It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is Yahweh, Part 2. What he himself has said, and the Christophanies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Again study the vedic understadning of god consciousness, which i think you probably already have an idea of it. but then again you may not. And you didnt say anything about Thomas telling JEsus to his face that "you are my God". And as the son of God, idont really feel like going into as it s late her but you can read Yukestawr's(Sp?) The holy science. He explains in a more fluid language than iever could. But in the end, Jesus claimed to be God-because he is, as we all are :p
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?
oh hey check that out, Jesus indirectly referring to himself as God again lol
edit on 23-6-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Read Psalm 82

Thats what he was quoting... and again it confirms he was a Part of God... as we all are...

Jesus was different though...

And yes i have studied the Vedas...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Again, God is one. Seeing him in parts is from having your perception rooted in duality.
edit on 23-6-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Murgatroid

A good example of this is Dr. Percy Collett who wanted desperately to see Heaven so he fasted and prayed for many years: "Let me see your glory." He had several visions of Heaven but he wanted to actually GO there. His prayer was finally answered and he was taken to Heaven.
You actually believe this?

No I do not believe it, I KNOW it. Irrevocably without QUESTION as Dr.Collett used to say. I am sincerely not stating this to mock, convince, or argue in ANY way whatsoever. I am fully aware of how completely insane all of this appears.

Something to think about: Would you even THINK about sharing something as crazy sounding as this if you were not absolutely 100% convinced of the truth and reality of it? Neither would I. So should anyone take MY word for it? NO! I have no way to convince anyone, but for those who are determined to FIND reality this is the direction you need to be heading in if you are serious about knowing the truth.

I am writing this for a very specific reason, I believe that not only are you seeking the truth like many others on ATS, but you are also interested in SHARING it as well. In order to SHARE something, you must first obtain it.

Now I don't have the ability to convince you of the truth but I DO have the ability to SPEAK it. That is what is missing in your life. It is TOTALLY unnecessary for anyone to go through life without knowing the truth. It has taken me MANY years to find the truth but it is worth ALL the gold in the world.

Like I said I'm NOT putting this out here to earn any "stars" or win any debate. I just believe that the truth actually means something more to you than most people. My first instinct was to send this via u2u, but I suspect others here on ATS are also looking for what is REAL.

You don't need to SEEK the truth, you already HAVE it. But if you don't BELIEVE the truth, it is useless.

If you are SERIOUS about bringing about true change in this world, the truth is not an option.

To all the Atheists and religious haters of ATS, I HATE religion with a PASSION. I despise it! I believe it is the root cause of many of our problems. The answer to these problems is the TRUTH.

I have NO interest in conspiracy theories either, I am only interested in FACTS.

If you are as well I would encourage you to decide that you are GOING to find what is real come hell or high water. I only wish I had not waited all these years to do so.

STOP believing the LIES! You will NEVER know the truth if you continue to allow lies to distort your mind.
As long as you continue to believe the lies, the truth will always be out of reach.

To all those who wish to debate or argue, I have NO interest in convincing you or anyone else. I have NO interest in spreading religion or winning any brownie points with God. I simply wish to pass on the truth because it has made ALL the difference in the world to me. That's all...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
you know one of the reasons they killed them is because he claimed to be God?

Many believe that those behind His death were the same group of people who rule the world today. The evidence for this is MASSIVE which is why I believe it. Jesus called them out and warned us about them (Synagogue of Satan).

I believe they are the REAL Illuminati simply because they have so much demonic hatred for anyone that so much as mentions the name of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Opportunia

Mark 12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Thats right...

Not three in one... ONE and ONLY...

Genisis 1:26
Then, God said, "Let US make man in OUR image, in OUR likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Since the word ONE PERSON is NOT attributed to the godhead and in fact many places show there to be the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit who are the ONLY ones we are to consider GOD. These three are GOD, THEOS, They are the ONLY thing that IS truly Theos. Nothing else can be Theos to us because ONLY they are mentioned as being GOD to us. IF you understand it more like a species instead of simply a title. It puts the idea into a bit more perspective AND it doesn't go against ANY scriptures I've found so far. Just the fact they say ONE Lord still holds true, as there is no other thing that can be The Lord to us according to the Bible.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Then, God said, "Let US make man in OUR image, in OUR likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

When he said this, he was speaking to all of above at this time, as all helped design man.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

When he said this, he was speaking to all of above at this time, as all helped design man.

