It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism blamed for UK's lack of success at the Eurovision Song Contest because European nations 'wo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
Now thats just absurd, the UK is the most culturally forgiving place I know of....many wonder accepting people...just like America......

edit on 22-6-2012 by GrandHeretic because: Way down yonder in the land of Dixie....look away...look away....Dixie land

While your sarcasm is accurate, it's not really on point since it's the rest of Europe who has snubbed the UK in the song contest, not the UK itself.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Yea, I know....the eurozone in itself can be considered snooty

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
reply to post by BrianDamage

I think the song is aggressive rubbish with no melody - bit like English music circa 2012

One mans aggressive is another mans rousing, and I can hear a melody.
Lulu and Sandy! Are you serious? Cheesey crap that, in my opinion, are on par with nursery rhymes, they're childlike songs.
There were crap songs around 40 years ago, there are crap songs around now.
there were good songs around 40 years ago, and there are still good songs being written and performed now.
I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that you are maybe an older person that is struggling to keep up with the times.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I am determind to find a recent UK song to change your mind.
I think that this song is beautiful.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by djv1985
It has nothing to do with the music and all the other nonsense that people are blaming, the reason behind it is that One, we are seen as not really being part of Europe, Two we went into a war with America against the wishes of so called powerful countries in the EU.....

Indeed, we are the warmongering, US lapdog, bullies of Europe. None of the other Eurovision countries want anything to do with us.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

Originally posted by djv1985
It has nothing to do with the music and all the other nonsense that people are blaming, the reason behind it is that One, we are seen as not really being part of Europe, Two we went into a war with America against the wishes of so called powerful countries in the EU.....

Indeed, we are the warmongering, US lapdog, bullies of Europe. None of the other Eurovision countries want anything to do with us.

Until they need a bailout. Or a military assist when they're on their arses.
edit on 23/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: auto spell check doesn't like the word arses.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join