It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone Call from VERY strange number - being overly paranoid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
20 minutes ago I received a call on my cell phone from the following number...915-598-5274...I reverse tracked this number online and it is an El Paso, Texas number.

What the hell? I don't know ANYONE from El Paso or the whole of Texas for that matter. I did not order anything from El Paso...have never even been to Texas, and don't know anyone who knows anyone from El Paso.

I have not registered for ANYTHING using my cell phone # and have never received telemarketer calls on my cell phone...so this seems unlikely at best.

I did, however...register to ATS just yesterday and have grown extremely distrustful of my gov't over the last few years.

Is there a simple explanation for this? I don't answer calls from phone #'s I don't recognize...maybe I'm being too paranoid here.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Maybe it's a wrong #

[Edited on 5-10-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Since I'm a Texan I decided to call the number. The first time I dialed it was busy. The second time it just rang and rang. It looks like your cell phone has been leaked to........telemarketers. I doubt it's anything to worry about. If they call and you answer, ask them to remove your number from their list immediately.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i don't think that the "gov't" would try and scare ONE person at a time...

i mean, they have better things to do like make terror attacks on US soil and start wars...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thanks for calling the number...I guess your explanation makes sense. I missed a payment on my credit card and received a barrage of harassing phone calls from Pleasanton, California a while back...which adds to my paranoia.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Cellular and PCS technology is far from perfect sometimes switches get made and ring two people at the same time neither of which made the call. I've had it happen and its a bitch tryin' to get someone who doesn't really understand to accept the fact that I didn't call him when he knows he didn't call me.

I once got a call on my cell which come in on the ID as a "Private Number". I did not get to it in time to answer but the time and date of the call was for the following morning. I did a little thread about it last year in paranormal. It was a freaky time for me and I still can't see how it did it because incoming calls are time stamped to your phone's settings...and mine were right. The calls on my log before the call were right and I tested it afterward and it was correct.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This number is for Citicard.

Hope that helps (and is not too late to still be relevant).

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I am putting this as a reply here, because it fits the subject, it is a weird "caller ID thing". This past August my BF went to Egypt. He called me from the Cairo Hilton. You know what the caller ID said? Washington DC call (and a number, a -DC area code, if memory serves). So what's up with this? Why wouldn't it say "International Call", or "Cairo Hilton", etc? The call appeared to be routed thru DC. ??? It was a perfectly clear call and he said he dialed me direct. I am in Chicago, BTW.

Thoughts????

Oh PS-while he was there, the hotel was barricaded off---I guess there was some sort of a threat. About a week after he returned, there was some sort of bombing there (Cairo) too. Think The Man was intercepting int'l calls?????

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have 2 words for you.WRONG NUMBER
:shk:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
One night i was laying in bed and it was like 12:30 at night.. so im about to fall asleep and my phone starts ringing! i never get calls at 12:30.. the latest is about 9 at the most. This chinese guy comes on my answering machine and says my name... Mr --- please pick up the phone this is ---- --
i have no idea who this is... he says '"i have a very special package for you please meet me at grand central station.. i hear a cop car in the background go by and he was in nyc calling from a pay phone because i know what a nypd police car sounds like.. so he says please pick up the phone you must meet me here please i have a very important package for you.

I have no idea what this package is and im not spose to be recieving anything at the time.. so he leaves a phone number then he calls again and again and i didnt answer..so i called the number the next day and a women picks up and i said did you or maybe a son or husband of yours call this number last night because i got a call and the caller told me to contact him back at this number.

I have no idea who this was and he never called me back since and i have the msg saved on my phone. I have no idea what the package was or how he knew my full name. Anyone get the same thing? And paranoid it might of been a wrong number.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The strangest I got was about 2 years ago just around Christmas time. A woman dialed the wrong number and got my voicemail instead - Obviously she didn't listen to my message because it was something along the lines of 'This is the original Cornish Pixy, I'm in Pixyland at the moment, so just leave a message'

I was subjected to twenty minutes of the most Stepford-like explanation of what she was going to do at Xmas, what time her family planned to get up, have breakfast, open gifts, go for a walk ...

At 7am we're going to get up and have our showers. At 8, we'll have breakfast and and 9 we'll open gifts. We may go for a walk at 12 or may wait until after lunch. If you plan to come for lunch please be here by 1 promptly ... etc etc etc

I almost sprayed 'Best Pixyland' over the keyboard I was laughing so much.

new topics

top topics

join