It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Karen Klein (Bullied Bus Monitor) be getting donations?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Many bully victims will not have the same chance has her
thats for sure

.. damn
people thinks money will solve all problem
most of the time it create problems

250k is enought though
she will probably use a little and the rest donate it to the school
the lady(karen) looks like a kind and generous caring person to do just that

edit on 6/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
There is no should or shouldn't...it's a personal decision.

If someone feels like they want to donate some money because of the crap she had to sit through...it is there decision...no one can say it is right or wrong.

Also, no one can say what she should do with the money...that is entirely up to her.

Yes, but this is a forum to debate as to why things happen.

Hence my question. Of course it's a personal choice...just like believing 911 was an inside job. It's still a debate to be had.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If you feel like giving money away and you personally think she should have your donations go for it, its your money and you should spend it how you like no1 should tell you how to spend your money.

all i know is am not, not because am cheap (maybe
, not because am evil (muahahahahhaa) but because i dont think she should have money for doing her job its simple. kids can be mean and say things but she signed up for it.

but now she has 250k good on her

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
not a problem. anyone who feels like giving this lady some money is doing so of their own volition. i'm glad that her case is attracting so much attention, as it might mean the (generally) appalling standards of behaviour exhibited by 'teenus modernus' will come under greater scrutiny and be addressed with more vigour.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

OMG!!! I actually agree with you for ONCE! OutKast!!! Let me go and check if hell has frozen over!!!

I guess it goes to show you, how we as human beings can agree as long as politics are not involved!
Which is a damn shame, when it seems our political system is the root of most of our problems on this planet!

To be on topic, I would say, that she deserves what money she gets and it is up to her what she does with it! She didn't ask for it or campaign for it!

edit on 21-6-2012 by seeker1963 because: add too

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

it is her job to be a bus monitor, yes. but to be ridiculed on a daily basis for nothing.
this is disgusting.

on top of that, she is a bus monitor, not sure they have the best pension plans. I say donate the world to this woman, if i had spare money I would. get her off that bus and chilling in her backyard with a cold drink. # those kids. they need to be put down. seriously.

the problem with the united states is the ridiculousness of spewing THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY, I DO WHAT I WANT. Yeah its a free country, thats not an excuse to act like a righteous little entitled #.

Free Country =/= A free pass to be a degenerate.

put them down like dogs. it wouldnt happen again.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I know this is harsh, but it's reality in this world today. I can see this opening the door to others like Karen hoping for a payday by antagonizing kids on a bus.

Mark my words. Situations like this will crawl out from under rocks in hopes for money.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I was bullied to the extent where it's affected me as an adult.
My little boy is bullied constantly.
Where's my damn money!?

On topic, she shouldn't get a penny.
Like another poster stated, donate the money to a charity or to an anti bullying campaign.

SMH
where's my money?

ETA: IF anybody would like to donate money to me U2U me (because I was bullied as bad if not worse than this woman) and I'll give you my address and all that stuff.
edit on 21-6-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am shocked at some of the comments posted here.

It seems that the negative comments are derived from some sort of jealousy, or admiration, that she has been given this much money.

The fact of the matter is, why do you care what other people do with their money? There are GOOD people out there, who feel good about making donations. It just so happens that this story has gained a lot of attention as the video went viral.

How much money do you think the posters of the viral video made? They made something, from youtube, at the expense of this poor woman.

This money will buy her a much needed retirement. Not just a vacation...but enough to get her home and out of this awful position.

It goes to show just how much charity is out there. But to condemn it is just hard to understand.

Yes, money is the root of all evil. But I doubt much that this woman is going to put it up her nose, or buy a Ferrari, Porche, or Hummer with it. She will probably die with most of it still in the bank, but will have lived her final years in PEACE.

So GOOD FOR THE American who started this money raising campaign. That shows true American charity, and this woman's life is about to get so much better. Good for her.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
On the fence about what?
How can anyone else even begin to give a crap how you or I spend our money? No one is being forced to give any money. Greece is the worst of worse places. The cops are all corrupt as hell but the kids from that school district are a menace. Every year groups of them get arrested after strings of vandalism and robberies. I have had my car broken into twice and one time they stole the stereo that had a detachable face and I had the damn face! If these kids are what I have to look forward to when they get old enough to walk a mile then things are not getting better.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DONATE DO NOT DONATE.
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE ELSE DONATING THEN YOU NEED A LIFE.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I was bullied to the extent where it's affected me as an adult.
My little boy is bullied constantly.
Where's my damn money!?

On topic, she shouldn't get a penny.
Like another poster stated, donate the money to a charity or to an anti bullying campaign.

SMH
where's my money?

The power of video.......if you had video of you being bullied, and could post on YouTube, you would be able to retire.

Sad.....I actually regret donating before I posted this thread. She should donate the money. But she won't.

link   
Any money that's not in the hands of banksters is fine with me. Give her some money so that she can have fun and enjoy life. That's a chance that not many people get.

link   
reply to post by amongus

Its now up to $277,455, right on! she should be able to retire at this rate.

These mean spirited kids wished to break her down, but unknowingly gave here a huge gift, I bet there mad as hell that she is doing so well.

edit on 21-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by amongus

Its now up to $277,455, right on! she should be able to retire at this rate.

Crazy....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

It's because there are people that are genuinely in more need of money than this woman. Granted it was atrocious what happened to her but to give her money? THere are people losing their homes, children living in cars with their parents. They don't get a dime. But an older woman that's bullied gets a quarter mil? People are bullied every minute of every freaking day.

SMHx10

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I don't personally think that she should get rich...but people have sued for less and were awarded ridiculous sums of money.

If people want to donate to this woman...it is their right to...and it should not really be judged by anyone...but, for her sake and sanity, it would behoove her to donate a portion to a worthwhile charity.

We'll see what comes out in the mix...that's really all we could do.

Who knows what this woman has going on in her life, maybe she has medical bills or has to take care of someone in her family, and this money is an absolute Godsend. Meanwhile, let's acknowledge the fact that their is still good in the world and appreciate that before we try to find something wrong with it.

Do not judge, lest ye be judged themselves- God

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE ELSE DONATING THEN YOU NEED A LIFE.

Really? That's constructive.

My question is why does she deserve the money, when it's her job to deal with unruly kids. Isn't that the POINT of being a bus monitor?

Really, what IS the point of being a monitor if you can't deal with this?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Yeah, people have their hearts in the right place but what about the people losing homes and such due to the economy? I bet these people haven't donated a dime to anyone like that.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Sits back watching the wannabe bullies lol

Herd mentality, the op went with his/her first instinct and donated but the thread went negative and the following began sad really, is it so hard to think originally or must people always follow the pack?

Hasn't this woman suffered enough? Did she ask for anything? Did she set this up? You guys all are almost as bad as the kids on the bus, can't you see that?
edit on 21-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
And I think we have to remember who posted the vid to youtube in the first place...yup, same little oiks who bullied her on the bus, probably in the hope that it would gain them infamy as being tough guys...it backfired spectacularly

And whilst my sympathies are with all of those who have been bullied and have crap lives (mine's not so great financially this now as I had a serious illness last year, which I nearly died from) I think to have a pop at Karen and say she should give the money up is a bit unfair...she didn't ask for any of this! She didn't ask to be abused, she didn't post the video and she didn't start the fund!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join