What do you mean he was speaking to all of above at this time? The word here for God is Elohim and is a plural form, or are you saying we are also patterned after God and angel's likeness? Because the passage clearly says AND GOD SAID, not God and the Angels said. Can you please explain what you mean by all of above? Who is all of above.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opportunia

Originally posted by jhill76

What do you mean he was speaking to all of above at this time? The word here for God is Elohim and is a plural form, or are you saying we are also patterned after God and angel's likeness? Because the passage clearly says AND GOD SAID, not God and the Angels said. Can you please explain what you mean by all of above? Who is all of above.

Thanks!

Exactly, it says God said, let us. Father was speaking, and was addressing the ones around. I did not state anywhere that stated God and the Angels said. (This happens quite a lot, on here?) When I speak of above, I am speaking on the entire establishment of heaven.

When he said in our image (meaning: what we look like, the form), when he said likeness (meaning: the parameters on living).

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
To me one of the biggest clues is to look at which groups reject the Trinity

This Trinity is often attacked by the cults so that they can also deny the deity of Jesus

When you see mostly cults and false religions backing the anti-Trinity Doctrine, that says something.

Faith Groups that Reject the Trinity

• Jesuits
• Muslims
• Mormons
• Jehovah's Witnesses
• Christian Science
• Scientology
• Satanism
• Arians
• Armstrongism
• Christadelphians
• The Way International
• Unification Church

Non‑biblical Teaching on the Nature of God (Trinity)

Another characteristic of all non‑Christian cults is either an inadequate view or outright denial of the Holy Trinity. The biblical doctrine of the Trinity, one God in three Persons, is usually attacked as being pagan or satanic in origin.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are an example of this. They say, "There is no authority in the Word of God for the doctrine of the trinity of the Godhead" (Charles Russell, Studies in the Scriptures, V, Brooklyn: In­ternational Bible Students, 1912, p. 54). "The plain truth is that this is another of Satan's attempts to keep the God‑fearing person from learn­ing the truth of Jehovah and His Son Christ Jesus" (Let God Be True, Brooklyn: Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, 1946, p. 93).

The Way International takes a similar position.," Long before the foun­ding of Christianity, the idea of a triune god or a god‑in‑three‑persons was a common belief in ancient religions. Although many of these religions had many minor deities, they distinctly acknowledged that there was one supreme god who consisted of three persons or essences. The Babylonians used an equilateral triangle to represent this three‑in‑one god, now the symbol of the modern three‑in‑one believers" (Jesus Christ Is Not God, Victor Paul Wierville, New Knoxville, Ohio: American Chris­tian Press, 1975, p. 11).

Cults, therefore, are marked by their deviation on the doctrine of the Trinity and the nature of God.

The Characteristics of Cults

Plural pronouns used of God proving the trinity

A. Three plural pronouns, (We, Us, Our) used 6 different times in four different passages. Remember the word God (elohim) is also plural every time it is used in the Old Testament. Gen 11:7 also includes a plural verb (confuse) which even further, through grammar reinforces the plural "elohim" and the plural pronoun US.

"Our" Gen 1:26
"Us" Gen 1:26; 3:22; 11:7; Isa 6:8
"We" Isa 6:8

B. These are the four passages where God speaks for Himself and uses plural pronouns:

"Then God [plural elohim] said, "Let Us [plural pronoun] make man in Our [plural pronoun] image, according to Our [plural pronoun] likeness" Genesis 1:26

"Then Yahweh God [plural elohim] said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us [plural pronoun], knowing good and evil" Genesis 3:22

"Come, let Us [plural pronoun] go down and there confuse [plural form of balal] their language, so that they will not understand one another’s speech." Genesis 11:7

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord [plural elohim], saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us [plural pronoun]?"" Isaiah 6:8

Trinity Proof Texts

edit on 23-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
facepalm.. you know one of the reasons they killed them is because he claimed to be God?
"The Father and I are one."
Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?"
They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God." Do we see Christ correct anyone here?
Also Thomas refers to Christ as "My lord and my God" Again Christ doesn't correct him. Titus 2:13 says Our God and our saviour.. referring to Christ
There are no pieces of God. It is under the veil of maya that one sees any separation. The existence is one.

Double Face Palm…lol

When Jesus said “I and the Father are one." In the John 10:30, IMO the Jews thought that Jesus was stating, that he was God, and therefore accused him of being blasphemous. The Jews of course were wrong, because that’s not what Jesus meant, at all.

