It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illuminati Delusion.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just a quick rant.

I get a little tired with all the talk of their being some illuminati that sends it's subliminal messages to us through music videos and holloywood movies, a faceless group controlling every entity of our lives.

To me it just seems like an easy bogey man to place all of the worlds problems onto. It's a cop out, because there is no real evidence for an illuminati. If you have some, please feel free to contribute.

I understand there was the bavarian illuminati, but I don't believe these are the Illuminati that people refer to today. I also understand therre are secret societies and clubs for rich and powerful people who do control a lot of wealth and power. My argument is that there is not one big conspiracy going on controlled by an all powerful illuminati.

The Illuminati has become part of pop culture with books like Dan Browns da vinci code, the rise in popularity of conspiracy theories, it all feeds itself into the mainstream and people start thinking it's illuminatti symbology rather than cultures adopting the Illuminati meme.

Sorry for that incoherent rant, just wanted to get it off my chest.
edit on 22-6-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
*applause*

S&F

Seriously, it irks me whenever I read that "I" word. Most people don't realize there's a difference between concern with ACTUAL conspiracies, and Loony Tunes "Satan rules the Pope and Jews through the Freemasons and aliens" conspiracy theories.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hear Hear!!

It is getting absurd, to the point of obsession with some it seems.

Some try to find a conspiracy in anything!!! Take half truths and losely based theories, and mixing them into what they perceive to be some illuminati, "tptb" grand plan for some nefarious plan.

Like you, I am getting fed up with the constant barrage of these crackpot ideas with absolutely no substance.

vvv

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It is a made up reality by people who like to believe there is some great evil in the world focused on ruining their lives.

The nutters, in eloquent terms.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

The very theories suggest that people are completely powerless in their own right. It shows an extremely limited understanding of the world and also a limited understanding of issues surrounding politics, business and the like. They want to believe there are groups of nefarious men sitting in a room somewhere plotting out the end of mankind.

For what purpose?

How?

Why?

Who?

Those things are never revealed. Simply an enemy character out of a cartoon show. A testament to how brainwashed some people can really be...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I very much doubt that you will watch this but I will post it anyway...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I haven't got time to watch it today but, I will watch it. I consider myself pretty open minded, but stand by the principle, 'extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence' . If the video is extraordinary evidence then I may be more inclined to agree with the hypothesis.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
S&F!

I am actually glad you started a thread about it, as i was just about to

Many people are blaming everything on "TPTB," and it is getting tiring.

The closest, i would say to an "Illuminati" type organisation in today's world would be the Freemasons. I understand that there is the Bilderberg group, but they are not the Illuminati, nor share many similar qualities...

The Bavarian Illuminati was actually a pretty cool society, as they favoured knowledge over all else (not surprising considering they were around the enlightenment era). If anyone wants more information on the Bavarian Illuminati, you can check my thread in the signature.

As for the symbolism. It drives me up the wall when people start saying everything is Illuminati symbols. Many get confused between Freemasonic symbols and Illuminati ones as well...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Do watch it, you might not agree with all of it but it yanks ya noodle! It basically shows that the 'New Age Movement' are actually aiding the 'Illuminati'. If there is such a thing in this day and age! Interesting film anyways.

P.S. It exposes Zeitgeist.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: p.s

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is an interesting documentary, with the best part (in my opinion) being between 30:00 - 34:00:

While the symbol displayed in said time is of Freemason origin...it is interesting to say the least. While the All Seeing eye is on the document, the messenger mentions Adam Weishaupt (Illuminati founder) by name.

I must say though, that there are some far-fetched theories in the documentary (but on the other hand, they provide factual information at some points). From my personal study, i didn't find many documents supporting the new world order theory or that of satanic worship within the ranks of the Illuminati. i did find some occult stuff though (but it doesn't help when people associate the occult with Satan...)

Obviously, i prefer real facts over this far fetched stuff.
edit on 22-6-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yes, I believe the documentary I posted touches upon the 'Illuminati Seal' with the little full stop with pyramid and eye included. It is very interesting, it seems that if such a group existed in the 20th century, they had infiltrated the KGB.

This is no small task, infiltrating the KGB is effectively suicide if one gets caught. And probably a very painfull suicide to say the least.

edit on 22-6-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This thread reminded me of an old one, the illuminati are the good guys.

The gist of it is some guy writing fiction books claims he is part of the new "illuminati" and he puts secret messages to help everyone inside his books.

You just have to buy them, thats all.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I used to pop my head into the uber-religious threads for my National Enquirer moment of self-righteous pomp and glee. Then I just found them annoying.

Then I noticed a preponderance of Illuminati threads, and they composed my National Enquirer moment. Then I sincerely became concerned with the apparent lack of critical thought applied to suppositions and accusations.

I think we should send all of them to Cairo, and watch some spontaneous combustion.

Like nobody in Hollywood is aware of an underground swell of interest in all things secret society, and found a way to actually make money off of it. Yeah, no way anyone in Hollywood could have figured that one out. Hasn't anyone realized this began gaining momentum after "National Treasure" and that Dan Brown book-turned-movie was released? It sparked a new generation's interest in secret societies found throughout history. Yeah, I'd say the kids are getting dumber. And if you're trying to figure out where Cairo is, there's your sign...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hey OP.

