It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come my posts are cut off across the top?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

A lot of my posts end up cut off at the top like this one. Does anyone else see this. What is happening?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

A lot of my posts end up cut off at the top like this one. Does anyone else see this. What is happening?

Try refreshing your browser a few time to see if something change

Hit the compatibility button if you have IE at the right of the adress bar

had a few problem with my posts to but not like your issue
hope it helped
edit on 6/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You may need to review your avatar height.... that too can cause issues (I believe.)

Also check into your "view" settings... you may need to restore it to 100% if it is "zoomed."
edit on 21-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks guys lets try something. If this were an avatar issue it should turn up on every post.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It did not turn up on the above post. I guess it is not an avatar issue.
edit on 6-21-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for spelling.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
google chrome?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Does that post still looks like that?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I use several different browsers - and I typically see that with Internet Explorer, when you click a link that goes to a specific post in a thread. Hitting refresh when it shows up like that should fix it immediately.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Make sure your browser is up to date! What one are you using?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes it still looks like that. I am using Firefox 3.013 on one computer and Firefox 10.0.1 on the other. Toggling the zoom did no good.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Refresh does not get it. I have had this happening to me for a while now. Just getting around to complain about it. I wonder why some of my posts do that and others do not?

edit on 6-22-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for more info.

edit on 6-22-2012 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have had the same issue for some time now. Can't fix it. The top inch of my browser page is unavailable. I found the only way to get around it is to go to View>Full Screen. Not sure what the problem is but i am running Firefox 12.0 and this has been going on since about 8.0 or so. Does not happen in Explorer. I would change but am too lazy to set up all my bookmarks and passwords again.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
you can also try hitting ctrl + 0 to restore original view (ctrl + = zooms in, ctrl + - zooms out

dunno if that helped, I use firefox too but don't have a problem

Maybe check your text size as well?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

maybe try double clicking on the blue bar at the top. This does the same thing as clicking the middle box upper right side and is full screen rather than windowed mode

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The folks mentioning the zooming may have nailed it...

Why Is Mozilla Firefox Cutting Off the Edges of Pages?

Zooming
Firefox may cut off the edge of a Web page if the browser window is zoomed in, magnifying the text and images. If you or someone else was recently using Firefox and had difficulty seeing a website, you might have adjusted the zoom level for a page, and then later loaded another website in the same window, cutting off the edges of the new page. Click "View" from the Firefox menu, then click "Zoom," and then click "Zoom Out" to reduce the size of the page until it fits better. You can also click "Zoom," and then click "Reset" to display the page at its original size.

There were a few more related resources within this Google Search that may help to resolve it as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thanks but it is not zooming. It does not happen on all posts either.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Get Chrome.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This may be a stupid suggestion, but I have seen this happen to me in certain forums here. The forums that do not allow the starring of posts appear this way on my browser at times (chrome). Is it the same view in forums that allow stars and on the forums that do not allow stars?

Just a shot in the dark here..
edit on 7/7/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join