It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When civil unrest happens, there will be a massive clampdown on the US highway system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The SHA will be used in conjunction with the mil or whomever is in control. They will organize roadblocks as a method of diverting the traffic (SHA will be the govt body used) so that potential targets (criminals, persons of interest, etc) will be forced into 1 route/1 direction situations. This will make anyone they need to pick up relatively easy to get to in those types of situations. All that has to be done is use some simple roadsigns/cones to completely block a major highway, at a point when viewing distance is cut off. An example would be when the highway bends significantly in the mountainous areas (for example as when you move inward from the coastal areas), such as a big turn the hwy takes. The people in the traffic really have no way of knowing if an accident REALLY is ahead because they are forced to drive the detour road. This is a problem because as you move inland (central US from both coasts), there is usually only 1 alternate path to the major hwy/interstate.

This will be useful to TPTB during emergencies like civil unrest, as the crowds escaping the chaos will move inland (population density is coastal), and the people that know the color system (see my other thread) will be able to navigate via their respective color.

Example: you are a blue? Then you would take the blue evacuation route/detour.

What about reds, where do they go?

What about others?

There are also other colors ive seen such as black, yellow, and orange. They are color coded for major emergencies but are not specifically labeled for any 1 type of disaster/emergency. Its popular around military bases so I dont doubt that it ties into the defcon color system or something thats been adapted from that. Take a look in your own areas. Its also strange that I cant find the specific evac signs ive seen on google image or anywhere for the ones that are used for DC local military. Maybe someone could snap a picture but ive physically seen them all over St Marys, MD in relation to the NAS Naval base down there, and ive actually followed the routes and they lead into DC city, through Waldorf MD, I assume in the event of a hurricane or something because its on the water. Ive also seen the same signs as far north from there as gettysburg, PA, where they seem to be more red. Its how ive been able to see which sides of the towns are red and which sides of the towns are blue. But I always hear about how google is CIA and they block stuff, so maybe the new arrows are kind of being kept hush hush or something. But they are definetly multi state and close to military bases.

Thats pretty much it unless anyone has anything else to add. To give a description of the arrows since I cant get a pic, they are an all white sign, with the arrow pointing upwards and the words "evacuation route" under the arrow. The colors specific to thses signs are blue, red, black, orange, and green. There may be more but these are the only ones ive seen 100% with my own eyes. The entire arrow and words are all one color-the color of the arrow. But if anyone can find a pic, I feel like these evac routes are more important because they are newer. It could mean that they represent something that was recently built (like in the past 10 years) like a bunker in that area or something like that. I dont know if they are just connected to "houses" and now since everyone is all talking colors its the update to that, or they are concealing something else I havent been able to uncover yet.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
As a Army Veteran, and having served in Iraq, I have often thought the same. I don't know what you are referring to with the color codes.

In Iraq there were checkpoints all over the place, along the MSR's (Main Supply Routes) And the ASR's (alternate Supply routes). Any military force that wants to control the US will need supplies and lots of them. I've always thought Major Interstates, like I-5 on the west coast would be hit hard. Specifically the Cities and Towns on the major Interstates. It's what was done in Iraq, and I don't see much reason to not do the same In the US. Of course I'm pretty sure that It would not be as easy here in the states as it was in Iraq. I do feel though that if these things were to happen we would see almost exactly what we saw in Iraq here in the US. A prolonged Insurgency, roadside bombs, etc. Not many Suicide Bombers though, I don't think a lot of Americans have it in them to do that...

My Advice would be to know the logging roads, and lesser highways in your area, there won't be enough of them to shut down all the roads, and you can always choose to walk, or bike.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here in Sydney, we have a freeway where, halfway down, there is a giant steel swing-gate that can block-off all three lanes.

