It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Karen Klein (Bullied Bus Monitor) be getting donations?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I feel you might have misunderstood me, let me clarify and rebutt some of your words.

Yah know...many people are not CUT OUT FOR their jobs...they take what they can get so what!

So, the police officer that snaps and beats someone was ok as he took the job he/she was not cut out for as it was just what they could get?
Or the pushover teacher that breezes their students through, to make their own life easier?
This woman was on a bus to safeguard CHILDREN, what if the person getting bullied was a child rather than an adult, and this lump of a monitor allowed it to happen as she could not even muster up enough courage to stand for herself, yet alone someone else.
This is what happens when the wrong people take the job they are not CUT OUT FOR.

So no one should give you anything because someone else says so!

This is not about me, I stand for myself just fine thanks, heck I even made my own cash!
But as far as people donating money to this lump of a human existence, I'm all for it!
Just maybe she will take the money and get off of the bus for our children's sake.
Take those greenbacks and get some education and find a real job or just retire!
I'm glad she's got new cash.

If someday someone decides to hand you some money I hope you don't have a pack of strangers jump on you and DECIDE what you should do with it and whether or not you are worthy of THEIR charity... remember not YOUR charity so I don't see where it concerns you one way or another.

Like I said above, nobody has ever or will ever "hand me some money", I have my own and I understand where it came from and I am even fairly good of keeping ahold of it.
But I will keep this in mind if someday we are all in a Mad Max world where charities rule the wasteland.

Hope it helps

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
This is also a sign of the current generation of kids and how parents are getting worse and worse at raising them.

DING DING DING! You have just won the internet!

I agree, the problem is not some old lady getting abused, but the little kids that need a beating.
When I was young, Mom was home to keep us in line if need be.
Nowadays, both folks are working 2 or 3 jobs to keep the house, utilities, food, and the trinkets kids "need" to be popular.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Her fund is now over $466,000! Wow!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

This woman was on a bus to safeguard CHILDREN, what if the person getting bullied was a child rather than an adult, and this lump of a monitor allowed it to happen as she could not even muster up enough courage to stand for herself, yet alone someone else. This is what happens when the wrong people take the job they are not CUT OUT FOR.

In all fairness to this woman, it does sound like this was the first time anything to this degree had happened, and she knew the one kid was getting off soon, and she just took the stance of ignoring it, which maybe she regrets now.

Its unfair to say that she wouldn't protect other children , because we don't know that.

She seemed like a really nice lady on Anderson Cooper last night, and not the type to idly sit by and do nothing if she saw a child being cruelly taunted.

edit on 22-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

School bus drivers are not allowed to punish children without repercussions as far as being fired.

I said it in one thread and I'll say it again here:

Originally posted by cetaphobic
reply to post by dayve

A school bus driver should NOT be an authority figure, she should be an old woman who gets respect because the children have parents that taught them manners!

We need to bring back mental hygiene films in schools to teach children manners. We need to bring back etiquette that people in society are expected to follow. We need to bring back shunning those who don't follow that etiquette so that these brats and their parents not only deal with death threats, but great shame.

Only then will our children stop being little terrorists and become future mature adults.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
Her fund is now over $466,000! Wow!

WOW, when I looked this morning it was $467K+ change...

now at 6 pm eastern it is $563,883 !!!!!!

WOW

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

School bus drivers are not allowed to punish children without repercussions as far as being fired.

I said it in one thread and I'll say it again here:

reply to post by dayve

A school bus driver should NOT be an authority figure, she should be an old woman who gets respect because the children have parents that taught them manners!

We need to bring back mental hygiene films in schools to teach children manners. We need to bring back etiquette that people in society are expected to follow. We need to bring back shunning those who don't follow that etiquette so that these brats and their parents not only deal with death threats, but great shame.

Only then will our children stop being little terrorists and become future mature adults.

First off shes not the bus driver, she is the bus monitor.

Secondly, what I meant by my post is that she may not have gone to the proper authorities about this information soon enough, which she may regret.

Might be an idea to try practicing what you preach for before you go jumping to assumptions and giving me a lecture on something I am already well aware of.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

The donation was for $5,000 .. not a lot. Just someone wanting to send her on a decent vacation considering she lives barely above the poverty line (she earns just over $15,000 a year before taxes) and has little to no retirement.

