It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great White Pyramid: Rumor or Truth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of 'The Great White Pyramid' in China? Apparently it is nearly 1000 feet tall. In addition, the Chinese government won't release an official statment on the subject. Could it really be true that in a remote location in a China, the largest pyramid to ever exist (nearly twice the size of the pyramid at Giza) is being hidden from the world's eyes? I would like to hear people's comments on the subject. I for one feel it COULD be possible for it to exist, but IF it does, why would China hide it?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If something that large exist, then it would be able to be seen by satellite imaging. I highly doubt the chinese gov't could hide something like that from anyone with satellite capabilities.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Correct, but acording the rumors circling around, it is apparently on a mountain. Depending on its altitude, it could appear to be simply another snow capped peak.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The White Pyramid, is even rumored to be larger then the Great Pyramid of Khufu, though this has only been reported by one person that we know of, and the China pyramid is made of earth, while the Great Pyramid is made of massive stones.

Just some other information.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
That earth is clay to be exact. Although the white pyramid is not as big a marvel of contruction as the Egyptain pyramids. However, if the white pyramid does exist it would still be quite an amazing structure to see.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
As for satellites, first you have to know where to look, With the expense of satellite "time" it's hardly likely that any Government or agancy is going to reposition a satellite & devote man hours based on a 'rumour', China's a pretty big place & not many westerners have ever got a chance to go into the 'interior'

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentRunner
As for satellites, first you have to know where to look, With the expense of satellite "time" it's hardly likely that any Government or agancy is going to reposition a satellite & devote man hours based on a 'rumour', China's a pretty big place & not many westerners have ever got a chance to go into the 'interior'

Are you kidding? Don't you think more than one government has completely mapped the entire globe?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
well pyramids in asia have to exist because they exist underwater off the coast. Supposedly it was seen by a pilot during ww2. I highly doubt it is that big though.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This pyramid was not underwater. It was built on the ground.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
This pyramid was not underwater. It was built on the ground.
christ dude, obviously. but there are pyramids underwater in asias ocean area. So that is proof one could exist on land.

LL1

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
of the pyramids in china, they are more like mounds:

www.lauralee.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The Fabulous 1,000-Foot White Pyramid of Xian

I didn't read this article, but Google coughed it up with a little persuading. It seems a little off-the-wall in places. It says the 1000 foot pyrimid is a myth. But certainly there are lots of pyramids in China, including, I believe, the worlds's largest. They are made of earth, and in some cases the Chinese have even planted trees on them to prevent erosion.

My understanding is that most of them have not been excavated and that the Chinese are in no hurry to do so. They have said that they want to aquire the technology to be sure that they can preserve whatever they might find.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
1,000 feet high? interesting. perhaps the egyptians traveled to china and saw the pyramid and got the idea? But hey, what do I know?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot
christ dude, obviously. but there are pyramids underwater in asias ocean area.

Where? According to a 'pilot', not, say, a team of underwater archaeologists who confirmed the sighting?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The pyramid is real enough, as are other pyramids in china. Symbolically, pyramids often represent mountains and they're one very common structural style in the ancient world (easy to build, for one thing.) I don't have any truly excellent links to it, but this is a reasonably adequate summary:

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Byrd: do you happen to know if it's actually 1000 feet tall--ie, do you know of any serious archeological or surveying work that's been done on this pyramid--or is that a mistranslation? Chinese likes to use 1000s metaphorically: the 1000 character classic (exactly 1000 charactes long, no repeated characters), various idioms (journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step, a picture is worth 1000 words, etc.), and it seems not unreasonable to assume that this pyramid was just "tall", and thus described as 1000 X, where X is the common unit of length at that time; on coming into English, if this legend was translated long enough ago it's not hard to imagine the translator translating X as feet, either. *m language skills are mostly with Japanese, so I'm reasoning partly off of phrases and compounds that have come into Japanese via Chinese; my Chinese is still pretty rudimentary at this point--just enough to get by with my girlfriends family, for the moment--but "numerology" and number-symbolism is HUGE in Chinese, so far as I can tell).

The link you gave doesn't have any source for the height estimation, so unless it's just not citing a reference it's hard to say. The reason I'm asking is simply because a 1000ft pyramid's pretty impressive, but without further evidence I'd assume it's just a very tall pyramid (a couple hundred feet, maybe), and through a serious of translation erros and rhetorical flourishes it came to be known as being 1000 feet tall.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
silly me, I forgot that emperor Chin was buried beneath a pyramid.Sorry if that has been said.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
From what I have found out about the mysterious pyrimids of China. There were about 100 pyrimids found in China with Korean artifacts of civilization (I must confirm with further research) within the ruins. The pyrimid that is known to be larger then the great egyptian pyrimid is known as the "Great white pyrimid". I dont believe this would be a myth because of the what they have found out was; the material that constructed the pyrimids were made out of clay, which over time the clay became solid as rock. The pyrimids that were found in China were also plotted in the same aspect as the pyrimids in egypt. Chinese archeologists excavated the pyrimids to find artifacts Chinese emperors but instead they found Korean artifacts of civilization. they stop further research on the pyrimids that was conducted in 1963.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
If something that large exist, then it would be able to be seen by satellite imaging. I highly doubt the chinese gov't could hide something like that from anyone with satellite capabilities.

^Uhmm...Do you have those satellite capabilities?
USA is hiding bigger stuff then 'white piramids', so, why can't China?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the 3 Pyramids --Gyzah --- was white before, mpeake -- yoy forgoten?

Or read the old books--- no insult--- please. chapo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join