It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Terrorists on Benefits' and well known by Intelligence services.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
To me, this information is mind blowing.

Firstly, I'll provide some info on the terrorist in question, but what follows, in terms of MI5 knowing who and what this man is, it just takes it to a whole new level.

The man in question is Abu-Qatada, here's some background-

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Before his detention, Qatada received a range of taxpayer benefits totalling about £50,000 a year. Apart from incapacity benefit for his bad back, there was a further £800 a week in child benefits, housing and council tax credits, and income support. That’s £500,000 over a decade – plus the lawyers’ fees that, of course, have been funded by the state.

We're getting hammered with soaring petrol prices and an increasing cost of living and cuts by the government to pay the 'national debt', and yet this terrorist was living in the UK and had received £500,000 over a decade- one man and his family!

The family lived in an £800,000 four-bedroom semi in Acton, west London, before moving to Wembley during Qatada’s most recent enforced absence. The fact that on his initial arrest in February 2001 he had £170,000 in cash, including an envelope containing £805 destined “For the Mujahideen in Chechnya”, seems to have had no bearing on these handouts. In fact, incarceration has brought the occasional bonus, such as the £2,500 Qatada scooped when the European Court of Human Rights ruled a period of detention in Belmarsh unlawful and unfroze his assets.

It has turned out this 'asylum seeker' had been a very influential guide for many potential terrorists and a big player as a fund raiser to terrorist organisations all over the world-

Indeed, a 2009 online list of required reading for terrorists – called A Mujahid’s Bookbag – includes 81 lengthy works and 98 articles by Abu Qatada. Nineteen of his audio-cassette sermons were found by German police in the Hamburg apartment of Mohammed Atta, the lead 9/11 hijacker.

One of the dangers looking into 'conspiracies' is that one can develop this idea that because the West created Al Qaeda, that the west controls it fully. I think the evidence of Abu Qatada shows this is not the case at all. Whilst Al Qaeda is a creation of the CIA, they still need to recruit real terrorists to do their bidding.

Abu Qatada is a prime example of someone recruiting and funding terrorists, working in the UK he worked to recruit young muslims. From the above quote, it is possible he had been influential certainly regarding at least one of the 9/11 hijackers as his 'propaganda' as it were, was found in Atta's apartment.

So we have to accept that real terrorists are being recruited by an organisation that was created by intelligence services in the first place. Through propaganda, these recruits end up believing the message the likes of Abu Qatada put to them- such as it being just to kill Americans etc.

Where this really becomes mind blowing is that Abu Qatada operated in the UK under the noses of our security services-

All this global incitement took place in London, under the noses of the British security services. And, while here, Qatada has never exactly concealed his true feelings for his new home: in one sermon in the Finsbury Park mosque in 1999, he said that Americans should be attacked, and that they and the British people were no different from Jews, whom he had already said should all be killed. Only after 9/11 and the 2005 bombs in London was Qatada deemed “very dangerous”.

The following is an actual court document from one of Abu Qatada court appeals-

www.icj.org...

In this document we learn that it wasn't just by luck he managed to run his operation of recruiting terrorists and collecting funds, HE WAS KNOWN TO BE DOING SO.

The Appellant has long-established connections with Osama Bin Laden and Al Qa’eda. He was in close contact with Khaled Al Fawwaz, Bin Laden’s representative in the UK prior to his arrest in the UK in 1998, who is now in detention pending extradition to the US for his alleged involvement in the East African bombings in 1998. In 1998 it was reported that the Appellant had in the past received funding directly from Bin Laden.

It's hard to try and understand this, we have a man who is claiming asylum in the UK (in receipt of thousands of pounds in tax payer's money) and yet is directly involved with terrorist organisations all over the world and MI5 knew all about it.

The GIA was a major terrorist organisation in Algeria in the 1990s, and also outside Algeria, notably in France. The background to the splintering off of the GSPC is set out in the SIAC Part 4 ATCSA generic judgment. The Appellant was a spiritual adviser to the GIA until 1996.

He became a spiritual leader for the GSPC, as well as an adviser to Moroccan, Tunisian and Libyan extremist groups. His influence and standing in London grew.

And yet he continued to operate. This next quote is just incredible, bear in mind this a legit document from a court case-

In February 2001, the Appellant was arrested and his addresses were searched in connection with an investigation by the Metropolitan Police into UK links to the Abu Doha Frankfurt cell. These searches and
interviews of the Appellant failed to produce sufficient admissible evidence against him to sustain a prosecution, and so charges were not brought against him. However, during the searches of his addresses, UK and foreign currency with a total value of £170,000 was found. £805 was found attached to a note indicating that it was bound for the mujahedin in Chechnya.

They never had enough to prosecute him yet he had £170,000 in CASH and an envelope with money heading to the mujahedin in Chechnya- at the very #ing least they could have stopped his benefits!!

What are we, as people who are free to think and ask questions about the world around us, supposed to believe? We have Al Qaeda that is a creation of the CIA, and then in the UK we have a man recruiting terrorists with connections to Bin Laden and many other terrorist leaders, our intelligence services know about him and what he was doing, yet he continued to operate even after 9/11!

When we study the PNAC and TPTB, we know they wanted a 'war on terror'. That was and still is their door into starting wars in the middle east. The agenda that was made possible through 9/11 was planned for in the 90's, coincidentally a time when people like Abu Qatada showed up in the UK to start recruiting Muslim extremists. What else are we to assume with this case other than our own intelligence services being complicit in allowing the recruitment, funding and training of terrorists to take place?

