It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian president may be offered safe passage for standing down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

www.radionz.co.nz

There are reports that Britain and the US may be prepared to offer President Bashar al-Assad safe passage and possibly even clemency if he was prepared to stand down.

The suggestion came out of separate meetings at this week's G20 summit in Mexico that David Cameron and Barack Obama held with Russia's president Vladimir Putin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I hope this is true so it will end the blood shed, even though I think this Arab spring revolution was a CIA set up . I think the destabilization of the middle east is a bad bad thing ( insert Chris Isaak - Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing )
What we are seeing is blood shed and that is not a good thing .
We hear rumors that the " freedom fighters" are just as bad as the Syrian army & staging events so that the international media & UN observers get a one sided view ?
I think TPTB have cocked this up and now the middle east will be a Muslim super state .

www.radionz.co.nz

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

Yeah. Safe passage into the afterlife. Whatever he did to tick off the illuminati will not be forgiven so easily.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Like thats gonna happen

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
They should leave the man alone. The violence has been funded by the west.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Like thats gonna happen

As I've stated elsewhere

Assad should show he's smarter than good old Qaddafi and transfer his Billions from his Swiss accounts to Russia and then do everybody and himself a big favor.

Retire in Russia...

Then the killing stops, He and his family would live safely and in peace and then he can talk all the crap about the West he wants from the safety of Russia. That would be the smart thing to do and great propaganda IMO.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They just lost one of their pilot's it seems......

To Jordan, and hte plot thickens.....

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It would be best for all involved especially Assad. After milking out and accumulating billions of dollars, he could afford to buy the same amount of land in Russia and crown himself king.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Then the killing stops, He and his family would live safely and in peace and then he can talk all the crap about the West he wants from the safety of Russia. That would be the smart thing to do and great propaganda IMO.

So basically the killings will stop if he steps down? why hasn't CNN reported yet that the fact is we are working with the terrorists ?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Thats the same propaganda they did in Libya and still cant believe are actually buying into it.
Sryia Air Force size is around 70,000. Personal.

Funny this pilot quit after Robert Ford made that facebook post.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

In addition, with Assad gone the terrorist are out of work. Looks like they will be moving to Iran in an attempt to acquire legitimate employment. Oh, darn

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
So basically the killings will stop if he steps down? why hasn't CNN reported yet that the fact is we are working with the terrorists ?

So, let me get this straight you have no issues with the killings by both sides as long as Assad stays in power? I mean, I'm all about ALL the killings stop [Esp of Women, Children and Elderly] by all sides, having it stop for whatever reason.

Do you want to see Assad and his family killed in the streets like Qaddafi simply because you can post another thread to point out the obvious fact that the West has been supplying one side while Russia supplies the other and China is guilty by it's complacency?

Somethings are more important than being perceived as right. The Mig Pilot that defected said point blank something to the effect that 'the military cannot defend forever against the will of the people'.

I'd think about that for a moment whether you accept the fact that the Syrians themselves want change or not.

edit on 21-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Interesting that, of near instant and tons of stars constantly...

---

Do you consider acceptable killing of Qaddafi, especially in the way Hillary praised, and knifed in the anus?

This question is only honestly valid if the current state of affairs is genuine.

This is how things get to the point of failure.

Similar to, but not entirely tranferrable is the support the troops, not war argument. Even the 'left' to those who fall into 2 party system, avoids the issue on certain dates, when it's most applicable to challenge.

The only MSNBC journalist who questioned the "hero" title of troops in most recent Memorial Day, was so peer pressured that he issued 'an apology' within 48 hours.

Do you not question or simply relegate to irrelevance how the situation developed to get where it is today?
edit on 21-6-2012 by uesvaje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by uesvaje
Do you consider acceptable killing of Qaddafi, especially in the way Hillary praised, and knifed in the anus?

No, Did you?

This question is only honestly valid if the current state of affairs is genuine.

Unlike you, I was appalled

This is how things get to the point of failure.

Not sure where you're going with this...

Similar to, but not entirely tranferrable is the support the troops, not war argument. Even the 'left' to those who fall into 2 party system, avoids the issue on certain dates, when it's most applicable to challenge.

Interesting..

The only MSNBC journalist who questioned the "hero" title of troops in most recent Memorial Day, was so peer pressured that he issued 'an apology' within 48 hours.

Interesting...

Do you not question

Yes, I question it.
I may not completely agree with the why's and how for's

or simply relegate to irrelevance how the situation developed to get where it is today

Assad his Father and Syria for that matter have had a great run contributing to the collective Middle East's unstable nature going back quite a few decades.

Did you honestly think that countries like Syria were immune?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I feel the need to defend Agent_USA_Supporter publicly here, you used an unjustified attack of his thread title.

Fact is, Agent_USA_Supporter posted exact title at the time of posting.

when saying below bottom post, you proved yourself to be dishonest and ignorant of how news media operates.

You need to be taught the way some news companies and websites operate.

Don't you know that CNN absolutely not publish news with permanent titles? In fact, their titles are dynamic, and change within the day.

Only after the final update do the title stay as it is.

With further updates to a news story, CNN often change the titles. You should monitor their website and see this for yourself.

The previous title, "Syrian pilot defects, prompting praise from U.S. ", Agent_USA_Supporter posted correctly.