I think you have a point, but I also think the "illuminati fearers" have a point to.

Talking of the media, and subliminal messages, and brainwashing... You *cannot* deny that it *is* there.
Most the people I know are brainwashed, its kind of subtle, so you have to be astute to realise it.
Put it this way, when me and my friend turned 18, I asked who she was going to vote for.. She answered with "Pahhhahhhhahhhhahhhhahhh, God Sin, your nuts, I don't care!"

I was the crazy one aparently
God forbid I ask her any deeper questions other than that simple one.

What's the difference between me and her? She watches telly (mainly music channels) allll day long, and is only interested in material things. 2 and half years later, she's joined the social baby boom, like 80% of everyone our age.

My cousin, same age as me, is now suffering with multiple medical problems and has gone up to a size 12, 4 years ago she was fit and a size 6. What happened to her? COCA COLA and CRISPS.

My mom, 20 years ago was the *Belle od Belfast City*.. Now? She has medical problems and a bad addiction to prescription drugs.

EVERYWHERE WE LOOK the sheeple are RIDDLED with problems.

The question to ask, is, who is causing it??

The secret shadow elite, and the "illuminati" is just another name for them, there are endless amounts of secret societies, and bloodlines that create these problems.

Interestingly, I've been trying to trace the illuminati since its Bavarian inception in 1776, they joined the Freemasons, and have been untracable since. One can only assume, they are no more, or they really are the untouchables.

Above the 33rd degree are the illuminated ones, apparently.
We can never really know untill we dismantle them. When will that happen?
Their grand plan seems to be reaching crecendo, we rise now, or we're all up sh*t creek.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

If you believe in the Illuminati (as the common day reference refers to) you are most certainly brainwashed. There is no evidence of it. It doesn't exist outside of an organization from many years ago.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The Booze Party clearly doesn't understand my post.

Less Booze might help! Lol

Vote Sinny if your smart enough to grasp my above post!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well, I get tired of the two different choirs singing their own praises in harmony with each other.
One choir sings Yes, we know what's true and right, and we have it all figured out, nana na na nana, and sticks their tongue out. The other choir does essentially the same thing, but they sing an extra chorus to drown out the first choir.

The truth is, neither side has opened their eyes long enough to take a truly objective look at the topic. They have already decided what they want to believe, and only look for evidence that supports their paradigm.

Illuminaughty, Bilderbergs, TPTB, Rothchilds, Reptilians, are all buzzwords pointing to those some believe are the oligarchy behind the curtain. (See the Wizard of Oz for the meaning of "behind the curtain".)

So instead of exercising your vocal chords, and writing new hymns to sing for your church, do some objective research, and I think both sides will find out the other side has some valid points, and not so valid points.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I also noticed the JFK speach at 17 minutes. I have listened to it many times but everytime I hear it I can't help but think, wake up aMERICA, YOUR OWN pRESIDENT WAS TELLING YOU THAT YOUR COUNTRY IS BEING CORRUPTED BY SECRET SOCIETIES! Sry caps.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

My cousin, same age as me, is now suffering with multiple medical problems and has gone up to a size 12, 4 years ago she was fit and a size 6. What happened to her? COCA COLA and CRISPS.

My mom, 20 years ago was the *Belle od Belfast City*.. Now? She has medical problems and a bad addiction to prescription drugs.

EVERYWHERE WE LOOK the sheeple are RIDDLED with problems.

The question to ask, is, who is causing it??

The secret shadow elite, and the "illuminati" is just another name for them, there are endless amounts of secret societies, and bloodlines that create these problems.

None of these people shoulder the responsibility of their own problems? Why not? Why isn't it their fault?

First thing you can do to stop being a "sheep" is stop thinking and acting like one. Why does some secret cabal have to have complete control over your life, why can't you just think for yourselves?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by boncho

The Booze Party clearly doesn't understand my post.

Less Booze might help! Lol

Vote Sinny if your smart enough to grasp my above post!

Vote for daaskapital and the ATS People's party if you want reason

To the Illuminati point. I am with boncho on this one. the Illuminati was dissolved within the same century it was created - it was a short lived society, yet had a fast growth rate.

One can not blame the Illuminati for this as they no longer exist and even if they did, their ideologies were/are not those of current day secret society members. i will quote a text from the Bavarian Illuminati itself regarding members and how to attain membership status:

“The goal that the Order proposes for the future remains the same: to render unto man the importance of the perfection of reason and his moral character; to develop social and humane sentiments, to oppose the wicked designs in the world, to assist against the injustice suffered by the unfortunate and the oppressed, to encourage men of merit, and in general to facilitate the means of knowing and science. Assurance is here given, in a sacred and faithful manner that this is the sole goal — not just supposed — of the Order.

On the contrary, the Order offers nothing more, therefore candidates will increase in due time; this will prove to be more beneficial, as they realize that, in opposition to the practice of other societies, we possess more than what we had promised.

A member who is thrust upon entering the Order with the hope of gaining greater power and wealth would not be welcomed.”

As can be seen, they were much like the Freemasons. This being said though, the Freemasons, i believe, are in no way involved in a plot to take over the world or brainwash people.

Sure, i see MTV and think "What happened since the days of Guns N' Roses?" But i don't think one secret society in particular is controlling the population.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join