It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan: Syrian pilot defects in fighter jet.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Not to mention in your other post you have posted.
America is the best country in the world and the only super power

The only super power? in a few years by now, India will be a super power and who knows maybe even Japan.
But America the only super power?

What about Russia,China?

edit on 22-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Tell me if the FSA are just civillians armed with small arms, how come they suddenly know where and when this supposed shelling is going to take place?

How the U.S. Is Using Technology to Aid Syria's Rebels

My friend, you are right. Many ATS members are ignorant to the facts and believe everything the MSM propagandists say, yet they automatically refuse to acknowledge any evidence that contradicts their biased beliefs.

I think the high tech support the US is supplying to the rebels may answer your question on how they know these things before they actually happen. These "rag tag" rebels certainly are receiving outside help, and to believe otherwise is absolute proof of their blind ignorance.

These are not peaceful protesters with small arms, these are heavily armed terrorists with an agenda, and from what I hear they are well paid. I wonder who is paying them

Freedom fighters my a$$

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thats correct a Freedom Fighter isn't someone who is doing it for the Money or an agenda they do it from there own wish,dream to accomplish the task.

A freedom Fighter who fights against all tyranny even terrorists.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The subject here is ”Jordan: Syrian pilot defects in fighter jet.”, not the status or suspected agenda of other members. Please stick to the topic from here on out.

Thank you.

Mod Note: Play the ball, not the other players

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Tell me if the FSA are just civillians armed with small arms, how come they suddenly know where and when this supposed shelling is going to take place?

How the U.S. Is Using Technology to Aid Syria's Rebels

My friend, you are right. Many ATS members are ignorant to the facts and believe everything the MSM propagandists say, yet they automatically refuse to acknowledge any evidence that contradicts their biased beliefs.

I think the high tech support the US is supplying to the rebels may answer your question on how they know these things before they actually happen. These "rag tag" rebels certainly are receiving outside help, and to believe otherwise is absolute proof of their blind ignorance.

These are not peaceful protesters with small arms, these are heavily armed terrorists with an agenda, and from what I hear they are well paid. I wonder who is paying them

Freedom fighters my a$$

So what if the US picked a side, Russia obviously did and all the Tyrant defenders see no problem with that.
It is a non issue and does not effect the rebels legitimacy in seeking Assad's removal from power because of his abuses and genocidal attacks on his own civillians. His airforce officers even see these abuses and know it is wrong, which is why this guy defected. I bet Assad has a lot of his officers families under close guard as insurance all of his trained pilots don't just fly off on him.
edit on 22-6-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

If this was an American pilot, a drone would be sent to kill him, no international law would stop that, this sort of action is regarded as treason all over the globe, but if you're reporting on your enemy, then call it defect.

Words construct the building blocks of propaganda, crack those words, and you'll never be fooled. You don't hear any news reports saying American soldiers defected to Canada, why is that? This is an important issue, although I don't deny the report, it is important to discuss the semantics.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I'm not a fan of Russia or Syria, but they have been allies for a while now so their cooperation on this foreign backed regime change plotted by the West should not be surprising to anyone. My concern is that people actually believe these "rebels" are "freedom fighters" fighting for the people of Syria. If this were the case, the rebels would not massacre their fellow civilians.

As for the pilot defecting, it certainly can be true. I'm not denying it happened, but the story just seems fishy to me and IMO requires a bit more scrutiny before we all jump to conclusions on this exact event. Perhaps the pilot was under orders to perform a mission that he was morally against, which is quite common. This could be a lone example. Being a Syrian pilot right now is risky business especially since a no fly zone is due to be implemented eventually. If I were him I would defect too.

edit on 22-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jihadbilkalam

If this was an American pilot, a drone would be sent to kill him, no international law would stop that, this sort of action is regarded as treason all over the globe, but if you're reporting on your enemy, then call it defect.

