It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Paradigm Shift in Religion and Faith

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

No, really: enough with this religious mumbo-jumbo. IF jesus would return, the first thing he would do would be closing ALL of your churches, as they all are sin-temples, lead by sinners, running on moneymaking. YOU would be the first to burn. We heathens would smile, convert and say "ooops, sorry for those sins we did before, we will do better now, we didn't know about them!". And jesus and god would have to accept this as they are always presented as forgiving.

I have to echo that myself. Again and again, over and over we hear this. The Godman is coming, and he will take all of the faithful Christians on a cloud up to Heaven. And burn all of the Sinners in Hell. What a fanciful myth that is. Even if he did come back, like ManFromEurope says, he would begin with the Christians who have been brainwashing and controlling the people for 2000 years, not to mention taking their hard earned money so the preacher can life the lifestyle they are used to.

Some Christians and secular individuals predicted several momentous events that they believed are related: occur
The second coming of Jesus Christ -- his anticipated return to earth after almost two millennia.
The war of Armageddon -- a massive battle in Israel.
The arrival on earth of the Antichrist, an evil political, military leader.
The Tribulation, a seven year interval of great suffering and death.
The Rapture, when Christians who have been born again -- both living and dead -- will rise into the sky towards Jesus.
Some horrendous natural disaster(s).
etc.

It is worth noting that all of the following predictions have failed. We expect that all of the doomsday predictions about our future will also fail.

46 failed end-of-the-world predictions that were to occur between 30 & 1920 CE, but didn't
There is nothing, not one thing I know of in the present world that gives any hint at all that Jesus is ever coming back. So I went to the KJV Bible for information. The Gospel of Mark said that Jesus himself prophesied the end of the world and his own return on clouds of glory, during the lifetimes of those then still living. This is a damning piece of information, since those who were living then died nearly two thousand years ago, and Jesus has yet to return. Watch Tower literature persistently claimed that the Armageddon will come within the generation of those who were alive in 1914, when Christ returned invisibly to establish Jehovah's Kingdom. When the organisation predicted Armageddon in 1975, some made a conscious decision not to have more children, and cancelled their life assurance policies, and some gave away all of their possessions.

The founder of Mormonism, Joseph Smith, Brigham Young and others held out the promise that the return of Christ would be within the first generation of believers, but of course this did not come to pass. And in my considered opinion, it never will. And sorry to say, but constant repetition does not make facts. What was it
Joseph Goebbels said about this?

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Lol, look at all the Jesus haters here. Know what happens if you hate Jesus? You hate love, mercy, kindness, forgiveness, justice and grace. Now who is evil? Who hates these concepts? Are you merciless? Are you unkind? Are you unforgiving? Congratulations if i described you, now you know who the wicked are.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Lol, look at all the Jesus haters here. Know what happens if you hate Jesus? You hate love, mercy, kindness, forgiveness, justice and grace. Now who is evil? Who hates these concepts? Are you merciless? Are you unkind? Are you unforgiving? Congratulations if i described you, now you know who the wicked are.

No, there is all of this without having to love someone out of some book. I have love, mercy, kindness, forgiveness, justice and grace (okay, less grace if taken amenity..). Why should you need this jesus-boy? Was he the only one in the world with all those adjectives? Did he give them out to his principles like candy?

How do you EXPLAIN this act of "get love by not-hating jesus"?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

The way I see it, faith IS fact!

faith
noun
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof.
Dictionary definition
How can faith be a fact, when it is belief in something not proven by evidence?

You sound like a new age occultist.

Cute how you bunch those two words together like that to demonize them. "New Age" means just that, a new way of living which I think most of us desire, and "occult" means "that which is
beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding, mysterious, secret, disclosed or communicated only to the initiated. Hidden from view.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I read the entire thread, and saw not one post that claimed hate for Jesus. How could anyone hate a name that did not, could not have existed in Ancient Hebrew? "Jesus" is an English name, friend.
No one hates the Wise man who came here to teach, but many hate the so called followers who killed in his made up name in the past, and continue to kill in his name today. And as a Christian, you call other wicked? Take a look in History's Mirror, friend.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Wonders

The way I see it, faith IS fact!

faith
noun
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof.
Dictionary definition
How can faith be a fact, when it is belief in something not proven by evidence?

You sound like a new age occultist.

Cute how you bunch those two words together like that to demonize them. "New Age" means just that, a new way of living which I think most of us desire, and "occult" means "that which is
beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding, mysterious, secret, disclosed or communicated only to the initiated. Hidden from view.

How redundantly put. Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things not seen..hey aren't you a Christian? Shouldn't you know this? It is a fact that I have trust in God. YOU may not consider what I've shared on ATS as proof that my faith in God does have a measure, I however, would be inclined to disagree with you on that.
I've read a lot, dearie, in order for you to understand what those two words together like that mean to me, you'd have to put the bible into consideration, ruminate on it, and you could be capable of differentiating what the bible says and what other groups say. Consider all that Jesus and the bible says about hate, saying something nicely does not make one nice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join