It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamps AKA EBT cards, reports throughout the state say the cards are not working

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

if I were dictator you'd have lost your head yesterday.

Thinks someone is mean for not agreeing with food assistance programs.

Decides they should die.

Lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by aaaiii

I am a very nice person that does a lot for all those around me. I am not however very sympathetic regarding Welfare. If I were King there would be a bright yellow bus at each and every able bodied welfare recipients home at 5:30am five days a week. I WOULD find some trash for them to pick up, brush to clear, and if not able bodied? some damn stamps or envelopes to lick.

Food stamps and welfare without work? NOT A CHANCE! There is something you would be doing for that money, were I King......
There are some states that actually do that. I know that the state of Ohio had a work for food stamp program back in 1990. The reason I knew that, is that I had a cousin that was on the work for food stamp program.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I know I sound ruthless, but you folks are not hearing what I am really saying.

I am all for helping people that need help. That is our responsibility as humans. It is NOT however my responsibility to feed or clothe lazy good for nothing losers. Go to the welfare office sometime and look around. There are TONS of people there that could be doing something to EARN that welfare money.

As King I would give those that need a handout, a job. It would be menial, tedious and do little more than create a good work ethic and a strong desire to get the heck off welfare.

I would help those that are injured and those that are mentally completely incapable of taking care of themselves.

As King I would also make darn sure stupid people, people on welfare and the flat out insane people (think Octo-mom) did not breed. I could start an entire thread on how to fix the world, If I were King.............

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I was being facetious.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
well, mine just worked. I bought 3 pounds of snow crab legs, 1 pound of shrimp and 3 top sirloin steaks.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I have never had crab legs or lobster! I have had a McDonalds 5.00 Salad today. Please dont take food away from all of us working poor people!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

I have never had crab legs or lobster! I have had a McDonalds 5.00 Salad today. Please dont take food away from all of us working poor people!

I dont think my EBT use takes food away from anyone. There is a budget for this, just like there is a budget for everything else.
I also work and pay taxes, the budget for SNAPS is a drop in the bucket compared to the Pentagons budget (600 BILLION)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
As King I would give those that need a handout, a job. It would be menial, tedious and do little more than create a good work ethic and a strong desire to get the heck off welfare.

And as "King", how would you magically create millions of jobs out of thin air? America has spent the last thirty years dismantling its industrial and agricultural base just as we have in the UK, preferring to operate as a "service" and "entertainment" nation and importing everything vital for survival from everyone else.

It's great imagining a utopia where everyone can work for a living and only those physically incapable of caring for themselves can claim assistance, but when there are no jobs for those people to do, what is your answer?

Like I said, you can't just do this on paper, move people from column A to column B, you have to have space in column B to start with.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

There is an ATS thread about people not being able to get their money out of Banks in Scotland. This may be the beginning of a cyber-attack on the internet.

No. Just.. No.

5 minutes in any search engine would have told you that RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) and their parent company NatWest suffered a computer glitch which made account balances unavailable. This lead to a disabling of the transaction subsystem, meaning the bank wouldnt accept deposits, or make payments until it was fixed.

The glitch was compounded by the fact that they had laid off all 1800 of their in-house IT support workers, in favour of cheaper 800 offshore workers, because their systems never had a problem, there was no need for 1800 workers... Well DUH! Maybe their systems never had a problem because the 1800 workers kept stuff fixed before it became a problem...

The glitch is now fixed, after lasting for 4 days, and they are in the process of clearing the backlog of transactions. Its nothing to do with a "cyber-attack on the internet".

But don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

a couple of years ago - I posted a story about people buying 7$ a pound Steak with EBT cards and the people who are working get hamburger.... and if you steak out the steak you will see what I saw. the only people buying Ribeye's were on EBT.... par shame

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I hope everyone here knows that if you accept money from the government you are in basically taking your right to vote away. as you will aquire this new benefit and thus forced to vote to keep it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Lmao, whatever.. paying 7 bucks a pound for a steak? BS

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

I find that funny. That is like taking the spare tire out of the car because you have never had a flat tire.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join