I was shocked when I first saw it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Stupid wrong thread...
edit on 22-6-2012 by PeterWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I live more than 150 miles from the nearest interstate...for a reason

I think that every person with a BOB should also know ALL the backroads and trails in their area, because all the primary and secondary roads will be traps in a SHTF situation.
I have family and other "foxhole" friends that will be joining me on my remote location in the event of "turmoil" whatever the cause. Each of them has a map of backroads and hiking trails to my place. Many of them live more than 400 miles away. They have made caches along the way to ease the load of having to carry everything.
Some of them go to their caches from time to time and camp out, using the things in the cache and refreshing the cache before they leave.
I cannot recommend highly enough this source for knowing the backroads, trails and old routes for getting from point A to point B without getting off dirt in the USA.
Pavement will be the doom of many, IMO
Take care

edit on 22-6-2012 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a few years ago - I recall the truckers running drills for if someone ever declared martial law - then it was GWBush but I envision they are still running mock manuvers while going down the road. most are Veterans -- hum - we have more things to think about these days - but I would imagine those American Good óle Cowboys have a few surprise for them.
one tactic I noted while overseas was the back up - they would hold traffic to block the road so traffic would back up -- and in reality the border patrol has martial law tactics down pat already - but no one except for Alex Jones gives a damn oh and that at guy at 4409 youtube channel.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

Have you ever traveled the US highway system ? You cant get there from here.

Pssst someone tell those people to get off the highways and use the back roads.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone
I live more than 150 miles from the nearest interstate...for a reason

I think that every person with a BOB should also know ALL the backroads and trails in their area, because all the primary and secondary roads will be traps in a SHTF situation.
I have family and other "foxhole" friends that will be joining me on my remote location in the event of "turmoil" whatever the cause. Each of them has a map of backroads and hiking trails to my place. Many of them live more than 400 miles away. They have made caches along the way to ease the load of having to carry everything.
Some of them go to their caches from time to time and camp out, using the things in the cache and refreshing the cache before they leave.
I cannot recommend highly enough this source for knowing the backroads, trails and old routes for getting from point A to point B without getting off dirt in the USA.
Pavement will be the doom of many, IMO
Take care

edit on 22-6-2012 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

How do you live more than 100 miles from any interstate? You must be off the map.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Let's just say I don't live on the Eastern Seaboard.
Take a look at a map and you will see there are many places in the US that are that far from any Interstate.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

www.wvnstv.com...

In my general area, we have also just recently (past month) received our own signage. They went up over night for the local interstate. They are alphabetically designated also.

I can understand the need for designated detour paths. But the barrier bars on the top of the mountain on one side of the interstate have me stymied. The mountain is notorious for winter turmoil. But only the direction heading towards DC has a barrier bar.

Probably an innocent answer to this, but with all the stuff you read, it leaves me with a big question mark.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

barrier bars

And this is why I also have a blow torch, bolt cutters, and a hack saw in my big BOB.
Always be prepared.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
this racket started at least a year go..............in tennessee............it has been going on in greyhound bus stations since 2006................it's not even TSA doing it.,...it's the local bacon doing it..........which is why i hate the smell of burnt bacon

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
reply to post by BearTruth

barrier bars

And this is why I also have a blow torch, bolt cutters, and a hack saw in my big BOB.
Always be prepared.

I couldn't agree more. You never know when you might require those items. It is also a good thing I still know how to hike if necessary.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Might be a good idea to have a print-out of Google Maps directions to your major destinations with the "Avoid highways" option on, ahead of time. Also, for those on the Eastern seaboard, it's a good idea to know how to get to the Appalachian Trail, as that provides passage up and down the country, albeit by foot. Plenty of hidey-holes there.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
About four years ago bought an Illinois county road atlas. Shows all countyroads, paved and unpaved. Plus it also shows short connecting dirt roads. Quite helpfull. Check and see if your /state publishes one of these. Don't trusr Goog;e or Map Quest. Have 3 alternate routes home from work if needed.Remane vigilant at all times, and travel your alternate routes atleast once every week or so. Be Prepared.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Might be a good idea to have a print-out of Google Maps directions to your major destinations with the "Avoid highways" option on, ahead of time. Also, for those on the Eastern seaboard, it's a good idea to know how to get to the Appalachian Trail, as that provides passage up and down the country, albeit by foot. Plenty of hidey-holes there.

Thank you this is great advice, I need to make up a book with printouts of my area. Start for you man.

EDIT: also racers post too. Its great to have all this knowledge, but when its not practiced or in practiced it could mean the difference in an emergency

edit on 24-6-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
why do you think i moved to brazil. sold everything i own and cashed in all my american dollars told the irs to # off and never going back.

top topics

join