It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHNG formation armed and in tanks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
My girlfriend is headed south on the highway, headed to a Metallica show in NJ (so jealous...), and she just texted me,

Just saw like 7 tanks with guys in them, like on the top, on the highway w guns and s*

What? where?

Right before the tolls, looks like national guard or something, i donno. Might be training

Yeah. National guard training for their war on citizens in the coming future, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Were there any ground units and were they armed? and was the top gunner on his hardware? what kinda formation?

idk, I didn't get the best look but the guy on top was on his gun, but they were stuck in traffic, think they were gettin off an exit

Hmm. There's been a few topics about the national guard, but the odd part is the amount of tanks they're cruising around with. Anyone know anything that could shed some light?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Maybe they're getting rid of the road toll by blowing it to bits?

OK. It's doubtful.

Preparations for Mortal Kombat? umm i mean Martial Law???

Probably. News of international intrigue like banks downgraded, Bad economic news, Syria under attack and people getting armed by various government organisations, Russian ships being stopped, Iran under huge cyber war, North Korea upset about War games, etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Interesting but need more info, tanks with steel treads on highway? Were they at hampton tolls? Get pics!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Hmm. There's been a few topics about the national guard, but the odd part is the amount of tanks they're cruising around with. Anyone know anything that could shed some light?

very few citizens
have anything that will pierce
a tank....

wait until they start
setting up check points

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Interesting. For several reasons.

The NH National Guard lists mostly Training and Troop command units, a WMD response team, and a Field Artillery Battalion But no armored or Mech units.

www.globalsecurity.org...

the Field Artillery Unit home website brought up nothing

www.nharmyguard.com...

If they are equipped with M109 Paladin's those LOOK (to the uninformed) like a tank, but are not. Most NG artillery units use towed artillery, cheaper to operate due to being less complex then a tracked armored gun. But they could have 109's.

So unless that's the case (or my info isn't up to date) the NHNG doesn't have any armored vehicals. Because of the small size of NH and the fact that other then the artillery unit the rest appear to be training or WMD civil support they are probably a fairly low readiness guard unit (in so far as being ready for overseas emergency deployment) they don't make up one of the NG combat divisions. Belwo is a list of what Guard units make up combat divisions.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its' summer, and June is when most Guard units go to their 2-4 week annual training. Probably nothing to worry about, but it is a little weird they had guys in the gun turrets.

Do she happen to notice if they had blank adaptors on their small arms? Thats a red or yello box over the barrel used when firing blanks during training.

Anyone know anyone in the NH (or surrounding state) NG units?

I would also like to point out that very few National Guard combat units are armored with tanks, mechanized infantry, self propelled artillery, strykers, etc. The ones that are have two things in common. They are usually higher on the priority list for training and deployment because of their equipment. They are also (usually but not always) near a MAJOR base that has similar units. That way they con go to the base for the more complex training, support, and maintenence on the heavier equipment provided by the regular army. Also these units typically do more thent he "1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year" for training, because of the training needs to stay proficient with the equipment. It's pretty easy to keep basic skills on an M-16 once a month. it's another to do it with a patriot missile or an M-1 tank.

Most national guard combat units are light infantry, towed artillery, and aviation assets, which are generally cheaper to maintaine and operate, and generally require less training per month/year. And of course many national guard units aren't combat assets at all, but "sustainment units" trucks ans transportation, supplies, medical, MPs, etc.
edit on 22-6-2012 by SrWingCommander because: spelling and additional context.

edit on 22-6-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwontrun
Interesting but need more info, tanks with steel treads on highway? Were they at hampton tolls? Get pics!

1-93, they were northbound, probably getting off the Hooksett exit, or possibly i-89 towards Keene?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

Looks like they use the HIMARS rocket system (3rd battalion, 197th) but that's still truck based.and looks nothing like a tank.

en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like a good part of the 197th Fires (artillery Brigade) NHNG are actually Michigan National Guard Untis, using HIMARs and the M777, a towed unit.

en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

So these "tanks" aren't from New Hampshire....must be another unit going to training....could she have confused up Armored Humvees for a "tank". Tracked vehicals would tear up a state highway.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
could she have confused up Armored Humvees for a "tank". Tracked vehicals would tear up a state highway.

No, she's a good girl, she knows her ordinance pretty well.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Just saw like 7 tanks with guys in them, like on the top, on the highway w guns and s*
don't think it was those with guys on top, and if the were heading north they were probably outta mass.
edit on 6/22/12 by iwontrun because: op was supposed to be quoted here

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

don't think it was those with guys on top, and if the were heading north they were probably outta mass.

What would mass nat. guard be training in NH for? Think they'd be more interested in areas like Boston
edit on 22-6-2012 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Iconic

Don't know but maybe they wanted rural not urban for exercises, since thats where everyone will go when SHTF.]

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Iconic

Don't know but maybe they wanted rural not urban for exercises, since thats where everyone will go when SHTF.]

If people know anything, they'd stay outta my woods

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If I get some time (pretty busy today) I'll look at Mass NG. I think if you go to the link provided on the NG divisions you can find the info.

Again, it's probably just movement to annual training or predeployment training.

Were these tracked vehical's on trailers or actually driving on the road? If that was mentioned I didn't catch it.

The only thing nefarious I could realisticly think of (especially if they were drivining on their own) is that the Pentagon has gone to a much higher alert status and has ordered a dispersal of units away from major target areas (standard practice if you suspect and attack, especially nuclear). BUT if that was the case you should be seeing this all over the country, esepcially with aircraft. And so far no one has posted anything about that.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Its called thermite and you can make it easily.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iconic

What would mass nat. guard be training in NH for? Think they'd be more interested in areas like Boston
edit on 22-6-2012 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

National Guard are state troops with the Governor of the state acting as the commander and chief of the state troops. They answer to that states governor first. Even the federal government is required to ask permission of use of these troops (or at least this is my understanding).

That being said, since states are considered sovereign of each other (why each state is allowed their own laws), then the Main governor would have to ask permission to move his troops into another states sovereign territory. And IIRC, this request is public information. Could be for training or in acting as agents of the state.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Guard units from different states train together frequently. While technically they area state force that answers to the gov., they can be federalized pretty much at a moments notice. Technically yes they are state forces, but in reality they are really just a reserve army.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's just the weekend warriors out and about practicing for the future. These guys are good guys, they need to train and learn new technology here in America. I can't say for sure what is going on only what I feel it is.
edit on 25-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I also saw them driving down 101 towards Hampton. When I saw them they were around the Candia Area. There was about 5 of them driving in a line down the highway with guys sticking out the top. I did not notice if they had guns or not.

top topics

join