It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the community anamocity against abductee stories?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by Jefferton
Because alien abductions are not real, and those who believe they are abductees have mental problems and should seek help.

You are whqts wrong with the world. Why do you even come to such a thread to spout off #ing bull#?

I don't think you can make such claims without being able to back it up with something, he's most likely right.

I doubt you can appreciate the irony in your comment.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

So, the abductions didn't happen until after you became a "student of the mysteries"?

That's why you've been abducted.

What kind of practices are you in to as a student?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Because alien abductions are not real, and those who believe they are abductees have mental problems and should seek help.

You are whqts wrong with the world. Why do you even come to such a thread to spout off #ing bull#?

It could be argued that the people who claim to have been abducted are the ones spouting %^$&ing bull$^&@.

It seems ridiculous to me, in this modern day, that people would believe in alien abduction considering we have CAMERAS EVERYWHERE and still no believable evidence of an abduction - in fact we don't even really have any reasonably convincing UFO footage..

Add to that that most people who claim to be abductees are pretty crazy... Seriously.

Now, I'm not saying that I completely DONT believe in alien abduction, I just haven't been convinced it's real. If you have some evidence to the contrary, PLEASE SHARE>

thx, bai.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

We have here the typical answer from a person who (according to their own words) should really seek help themselves. That's one of the most fantastic example of close-mindedness I've seen recently... Very, very sad Jefferton.

This is the kind of reaction that prevents many people from admitting their own story to the world, because they will not be believed. Anything can be said without proof, that's the sad truth, so yes there are many inventions and creations, many frauds and hoaxes, and all this fog blurs the image of the few real cases.

Tell people that there are actually billions of galaxies, they'll easily believe it, even if they have never seen one in the sky.

Put a sign saying "fresh paint" on a bench in the park, and people will get their fingers on it, to check it...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

We have here the typical answer from a person who (according to their own words) should really seek help themselves. That's one of the most fantastic example of close-mindedness I've seen recently... Very, very sad Jefferton.

This is the kind of reaction that prevents many people from admitting their own story to the world, because they will not be believed. Anything can be said without proof, that's the sad truth, so yes there are many inventions and creations, many frauds and hoaxes, and all this fog blurs the image of the few real cases.

Tell people that there are actually billions of galaxies, they'll easily believe it, even if they have never seen one in the sky.

Put a sign saying "fresh paint" on a bench in the park, and people will get their fingers on it, to check it...

These are horrible examples. Just because an individual hasn't seen a galaxy with their own eyes, doesn't mean they can't refer to the millions of pieces of photographic evidence that proves their existence.

There is no such evidence when it comes to ALIENZ!

I know you REALLY WANT TO BELIEVE.. But until there is proof, you might as well be claiming the Easter Bunny is real. I'm sure if the Easter Bunny was as hyped-up and prolific in pop culture you would have millions of people around the world claiming they mothered his love child, or spent a weekend with him drinking beer and hooking up with spring break chicks.

I find it offensive that the person who requires proof of a claim, aka, the logical guy, is being branded as "what's wrong with the world." What's wrong with the world are the people with unsubstantiated beliefs in myths, legends, and fairy tales.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

They asked, I answered. And I believe it is more sad that people are lost in these fantasies. There is absolutely zero proof of alien abduction. Just a lot of crazy talk. Prove me wrong...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

It is the truth though...whether you are willing to accept it or not. People who claim this never ever have anything to back their claims up....where is this acceptable anywhere besides in the UFO community.

These people are either delusional, dreaming, or just making it up. That is fact.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Well, an honest answer to that would be because most people, whether they admit this or not , believe in their hearts despite what their fantasies and imagination tells them, that it is more likely that UFO's are in fact earthly government technology and not extraterrestrials.

Therefore, when they hear an abduction story, they give the response you mentioned in your OP. Also, many of these people that I mentioned above are more likely to assume that the experience in the abduction story is caused sleep paralysis or demonic oppression and instead of hurt your feelings, they will just say. "Nice Story".

That's what I think.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The odds favor that over abduction by a non Earthly life form

Given the number of claimed abductions (by both supporters and claimed abductees), there must be ET craft all over the place. Seems like I saw a post where it was being claimed a million people had been examined or taken. Likely inflated by more than a bit..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

It sure is. That reminds me of a strange coincident that happend once. Just after I finished reading The Day After Roswell, where it is claimed that Intel made their chips with back-engineered alien technology from the Roswell crash, I visited Tokyo, Japan. Beeing a beerlover I visited Popeye bar (highly reccomended, they have like 80 types of beer on tap, and the owner is such a great guy). Sitting at the bar an american sat down on the stool next to me, turns out he is one of the leading engineers at Intel. I was not shy and confronted him with the claims in the book, expecting him to go sit somewhere else. But, instead he was very nice and refutted my claims, from his position within Intel he had to be in the know. Always thought that was such a funny coincident

edit on 20-6-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

So, the abductions didn't happen until after you became a "student of the mysteries"?

That's why you've been abducted.

What kind of practices are you in to as a student?

The alien encounters happened in my childhood, from my teenager years the abductions started to happen. As a grown-up I studied many fields on interest to me, some considered "unnatural", maybe this was because I tried to figure out what happened to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Most abductees are shy or apprehensive about saying what they think or know is happening to them for a number of reasons.

The way I see it is abductees will start a thread describing the abductions but that’s about it, not many are ready to talk about it, yet they know it needs to be documented so others who are in a similar situation can read it and see if anything matches or sounds similar.

You will notice sometimes a subject will pop up with nothing at all to do with abductions, but then all of a sudden someone feels comfortable about talking in that thread about their encounter and opening up a little more, this has happened on ats a few times.

If you’re after a discussion about your encounter then include it in the title example something like this, I’m ready to talk about my abduction. Then people will know you’re not just documenting your visitations.

But also keep in mind just because your thread isn’t being discussed doesn’t mean the that no one is reading it, maybe just maybe someone out there has read it and made a connection to what is happening to you is also happening to them.

Just keep it truthful and don’t exaggerate. Also you don’t need to reply to anyone you don’t want to.
It can be a little off putting and downright mean of people calling you a liar, it can make you defensive, I know I’ve been through this, I’ve learned to deal with it now, although I don’t talk about it outside my immediate family.
I don’t dwell on it, sometimes its hard to get through it, but I just shake it off and get one with it.

best of luck.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Just out of curiosity, are you aware of any practices that your parents or other family members might have been into when you were a child?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Just out of curiosity, are you aware of any practices that your parents or other family members might have been into when you were a child?

No. They have told me that they were interested in me because of my destiny and my previous lives. I won't divulge anything more, I'm sorry.

MM

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

So, how has your family responded to your claims?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I see where you are coming from, but in my case it is not that I am not ready to tell my story, it's that you are not ready. It's a deep rabbit hole, indeed.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So, how has your family responded to your claims?

They don't know, and would not be able to concieve it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I understand what your saying, but was curious as to whether or not your family has accepted or rejected your experiences?

Edit: Just received your answer. Thanks.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MerkabaMeditation
reply to post by Whateva69

I see where you are coming from, but in my case it is not that I am not ready to tell my story, it's that you are not ready. It's a deep rabbit hole, indeed.

Oh I'm ready.

Spill it please. =]

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Perhaps your signature should rather say Flaming Mode Enabled?

MM

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join