The 9/11 hijackers were real terrorists, they weren't involved in the placing of the demolition charges in the WTC, but the plan still needed real terrorists to hijack planes- there is doubt they flew the planes (more likely they were controlled via remote control provided by Dov Zakheim's Flight Termination System) but real terrorists were needed for the 'official account' to have any credibility.

What is scary is that our own intelligence services have allowed people linked to Al Qaeda to operate in our own countries- do they work for TPTB who wanted the 'war on terror'? I wish the answer was no, but what else are we to believe given the evidence?

edit on 21-6-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
When the government labels you a terrorist they are going to use this same ploy against you.

Of course, it won't be $750,000 but $7,500.

Here's something interesting as a parallel in America.

The summary? Police and other 'officials' are recieving, sometimes to to effect of doubling their salaries, taxpayer subsidies in the form of overtime payment from 'special programs' that are nothing more than police state bureaucratization.

Not only that, but these 'programs' are temporary funding and thus, at the end of the spending binge designed to set up infrastructure... the only way to then maintain it is off the backs of the people through 'citations'.

Protect and Serve?

I say

Write and Cite.
edit on 21-6-2012 by JDINFOWARRIOR because:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Did you say: "Terrorists"? Like in: Terror? Terror, Terror, Terror. Say it real fast....it sounds pretty funny.
Besides that, the whole world knows the real terrorists....they're called: Politicians aka Government; and they live in Washington DC.

Special shout out to "big Brother", reading this post! Sup "fam". You know i'm juuuuust playin', right?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It's easy to talk of corruption in America because I'm not American, but I find info like this in the UK very hard to deal with.

I love my country, it's a beautiful place, and yet the intelligence services had acted in allowing a known terrorist to recruit and fund terrorist organisations all over the world, one who may well have been 9/11 hijacker Atta's 'teacher' or 'spirit guide' as they call them. Not only was he allowed to operate, he and his family had received £500,000 in benefits off the UK tax payer.

There are a lot of good police and MI5 out there working for the greater good, but sadly there are those who work against us and for TPTB, those who wanted the 'war on terror' that has plagued this century so far and set the agenda laid out by the PNAC in motion.

It's just awful IMO.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
He's not a terrorist, suicide bombers aren't real, it's just an excuse for when the secret services planted a bomb somewhere. The War on Terror is a Fraud

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A perfect example of how the British benefits system doesn’t always work out the way it should. It awful that terrorist is awarded benefits paid by those who he seeks to harm form a state he seeks to destroy.

I personally support the idea of benefits and the welfare state, but I think it needs a drastic overall to prevent people taking advantage like this. Half a million to a terrorist is idiotic, it’s like the UK is funding terrorists though the back door.

As much as I hate to say it, this wouldn’t happen in America.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
A perfect example of how the British benefits system doesn’t always work out the way it should. It awful that terrorist is awarded benefits paid by those who he seeks to harm form a state he seeks to destroy.

I personally support the idea of benefits and the welfare state, but I think it needs a drastic overall to prevent people taking advantage like this. Half a million to a terrorist is idiotic, it’s like the UK is funding terrorists though the back door.

As much as I hate to say it, this wouldn’t happen in America.

I was worried when you replied given the other thread but glad to see some agreement here

It is lunacy that he operated in London.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein
He's not a terrorist, suicide bombers aren't real, it's just an excuse for when the secret services planted a bomb somewhere. The War on Terror is a Fraud

One of the points from this thread is that you shouldn't fall into this line of thinking. The origins of the'war on terror' I agree is a fraud, but it has generated real terrorists.

The muslim brotherhood and Al Qaeda are British and American intelligence creations, but these organisations do recruit 'real' terrorists.

They need people to carry out the acts, the 'war on terror' is a sham I agree, but Al Qaeda have created terrorists around the globe, the evidence of this thread alone shows that.

I can't prove it but I would tend to think that Abu Qatada was in fact an MI5 asset used to recruit people into terror organisations. How else could he have spread his hateful campaign for so long against the west and influenced so many people without being intercepted and stopped?

The fact that his brainwashing teachings were found in Mohammed Atta's apartment show that Atta was recruited to carry out 9/11. He was a real terrorist on 9/11.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

You know if you bothered to read into the history of Islamic extremism you would probably find some things that are every bit as interesting as your beloved conspiracies. Take what you said about Abu Qatada operating in London and how you “think” he was MI5 being used to recruit terrorists. You’re not actually that far off although the truth is less spectacular.

Before 9/11 the British security services provided shelter to a number of radical Islamises, there was a unspoken agreement between the British and the “terrorists”, “don’t attack us we will turn a blind eye”. This eventually led to Brittan being referred to as “Londonstan” but French Intelligence. During the capture of the BBC journalist Alan Johnston in 2007 the British government went to Qatada for assistance despite him being in prison at the time.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Wonderer2012

You know if you bothered to read into the history of Islamic extremism you would probably find some things that are every bit as interesting as your beloved conspiracies. Take what you said about Abu Qatada operating in London and how you “think” he was MI5 being used to recruit terrorists. You’re not actually that far off although the truth is less spectacular.

Before 9/11 the British security services provided shelter to a number of radical Islamises, there was a unspoken agreement between the British and the “terrorists”, “don’t attack us we will turn a blind eye”. This eventually led to Brittan being referred to as “Londonstan” but French Intelligence. During the capture of the BBC journalist Alan Johnston in 2007 the British government went to Qatada for assistance despite him being in prison at the time.

I have 'bothered; with my history, what you are suggesting is that MI5 allowed terrorists to live and operate in the UK as long as they never attacked Britain?

I'm not saying you are wrong but that is a pretty big acusation to make given Qatada was known to be in contact with Bin Laden as early as 1998 and the official version of 9/11 has Bin Laden responsible!

top topics

join