Further down in the passage, Jesus tries to explain what he meant by “I and the Father are one." By saying… “Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?”

Jesus then quotes Psalm 82, to show that we are all “sons of God”, and that there is nothing wrong in using that term because it is scriptural etc. Jesus then goes on to say, that because of this fact, why can’t he use the same term, bearing in mind, that the “Father has set him apart as his very own.”

I believe the Jews, on hearing Jesus saying “…'I am God's Son'” see that as blasphemy as well, and that is why they still wanted to seize him. Or possibly, they still misunderstood, what he had said, and still thought he was claiming to be God.

There are also the following verses, where the high priests are questioning Jesus at his trial.

Matthew 26:62-66

62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.(A)
The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”
64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66 What do you think?”
“He is worthy of death,” they answered.

If the Jews still believed that Jesus was blasphemous, for claiming to be God, then they should have made that clear when asking Jesus to confirm his blasphemous remark, but they don’t ask him if he is God, they ask him if he is the “Son of God”!!!

- JC

edit on 23-6-2012 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Cults HATE The Trinity

This is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time:

The Cultist at my Door

As they were entering, I said to my wife, “Honey, the Jehovah’s Witnesses are here, can you put on some tea?”

She said, “O sure. Hi, come on in (said the spider to the fly)!”

SNIP SNIP SNIP...

At this point, the woman abruptly said, “We have to go.”

I said, “But I still have more questions!”

She said, “No, we have to go now. Come on, Harold!”

As they were walking out I said, “Can we have your phone number, maybe we can do this again sometime?”

“The average Jehovah’s Witness can twist the average Christian into a theological pretzel in less than a minute!”

That need not be the case any longer. Virtually every time I talk to them, in ten minutes or less, they walk away frustrated, and I’m asking them to stay because I have more questions!

The Cultist at my Door

The Trinity is one of the most frequently attacked doctrines by the cults and false religions

Is the Trinity a blatant contradiction and a damnable heresy? The fact is, creation is filled with illustrations of spiritual truths that reveal the many attributes of God, not the least of which is the Trinity. In fact, there are tri-unities all around us! For example:

Einstein’s Theory of Relativity revealed the fact that life as we know it consists of three things, time, space, and matter (which is energy).

I have demonstrated that the Trinity is not illogical, irrational, or contradictory. Did any of you have eggs for breakfast this morning? It consists of the shell, the white and the yoke. Were you eating three eggs? Even a chicken can answer that one! If you are still adamant, that God cannot be a Trinity, I’ll ask you the same question God asked Job in Job chapter 38:

“Who is this who darkens council by words without knowledge? Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer Me. Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have the understanding.”

How Can One God Be A Trinity?

IS THE TRINITY TRUE?

The doctrine of the Holy Trinity has been consistently misunderstood, probably more than any other teaching of the Bible. The Trinity is a complex doctrine, and there is the aspect of mystery surrounding it.

The Trinity has become the main doctrine that all the cult groups attack. It is also the main doctrine that all the mainline, historic churches agree upon. We may all have our differences, Catholics and varying Protestant groups, but when it comes to the doctrine on God we all agree that the Bible teaches belief in One God revealed in three persons, as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Nevertheless we would not want to believe in the Trinity if the Bible did not teach it, no matter what the beliefs of our various churches were.

It's interesting that the cult groups usually give their members a false definition of the Trinity. For example, the magazine salesmen knocking on your door with their propaganda from Brooklyn, New York, say that the church teaches that there are three gods in one. This is completely false.

In conclusion on the teaching of the Trinity, we have proven beyond doubt from Scripture, that there is only one true God by nature. This one, true God has revealed Himself in three ways, as the Father Yahweh, and the Son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit. This Trinity teaching was not invented centuries after the death of Christ as the cults teach at the Nicene Council, but is the true revelation of God to us in Scripture.

The council at Nicene convened to drum out of the church the heresy that Jesus Christ was only a creature and an archangel to boot. Various door-knocking cults have attempted to reintroduce the Arian heresy to gullible Christians.

On the following pages are two charts of scriptures for you to check out. Make copies of these to keep in your Bible. Have them available when you encounter any one who has a problem with understanding the Trinity. (For printing use the version from the linked site, it has a transparent B/G)

IS THE TRINITY TRUE?