So sending her on Vacation is a big deal to her, and $5k really isn't that much.

Then it spawned into currently $572,000+ with 28 days of funding left.

So a bullied grandmother with no retirement and a crappy job was going to have a little one week vacation that turned into her literally being able to retire exceedingly comfortably by her standards.

"Should she be getting donations?" is irrelevant. If you go to the site to donate and you see she already has this much money you can opt to not donate.. or you can believe she deserves more and donate as 30,000 people have. It's the donators decision as to how much she "deserves". Personally I think it's absolutely incredible that a little vacation has turned into a full blown retirement.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by amongus

The donation was for $5,000 .. not a lot. Just someone wanting to send her on a decent vacation considering she lives barely above the poverty line (she earns just over $15,000 a year before taxes) and has little to no retirement.

So sending her on Vacation is a big deal to her, and $5k really isn't that much.

Then it spawned into currently $572,000+ with 28 days of funding left.

So a bullied grandmother with no retirement and a crappy job was going to have a little one week vacation that turned into her literally being able to retire exceedingly comfortably by her standards.

"Should she be getting donations?" is irrelevant. If you go to the site to donate and you see she already has this much money you can opt to not donate.. or you can believe she deserves more and donate as 30,000 people have. It's the donators decision as to how much she "deserves". Personally I think it's absolutely incredible that a little vacation has turned into a full blown retirement.

I think its getting ridiculous, and if people really feel the need to support victims of abuse, I'm sure there is a list a mile high , of kids struggling in foster homes, because their one single parent was clubbed to death by some bullying boyfriend.

How many families have had to endure paying for funerals for loved ones that were abused , and couldn't take it anymore.

There are young children that are forever damaged emotionally by the abuse they endure everyday, and some is far worse than this.

I'm not saying it s bad that people have donated to her cause, but again, its a pack mentality thing, and after a certain amount, its just redundant.

I applaud that people care ,and show support, for crying out loud, there are many whose families have experienced far worse , and this show of support for one woman , for one day on a bus, has got to hurt.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
$581,805 with 28 days to go as of this post. It wouldn't surprise me if it goes over $1million.

This brings up a concern I though of. What if this spawns fraudulent copycats looking to cash in? How do you vet these videos going forward?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by
Kryties

I got redirected here from your thread which was closed. That's unfortunate because I wanted to learn more about the death threats which was new. Of course it is wrong to threaten children but I think all these "death threats" were just talk and people speaking out of anger and rage after witnessing the brutal abuse put to her by children she is paid to protect.
I remember reading the woman was getting a staggering amount of donations and I think it is great that her dark cloud had a silver lining. I think she should do whatever the heck she wants to with the money. It is her money now and no one has the right to tell her how to spend it or that she should share it or help anyone else.
As for people copying this in a fraudulent manner - anyone can copy anything. It is up to people to research and be sure where they are sending their money. But like any business man who sells anything will tell you... Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Of course it is wrong to threaten children but I think all these "death threats" were just talk and people speaking out of anger and rage

You seem to say , its understandable , and only spoke out of rage, yet the death threats she received were only words as well.

It seems the kids were upset because she took a yearbook away from one of them, which in no way justifies any of their abhorrent behavior.

Neither does being upset about their behavior justify death threats to these children. They might only be words, but their families don't know that for sure, and now have to walk around in fear.

Also, the police have had to spend resources on protection for them, because they don't take over 1000 death threats lightly , nor should they.

Is this an example of how people would act if they "policed themselves", as some have suggested this would be the best way for humans to live ?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Of course it is wrong to threaten children but I think all these "death threats" were just talk and people speaking out of anger and rage

You seem to say , its understandable , and only spoke out of rage, yet the death threats she received were only words as well.

It seems the kids were upset because she took a yearbook away from one of them, which in no way justifies any of their abhorrent behavior.

Neither does being upset about their behavior justify death threats to these children. They might only be words, but their families don't know that for sure, and now have to walk around in fear.

Also, the police have had to spend resources on protection for them, because they don't take over 1000 death threats lightly , nor should they.

