It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VW With 80 MPG?, Made In America But Illegal To Purchase?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

Not many stars for this post? Sadly, he's right www.alternet.org...

reply to post by timetothink

Originally posted by timetothink
I was thinking of doing a rant on compressed natural gas engines......is that why we don't have those in the US?? I am sure the gov could tax that also....why are we so behind Europe etc??? Because government keeps getting in the freaking way of business and progress....

Actually it's because keeping it the way it is, is big business in and of itself.

You can't really blame government when lobbyists are lining the legislators pockets.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It's not about taxes... that's silly.

If they came out with a car that got double the gas mileage, they could just double the gas tax, and we would all still pay less at the pump....

The *REASON* that they aren't selling this in the US, is because the Rockafeller dynasty is an OIL dynasty...

Figure it out, sheeple...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by buster2010

I guess I am a bit biased in this as well as I like German cars and their handling. It is simply fantastic as there is no need to slow around corners, and marvelous interiors and lighting. I have owned 2 BMWs and one Mercedes and will upgrade to another BMW hopefully within the next year if finances permit..

Look into an audi. They are in a league of their own. And they dont look like a box on wheels anymore.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I wanted to add this post To this thread here...

Who Killed The Electric Car

This post is dated in 07 so you may have to research the video for it.. But it is an interesting look on how they brought out a good car that was good on gas and suddenly recalled the car for no reason...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join