It can be proven that CNN used that title previously.

-----

Jordan grants asylum to Syrian pilot as death toll spikes

No matter how you attempt to spin peoples opinions posting the wrong title [Which by the way is against ATS Breaking Alternative News format] just makes you look desperate and lowers the standards here at ATS IMO.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by uesvaje

Here's the current title of Agent_USA_Supporter thread news. It has been changed even from the title Super Mod DontTreadOnMe edited.

This proves it is dynamic, not permanent. I guess I don't need to further prove the original "Syrian pilot defects, prompting praise from U.S." title do I?

New Syrian 'massacres' reported as Jordan grants pilot asylum
By the CNN Wire Staff
June 21, 2012 -- Updated 1852 GMT (0252 HKT)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yes. It is unfortunate the US is involved with these types of terrorist
Here is an example
www.yankton.net...

Text
Binder said her family must be careful with the information they send online and with what they say over the phone, as they are always fearful of the Mukhabarat, the Syrian intelligence agency. She said up to one-third of the Syrian population is rumored to be on the Mukhabarat payroll, and residents are afraid if they speak ill of the Syrian government, they will be captured or killed.

“It’s what we’ve been told since when we were little,” she said. “Nobody really trusts anybody, only your close family. You cannot speak one word about the president or government. ‘Everything is perfect,’ you have to say.”

Binder said that type of censorship resulted in her father’s death in 1984, when he refused to sign documentation agreeing with then-President Hafez al-Assad, who used many of the same policies that his son Bashar uses today. She said the continuation of such practices for more than four decades is what has led to the recent uprising.

“It’s been that way for 42 years, and now the people don’t want that. They want their freedom. They want to live like everybody else,” she said. “This is why he’s killing them. He doesn’t want them to live like other people.”

Binder, who was born and raised in Syria, used a job opportunity in Kuwait to escape the troubled life when she was 24. She then met her now ex-husband, who was from Yankton, and eventually moved to the United States to start a family. Now 46, she has returned only once to her home county, when she took her two daughters, Ashley, 15, and Jodi, 11, to see her family in 2001.

“If I don’t have my kids now, I would be there a long time ago,” she said. “I would stand by the people, because I don’t agree with what is going on and how people are being killed.”

As the violence continues, Binder said she hopes the U.S. will become more involved in the conflict, not necessarily to support the rebel army, but to find a way to help protect innocent civilians.

“They should protect the people, especially the kids and the women and the old people, because they cannot fight him back. They need help,” she said. “They deserve it. They are human like everybody else.”

You can follow Derek Bartos on Twitter at twitter.com/d_bartos

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pillock

www.radionz.co.nz

There are reports that Britain and the US may be prepared to offer President Bashar al-Assad safe passage and possibly even clemency if he was prepared to stand down.

The suggestion came out of separate meetings at this week's G20 summit in Mexico that David Cameron and Barack Obama held with Russia's president Vladimir Putin.

I thought they'd offered this before? Could be wrong tho.

I highly doubt that he would be able to live in peace in either the UK or the USA as a "safe haven", some Syrian dissident group would get to him pretty fast, or CIA or MI5 would arrange for something bad to happen to him,.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

I highly doubt that he would be able to live in peace in either the UK or the USA as a "safe haven"

Agreed.

Maybe that's why a "Safe Haven" in either US or the UK wasn't offered...

edit on 21-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Vatican news agency Fides via Vatican Insider at credible Italian newspaper La Stampa.

06/ 9/2012
Syria’s ultimatum to Christians: “Leave Qusayr"

The message sent out by the military chief of the armed opposition has spread panic and lead to a Christian exodus

VATICAN INSIDER STAFF
ROME

vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/homepage/world-news/detail/articolo/siria-syria-15868/

An exodus of Christians is taking place in Western Syria: the Christian population has fled the city of Qusayr, near Homs, following an ultimatum issued by the military chief of the armed opposition, Abdel Salam Harba.

This is what local sources told Vatican news agency Fides, pointing out that since the conflict broke out, only a thousand of the city’s ten thousand faithful, were left and they are now being forced to flee immediately. Some of the city’s mosques have issued the message again, announcing from the minarets: “Christians must leave Qusayr within six days, ending Friday.” The ultimatum therefore expired on 8 June and spread fear among the Christian population which had started to regain hope as a result of the presence of the Jesuit Fr. Paolo Dall’Oglio, who stopped off in Qusayr for a week to “pray and fast in the name of peace, right in the midst of conflict.”

The reasons for this ultimatum remain a mystery. Some say it is necessary in order to protect faithful from further suffering; other sources reveal “a continuity in discrimination and selective repression.” Others still claim that Christians have openly expressed their loyalty to the state and this is why the opposition army is chasing them away. Now Christian families in Qusayr have begun their exodus as displaced persons, towards the surrounding valleys and rural areas. Some have taken refuge in parents’ and friends’ homes in Damascus. Very few families have courageously decided to stay behind in their birth city but who knows what fate will meet. Fides sources have reiterated that groups of Salafi Islamic extremists within the armed opposition consider Christians as “infidels”; they confiscate their belongings, carry out mass executions and are ready to declare a “denominational war”.

top topics

join