israel. And a mess it is, and a mess the Arab world wants to keep just as it is to use against Israel as a propaganda tool, but the Arabs time and time again could have helped them in so many ways if they wanted to..

Yep the people in Gaza are totally screwed from every direction....it also doesn't help that Gaza is basically full of ignoramuses...

edit on 22-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
If your point is that would make it justifiable to attack them then what about Israel which IS a terrorist state?

You didn't answer my question...One is a recognized local government body, and the other was a terrorist group. I would say that if a recognized government body willfully attacks you then you can attack back against that body.

It is basically Gaza lobbying missiles into Israel over and over and Israel countering those attacks. I do agree that the counter is extreme, but that whole area is extreme...

Who says Israel is a terrorist state?

What I don't understand is England and France split up the whole area that was once the Ottoman Empire in to basically all the countries we have there today, but Israel is the only one that people (like you) seem to want to not recognize as a country too.

America fought a few wars for its independence and Israel did the same, and so did many other countries, but once again 196 countries are all ok except Israel...lol

edit on 22-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Looking at the long term trends, Giza and the West Bank are the two remaining Palestinian regions as Israel has continued to expand and push its boarders since its inception after the second world war. All around the world, national boarders are dynamic things that are constantly moving, merging an changing as the political situation continues to evolve.

Looking at the greater region with the US incursions and close alliance to Israel there is a power shift going on in the Middle East. We have Alquadia forces backed by the CIA being promoted as rebels and the Muslim Brotherhood trying to establish some regional unity, there also appears to be some US / Israel backing in the formation of this group but have not looked into a lot and not sure on this one.

Palestine has been divided and is almost conquered. The small boxed in Giza is unsustainable as a nation and very much a city in siege, it is only a matter of time until it falls. With the vast political, racial and ideological differences along with the long running, slowly creeping conflict, Giza's best chance is assimilation with Egypt. As for the West Bank it will need to look to Jordan for support as the land of Palestine is moved into the history books along with many other civilisations in this very contested part of the world.

One thing that might turn things around is a reinvestigation of 9/11. With the true criminals exposed it will create a large shift in the balance of power. At a minimum it will arrest Israel's continued growth in the region and be important to establish peace as a platform of trust will once again return. There is no chance for peace as the lies and hidden agendas continue to operate.

Another thing that might change the situation is with the continued push into Syria and Iran, if Romney get his way also Russia. A much larger global force is gathering and if things go too far, Israel along with many other nations may cease to exist on the map.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join