Answering the Cults

The one thing that all cults and non-Christian religions have in common is, they all deny the deity of Christ. In John 8:24 Jesus said, “Unless you believe that I am (the name God said was His in Exodus 3:15) you will die in your sin.”

People reading this today (2,000 years later) might not understand this, but the people Jesus said it to understood Him perfectly! They wanted to stone Him for claiming to be God (John 10:30-33). In most cases the confusion is based on miss-understanding the Trinity.

The cults say the Trinity is a damnable heresy. For a mortal who has never seen God, to say that the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, immortal God cannot be God in heaven, come to earth as a man, and be everywhere at the same time by His Spirit (a statement beyond his pay-grade) is a greater mystery than the Trinity itself.

There is not a man on earth who can tell you how a brown cow can eat green grass and turn it into white milk! Answering the Cults

edit on 23-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

o all the Atheists and religious haters of ATS, I HATE religion with a PASSION. I despise it! I believe it is the root cause of many of our problems. The answer to these problems is the TRUTH.

I have NO interest in conspiracy theories either, I am only interested in FACTS.

If you are as well I would encourage you to decide that you are GOING to find what is real come hell or high water. I only wish I had not waited all these years to do so.

Thank you, Murg!!
Sorry if I seemed hostile.....I, too, am passionate about this topic....
w

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Jesus then quotes Psalm 82, to show that we are all “sons of God”, and that there is nothing wrong in using that term because it is scriptural etc. Jesus then goes on to say, that because of this fact, why can’t he use the same term, bearing in mind, that the “Father has set him apart as his very own.”

Eggs
Actly!

We are all part of the One.

edit on 23-6-2012 by wildtimes because: code

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I guess first off you need to prove Jesus existed in the flesh. And being as there is no real evidence, well, your post is moot.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Originally posted by autowrench
I guess first off you need to prove Jesus existed in the flesh. And being as there is no real evidence, well, your post is moot.

For those who question the existence of Jesus, ask yourself one question:

If Jesus DOES exist, would I want to know Him?

If you don’t open your mind completely to the task, then you have already drawn a conclusion.

Finding God isn't as hard as most think. I wasn't even looking for Him when I met Him. He was looking for ME.

There is no need for anyone to prove that Jesus is real. Jesus is fully capable of doing that Himself. He has already given you ALL the proof you need. All YOU have to do is believe it and you will have more proof than you know what to do with. The ball may actually be in YOUR court and you don't even realize it.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

The Illuminati have been working for over 6,000 years to manipulate the existence of Yahweh/Jesus as a mere myth. That should be your biggest clue.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wrong, wrong wrong and wrong.
Read "The Christ Conspiracy" - Acharya. S
It explains that all religions in the passed 2000 years were directly stolen from ancient Egyptian beliefs.
If you say you are interested in archeology, anthropology and ancient cilivilsations you should definitely not believe in God.
You would already know that every religion; Judaism, Catholicism, Hinduism etc came from Ancient Egypt.
You would know that Judaism, which is where Cathoiclism stems from was originally polytheistic and was changed to a monotheistic religion to control the masses.
Religion was created by the Egyptians for agricultural use. They looked to the skys and made up stories so they knew when to grow their crops, and what season was coming up next. This was an easier way to pass their knowledge down to their children and their childrens, childen. 'God' or 'Elohim/Yahweh' means sun. Which was their God as it was the giver of life.
Jesus was a complete copy of Horus who was the son of Isis.
It explains it all in this book. Please read it if you are interested in ancient cilvilsation.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

When Jesus was in the garden and they came for Him and they asked if this was He whom they were seeking and He answered I AM and they all fell down. Why would they fall down just because He said I AM? Christ was saying I AM as in I AM that I AM. The beginning and the end the Alpha and the Omega.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

When Jesus was in the garden and they came for Him and they asked if this was He whom they were seeking and He answered I AM and they all fell down. Why would they fall down just because He said I AM? Christ was saying I AM as in I AM that I AM. The beginning and the end the Alpha and the Omega.

Indeed, he claimed the title many times. Isaiah 6 is about Jesus, it ties into John 12:37-41. Isaiah actually sees Jesus on his throne, well when Jesus was known as Yahveh the Almighty.

John 12:44-50

44 Then Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me. 45 And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me. 46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak.”

This is why we say Jesus is God, because when we "see" him we "see" God the Father. Ergo we can see God. The Son of God is the physical manifestation of God's Glory which is his Light and Power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join