It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember those NATO protesters busted for Molotov makings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
rt.com...

Well it seems they are being indicted for "attempting to create molotov cocktails to attack Mr. Obama's campaign headquarters."

A grand jury has indicted three men arrested in the run-up to the NATO Summit in Chicago on terrorism-related charges. The men now face decades in prison for purportedly planning to attack President Barack Obama’s campaign HQ with Molotov cocktails.

They apparently never gained any more evidence other than owning gasoline and empty beer bottles, yet were still able to arraign the three men.

However, defense attorneys found a copy of the indictment at the Cook County Court clerk’s office, defense lawyer Sarah Gelsomino noted. That copy contained no details about the evidence.

“This is highly unusual behavior that, at every stage, prosecutors have refused to talk to us,” she remarked. “It is symbolic that we couldn't even get the indictment directly from prosecutors themselves.”

It's good to hear they're fighting this and not settling for a plea bargain, but I bet they sure are nervous.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

I'd sure hope they have better evidence than some empty bottles and a can of gas.
I would believe those materials plus bedsheets could be found at any residence in the US.
Now if you'll excuse me, Ima go hide my lawnmower.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
In my opinion things like this, along with increased news of drones (especially with the creation of the drones that look like common bugs), are scare tactics that are going to be used for years to come to attempt to scare people out of hitting the streets in protest.

new topics

join