It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) Rip-off of 'Harry Potter'?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Goes to show how thick some peeps are!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
oh its gone.
i was wondering what his expectations will be as he starts to watch the extras on the dvd

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I would have to agree that it's an ugly troll at work to see how many people they can stir up. Show up, drop the bait, leave, then return later that day to see how much damage you have done. It might seem strange, but feigned ignorance works very effectively as bait for a heated discussion. It reminds me of people in WOW who flood trade with stuff like "USA>China - remember pearl harbour!"

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

edit on 20-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I would have to agree that it's an ugly troll at work to see how many people they can stir up. Show up, drop the bait, leave, then return later that day to see how much damage you have done. It might seem strange, but feigned ignorance works very effectively as bait for a heated discussion. It reminds me of people in WOW who flood trade with stuff like "USA>China - remember pearl harbour!"

I don't get it. We are supposed to forget that China attacked Pearl Habor and forgive them just cause time passed?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well yes.

And also never forget how you chased the chinese guys around in their hidden tunnels in that war in 70's that did not go well for America.

vvv

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

"I don't get it. We are supposed to forget that China attacked Pearl Habor and forgive them just cause time passed?"

You mean Japan right? You are taking the piss now!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by boncho

Well yes.

And also never forget how you chased the chinese guys around in their hidden tunnels in that war in 70's that did not go well for America.

vvv

You mean the Japanese?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by boncho

"I don't get it. We are supposed to forget that China attacked Pearl Habor and forgive them just cause time passed?"

You mean Japan right? You are taking the piss now!

That was China, we fought Japan in Vietnam.

You people really need to pay more attention in movies...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

LoL. Im game, god dammed Africans starting WW2, its just not cricket! LoL

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It's actually fascinating to see the range of personas that exist in an online game. You have the trolls, the e-Experts, grammar nazis, armchair psychologists, the uneducated, the really wise, the very knowledgeable, the agitators, the passive-aggressives, the contrarians etc. All get suckered in by the subsequent comments made by others in relation to the bait that was dropped.

In a way it's good to have some social interaction in a game that rewards you for acting like a robot. Some very interesting people out there that you would otherwise not even notice.
edit on 20/6/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by boncho

LoL. Im game, god dammed Africans starting WW2, its just not cricket! LoL

Finally we have a winner.

link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by boncho

Well yes.

vvv

You mean the Japanese?

My bad, I mean the Koreans. Americans should be ashamed of using their technology against peasants.

vvv

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Well yes.

vvv

You mean the Japanese?

My bad, I mean the Koreans. Americans should be ashamed of using their technology against peasants.

vvv

I'm still trying to figure out why the Americans started the war with Mongolia in Iraq.

Sidenote:

This is in General Chit Chat right? Because otherwise I'm bound to lose a few posts by the mods...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

lol your in what we call a sh** stiring mood

for some reason you reminded me of the proverb bartender from the movie The Boondock Saints with a bad memory.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Do i get a hat n a balloon since im a winner? Lol lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The link says the comment was deleted

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
*facepalm* .. my lord .. people get dumber and dumber ... lol I'm glad the OP cleared up the fact that it wasn't their opinion ..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
The Hobbit books came out well before the Harry Potter books.

So the question you should be asking is what did the woman that wrote the Potter series steal from the Hobbit.

Wow, I guess you didn't look at the link. The Hobbit movie hasn't been released yet so it probably just finished being written. The first Harry Potter movies came out ten years ago now (Around that?) so it's pretty obvious it's a rip off. And why would the Tolkien guy write the prequel after the first movies were released?

People really need to do their research.

You're joking right? ... you must be joking.. there's no way you are serious .. You realize when the books by Tolkien were written I hope.. he died in 1973 .. long after he authored the hobbit... the hobbit was published in 1937! .. the first animated film was in the 70s ... J.K. Rowling was born in the mid 60s .. she was a toddler when the first hobbit cartoon film came out =)
edit on 6/20/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join