Words construct the building blocks of propaganda, crack those words, and you'll never be fooled. You don't hear any news reports saying American soldiers defected to Canada, why is that? This is an important issue, although I don't deny the report, it is important to discuss the semantics.

I'm not so sure about that. Did the U.S. government assassinate or re-claim the 60,000 people that dissented during the Vietnam War? I understand what you're saying. Yes, our American Govt will twist and spin things like this til the cows come home; I totally agree with you on that. We are a propaganda machine!

Here's an interesting article...
Soldiers Choose Canada

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yes you're right, and I appreciate you agreeing with the bulk of my point, in the other hand, those soldiers did not join China and operate against USA. I suppose you'll agree with me on that point is well. A Syrian military personnel going to Jordan which is a hostile nation is a treasonous act. USA would have assassinated him in a similar scenario, there's no doubt in that. To give you an example "John Walker" was an American who was helping the Taliban, right now he is serving a 20 year sentence, basically life in prison.

This is called treason, not just in America, but all across the world, including Syria, but it is good we both agree on that point.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by redneck13

So redneck13 care to explain whatever happened to the Libyan pilots? its 2012 now, still no interviews of them
oh thats right they never even existed.

Seriously? Why do you get it so wrong? Will it all be tales of actors and hollywood studios again? Did they get an actor for the Maltese Prime Minister?

www.daylife.com...

Study the images of the Libyan Mirage F1s in Malta and also note that the aircraft were photographed in Libya before the uprisings.

jetphotos.net...

www.airplane-pictures.net...

Strange how the the then Libyan Government requested the return of the two Mirage F1s. Can you explain why they requested the return of two jets you claim were never flown to Malta? This was refused along with an attempt to send pilots to fly them back.

af.reuters.com...

VALLLETTA Feb 27 (Reuters) - A Libyan Arab Airlines plane refused permission to land in Malta this week was carrying pilots to fly back to Libya two fighter jets flown to the island by defecting pilots, Malta's premier said on Sunday. Prime Minister Lawrence Gonzi told a press conference that Malta had rejected a Libyan government request to return the Mirage fighter jets, flown to Malta last Monday. They remain under armed guard at Malta airport.

edit on 22-6-2012 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jihadbilkalam

...those soldiers did not join China and operate against USA.

True enough. Agreed. On a side note, I think our government is using the notion of terrorism to run amok on the rest of the world. All you hear these politicians say is what's in our best interests. Terrorism has given them a get out of jail free card on all their actions. It's blatant and obscene.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Thats Strange You cannot cross borders with fighter plane “just like that”. You need to get permission so the other side will not soot you down. You also need to get permission to land somewhere. All this you need to get in advance.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Not quite the scenario in many defection cases. For example the case of the Russian Air Force MiG-29 Pilot defection to Turkey in 1989 or the case of the Syrian MiG-23 Pilot that defected to Israel in 1989. The same goes for the defection of the Russian MiG-25 Pilot to Japan in 1976. Sometimes the events happen and develop so quickly that the forces of the country they are defecting to has little time to react even if tracked on radar.

en.wikipedia.org...

Direct links to videos.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Take the case of Mathius Rust. He was tracked on radar and also intercepted but then lost in the system and flew on unchallenged to land in Red Square. This permission that you think that is required often doesn't happen in many defection cases.

Direct link to video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
all this arab revolution is orchestrated by the illuminatis...what is happenign in Syria is 100% orchestrated by the western countries...if there is really a rebellion of the people in Syria, why the rebellion only concerns some small cities... if the people was really against the reginme of Bashar, they would riot eveyrwhere and that's not the case.

Seeing the insistance of the western countries on Syria, it's sure and certain that nothing which is presented to us is true...the western governments are NEVER motivated by peace and justice

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It wasn`t a defecting mission it was a delivery mission and the idiot went the wrong way. If i dont get my plane i want my money back.

edit on 22-6-2012 by StratosFear because: on account of a "S" gone missing

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join