Is this an example of how people would act if they "policed themselves", as some have suggested this would be the best way for humans to live ?

Exactly. Whats your point? Both of them out of rage and anger. Immature emotions they should have been taught to control. Are the adults better than the children? Yes, because of the motivation. One was for justice and the other out of pure, wicked, meanness and insensitivity to the feelings of others, of course the adults should know better. Don't scold me about hitting because I am against even spanking kids.

I might be able to help the Police with their investigation.
If they do not know that NONE of these threats are genuine and no one plans to kill any of these children, I can tell them that. These threats are an attempt to repay an eye for an eye. They (adults and who knows kids too) are tormenting the children because they feel the children need to feel the same way they made the monitor feel so they understand. These people are trying to FORCE a quick lesson in understanding on the children. I never said it was right I said I understand it completely. I don't feel too bad about it either. Call me wicked too.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I might be able to help the Police with their investigation. If they do not know that NONE of these threats are genuine and no one plans to kill any of these children, I can tell them that. These threats are an attempt to repay an eye for an eye. They (adults and who knows kids too) are tormenting the children because they feel the children need to feel the same way they made the monitor feel so they understand. These people are trying to FORCE a quick lesson in understanding on the children. I never said it was right I said I understand it completely. I don't feel too bad about it either. Call me wicked too.

I won't call you wicked, I'll call you naive, because you don't know that for sure.

When one of your kids, makes someone angry (for whatever reason), and they get more than 20 death threats on their phone or facebook, and you tell your child.."meh..don't worry hun, its all talk"..then you can talk about none of it being serious.

My guess is after 2 you'd be doing something about it...and if you don't you would be failing as a parent.

When and if it got to 1000, you'd be sweating blood like any good parent would be.

edit on 23-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

I might be able to help the Police with their investigation. If they do not know that NONE of these threats are genuine and no one plans to kill any of these children, I can tell them that. These threats are an attempt to repay an eye for an eye. They (adults and who knows kids too) are tormenting the children because they feel the children need to feel the same way they made the monitor feel so they understand. These people are trying to FORCE a quick lesson in understanding on the children. I never said it was right I said I understand it completely. I don't feel too bad about it either. Call me wicked too.

I won't call you wicked, I'll call you naive, because you don't know that for sure.

When one of your kids, makes someone angry (for whatever reason), and they get more than 20 death threats on their phone or facebook, and you tell your child.."meh..don't worry hun, its all talk"..then you can talk about none of it being serious.

My guess is after 2 you'd be doing something about it...and if you don't you would be failing as a parent.

When and if it got to 1000, you'd be sweating blood like any good parent would be.

edit on 23-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

Yeah I'd be sweating and rethinking how I raised my little brat.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sweet

$653,157
Raised of $5,000 Goal

25 days left

And she gets it tax free, though there are some small fees taken out

4% to indiegogo
and
Third party fee
3% for credit card processing.
plus a $25 wire fee for non-U.S. campaigns. Currency exchange fees may also apply.

She will never have to sit on that bus again.

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 25/6/12 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
Sweet

$653,157
Raised of $5,000 Goal

25 days left

And she gets it tax free, though there are some small fees taken out

4% to indiegogo
and
Third party fee
3% for credit card processing.
plus a $25 wire fee for non-U.S. campaigns. Currency exchange fees may also apply.

She will never have to sit on that bus again.

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 25/6/12 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

hmmm..last time I saw it was up over 800, 000..did some take their money back?

I was also concerned that some hacker types might have contributed to that fund using others credit card information, or even some who don't hack, but had the info.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

wow really,
I wonder what happened to the other 200,000 then.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

wow really,
I wonder what happened to the other 200,000 then.

love and harmony
Whateva

I'm sure I saw it on here somewhere, but it could have been an error in the posting.

I know one member was regretting his choice to donate after it reached close to half a million, and was wondering if he could retract the donation.

Made me wonder if others thought the same, and if it could be retracted?

Also if any funds were fraudulently contributed , it makes sense that they would be extracted.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The Money belongs to Karen. People need to stop Bullying Karen Klein.

Here a video of the alleged harassment and threats of Rape and assault made against Karen.Subtitled to make clear some of the most heinous things said to Karen the Bus Monitor..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join