It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is a hypocrite. Go figure.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Shockingly, a search showed that nobody posted this,

Ron Paul gets Social Security, despite prattling on and on about how it's unconstitutional and akin to slavery.

www.ibtimes.com... on-paul-social-security-news-delegate-2012.htm

What will it take for people to admit he's a fraud?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66

What will it take for people to admit he's a fraud?

we got a hater in the house people

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Does this negate everything he's said in your mind? Does this make Obama and Romney look like golden gods to you?

edit on 21-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
actually there isnt any hypocrisy in this. The program exists. why shouldnt one take advantage of their entitlements when and if they qualify for them considering they are also one of the taxpayers who contribute to the service that is provided while it exists?

This is just nitpicking if you ask me. can you tell me if you are being forced to pay for others to get free chicken and you qualify to also get free chicken you wont take it?

If the program DIDNT exist at all and have mandated taxpayers to give up their earnings to facilitate it i could understand making this an issue. however, since everyone pays, everyone is entitled. this is capitalism after all.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Nothing makes you look dumber than assuming that just because someone sees through Ron Paul's bunk, they must support Obama or Romney.

I support neither of them.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

He continued that he paid more into the system than he is getting. This Texas representative believes that government programs such as energy, education and the Federal Reserve must end, but would not eliminate Social Security or Medicare despite his belief of their unconstitutionality. Instead, he says, he would allow 25-year-olds to opt out of the system in favor of saving their money for retirement.

Disagreeing with the system and collecting his checks isn't necessarily disingenuous. Paul did pay into the system and in turn he is entitled to collect from it. Like all Americans, Paul must live within the system even if he disagrees with it. And just because a person disagrees with the system, why must Paul put himself at a disadvantage by disavowing the system?

Source

Nice try, but even Yahoo news defends him stating that he paid in much more than he would ever get back out. A hypocrite would be someone that paid in nothing, disavowed it then pulled money out. Ron Paul is a gentleman and a scholar.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

It's called courage of conviction. Apparently Ron doesn't have it.

I don't like his son, either, but at least he's honest about being a Republican shill.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Social Security is taken advantage of... It's like offering all you can eat to a few people starving, and having everyone else just come for a free meal. He's right, get the young people off of it. You got many people who are able to work piggy backing off of it, just like he "might" be doing. But I don't know the case there, you got information on that? Provide more information on what that S.S. check goes to before you call him or anyone a fraud.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Paul's 2013 budget proposal would guarantee to uphold Social Security commitments to older workers while allowing Americans under 25 to opt out of participating in the program.

You/re kinda right, but you should have read his views on SS yourself.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Gary Johnson is an ACTUAL Libertarian/Independent, and not a Republican masquerading as one.

I don't support him, but at least he's honest.

Maybe people will get behind him, if they can see past the blinding gleam of Ron Paul, Golden God.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In a GOP debate, Ron Paul was asked the following, and replied thusly:

Q: Are you still in favor of abolishing Social Security?
A: Yes, but not overnight.

So, he is in favor of abolishing Social Security. But not before he takes advantage of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
ppl like to go alot on hearsay. but when you actually read or listen to what was said from the horse's mouth. it becomes clear that there has been a twist on perception through the media to manipulate public opinion.

The things you state are regarding the "Welfare State" which isnt about social security only but all the other aspects such as coupons for everything from rent to clothing and food which makes ppl lazy and dependent on the system.

it is the Nanny state issue and many many many scholars who know history will tell you it never works. more and more ppl gravitate to it dropping out of the workforce because they can get everything free. to qualify they mustnt have a college degree so guess what they do.. they dont go to college so that they can get free stuff all day and live off the backs of the working citizens taxes. what happens is more and more ppl will go towards dependence on the state to provide everything for them until there are so much that the taxes cannot keep up with the costs to provide for these ppl who have stopped entirely from contributing to the economy.

Paul is not dependant on the state for survival. he just collects some social security.

Big Deal! He pays for it! and absolutely.. if it is a means to show he isnt in support of "nanny state syndrome" is to do just this. cash back out your investment or as much of it as you can.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
That darn media!

Showing us quotes direct from Paul's mouth, and then pointing out how his actions run counter to his words.

They are a sneaky bunch.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
the real solution is to create and provide jobs for the ppl that pay well and live a dignified life proud of their accomplishments instead of taking handouts for every single thing.

pulling out just social security and speaking about it when Paul really said the words you are criticizing regarding Nanny State Syndrome is pulling it out of context for another baseless arguement.

Im all for dirt on Paul if it exists and can be found. but this isnt dirt imo. the guy still has a history that is so clean it puts most other politicians to shame. and that's what they dont like. the guilt that they are 100 times worse and hiding tonnes of secrets of their illegitimate aquisition of moneys, shredding documents etc. to cover their asses.

you dont see this as the case with Paul. So far. still clean as a whistle.

I dont see why ppl would aim to shoot down such a noble politician. he is everything everyone has been waiting and asking for for years. now it's here ppl are being skeptical and pretending they dont notice. human beings are silly.

no worse than silly.. Ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I am sorry if this offends you, but you are ignoirant if you feel ss is an entitlement program.

www.activistpost.com...
"The federal government DOES NOT fund Social Security! Social Security funds the federal government"

RP paid into the system. The system is broken and the government steals what you and RP paid into it.
RP is a goldbug. He does not pay his bills with gold and silver but he uses the fiat currency that he opposes. Does this too make him a hypocrite or would you be doubly ignorant to not understand why he uses it till it becomes fixed and a workable sytem?

Since it is NOT an entitlement sytsem then we begin to see that those thatdraw from it, PAID INTO IT.

It is noble that he wants to fix something that congress uses to steal from you and I, the people.
It is ignorant of you to claim he is a hypocrite for drawing out what is rightfully his.

Didn't you just claim others were dumb for some DUMB reason?
From here, now that I have enlightened you to the facts you are no longer ignorant but if you continue in your folly, you aren't ignorant but dumber than dumb....stupid to the point of....hypocrisy?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Jtap your comprehension skills are less than that of a 1st grader.....give it up! Your feeble attempts at striking down Ron Paul has only discredited your own intelligence. Quit before you dig the hole any deeper.

edit on 6/21/2012 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
reply to post by satron

Nothing makes you look dumber than assuming that just because someone sees through Ron Paul's bunk, they must support Obama or Romney.

I support neither of them.

Did you get that question mark at the end of my sentence? For your sake, I won't assume you know what one is.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Responses are about what I expected.

"Ron Paul is teh freedom and liberty!"

"You don't agree with me, so you must be a moron!"

Ron Paul polls so low that his chances of getting elected are hovering just north of zero. That's a fact. The majority of Americans aren't buying what he's selling. That's also a fact. It's not a vast conspiracy. You're just in the minority.

Maybe, instead of getting angry and lashing out and calling people who see through him names and insinuating that they're stupid, you should look at why you have such blind allegiance to a run-of-the-mill Republican masquerading an independent.

Direct your anger at me if you must. But maube ask yourself why people who claim to care so much about liberty are so bent on squashing any negative views of Lord Paul.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

funny you claim he has no popularity and is insignificant but yet, here you are...lol.
I think there is a significant reason for your trolling.
You call someone dumb yet when your ignorance is pointed out you continue, making your claims stupid, no longer ignorant because your ignorance is declared by your inability to understand your own topic.
SS is not an entitlement program. What part of that flies over your head? Or are you just trolling and choose to ignore it?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ron Paul paid into the SS system just like everyone else as required by law. He is drawing money from his own savings account. It is not a government funded subsidy. There is nothing hypocritical about drawing from one's own savings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join