It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6/19/ 12 Ron Paul To Wolf Blitzer: There Is ‘No Way’ I Am Ready To Endorse Mitt Romney

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

So where's the quote saying he'd sell-out for a speaking slot? Who's hearing what they want? And I can paraphrase because I don't need to waste time writing everything down word for word in order to absorb it!

Seriously, I need to post it again?

“If you get a primetime speaking venue at the Republican convention, that would be significant. I assume you agree?” Blitzer added.

“I think so,” Paul said. “I think that i would probably take care of the opportunity if i could give my speech.”

This is Ron Paul's price.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I ain't heard no fat lady.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

That's great, now address the fact he said he would not pass on an opportunity to speak on a prime slot. What do you think would be required for him to be given that offer? Do you think he believes it will fall like mana from Heaven? So respond to my quote, he stated he would not pass on a speaking slot if he could get it. HOW would he get it?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Actually he did not say that, he said he would not YET. Yet implies he would under the right conditions. The conditions for his support come later when he talks about a speaking slot. Seriously, this is not rocket science, it's not even difficult to understand. He wants to continue getting his message out, and so he won't endorse Romney. If they give him a prime speaking slot to get his message out, he will endorse him.
edit on 20-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Asked if it would be significant and Paul says "I think so"......he answered the question plain and simple....I don't see where he is saying that is his goal and price. And your quote from Paul's reply to question is missing the emphasis on "my" that part is crucial.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by txraised254

You can emphasize the my part, since that is exactly what I am saying. The price for him selling out is that he gets to deliver HIS speech. Not just that he gets to talk, but that he gets to talk about what he wants. In exchange he will endorse Romney. It's so clear to anyone without bias.

I don't see where he is saying that is his goal and price

Maybe you need to not cherry pick, like every single RP supporter has done here. Look at the entire quote.

“I think so,” Paul said. “I think that i would probably take care of the opportunity if i could give my speech.”

Of course if you stop at I think so you won't understand, because you remove what he is actually saying. He said he would take that opportunity. Now look at what he said earlier about endorsing Romney.

“Your son [Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)] has endorsed Romney. I take it you’re not yet ready yourself to endorse Romney, are you?” Blitzer asked.

“No. Not ready,” Rep. Paul replied.

“Not ready?” Blitzer pushed.

“No way.”

“What’s stopping you?” Blitzer asked, adding that “you obviously appreciate the fact he’s going to have 1,144 delegates that will put him over the top.”

“What’s it going to achieve?” Paul laughed. “I think it’s legitimate for us to continue to debate.”

So he is not ready YET because he wants to continue the debate, he wants to get his message out still. So now you need to answer the question, what will it achieve? Well if you answer that with your endorsement of Romney will get you a prime speeking slot and allow you to get YOUR message out at the national convention, you have answered his question. Many comments imply this, when taken together and put into true context this becomes even more clear.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
OccamsRazor, debating with you is quiet useless.

Almost every conclusion you come too is ridiculous,, you're trying too hard.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by derickonfire

Yet you dont bring up any of the quotes I presented, I guess it is easier to say I am wrong than to look objectively at the facts and show it. You're right, it is useless to debate with me if that is all you will bring to the table. I've put the same quotes over and over and not once has anyone responded to it. How about you take a gander, or are you just going to talk without actually saying anything.

“No. Not ready,” Rep. Paul replied.

“What’s stopping you?” Blitzer asked, adding that “you obviously appreciate the fact he’s going to have 1,144 delegates that will put him over the top.”
“What’s it going to achieve?” Paul laughed. “I think it’s legitimate for us to continue to debate.”

“If you get a primetime speaking venue at the Republican convention, that would be significant. I assume you agree?” Blitzer added.

So Ron Paul does not say he will not endorse Romney, he says he is not ready to endorse Romney because he wants to continue the debate. He then says he would take the opportunity to give a speech (continue the debate), which logically would fulfill his requirement of wanting to continue the debate and allow him to endorse Romney. Show me where the logic fails. Do you think Ron Paul is delusional enough to think he will get to give a speech and not endorse Romney?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You're making guesses and preluding to a possibility.. you think your logic is firm, and though it is convincing and perhaps WILL be a possibility, it is NOT fact.

A class in critical thinking will teach you that your reasoning contains many a 'fallacy'.

That is all, good night to you sir!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
RON PAUL WINS.....AND WE WIN AS WELL

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by derickonfire
You're making guesses and preluding to a possibility.. you think your logic is firm, and though it is convincing and perhaps WILL be a possibility, it is NOT fact.

A class in critical thinking will teach you that your reasoning contains many a 'fallacy'.

That is all, good night to you sir!

I never said it was fact, I stated it is the logical conclusion to his statements. What fallacy does my reasoning contain?

What he stated is fact, the conclusions I reach are opinions based on the logical conclusions of those facts. I keep asking someone to logically show me where I am wrong. No one wants to address what I say and rather attack me than my logic, much like you have done.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Ron Paul is saying he has lost the race...

He is also saying he will never support Romney...

"What is he going to accomplish?" Ron Paul makes it clear he is going to keep fighting for his beliefs and that those beliefs are not supported by Romney, and therefore he will never support him.

He talked about spreading his message and how that's the most important thing now that he's basically conceded to Romney. That this movement must continue into the future and it's far from bringing to bear the fruits of it's labor. He understands one presidential race is small in comparison to the Revolution that is taking place in the minds of Americans.

No Way means there isn't a way to support Romney. There is No Way... Wolf should have later asked will you support him in the future? Then you and wolf's lack of comprehension wouldn't have fouled your understandings of Ron Paul's words.
edit on 6/20/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

So where's the quote saying he'd sell-out for a speaking slot? Who's hearing what they want? And I can paraphrase because I don't need to waste time writing everything down word for word in order to absorb it!

You're out to lunch and apparently completely inept when it comes to politics. Paul is using the idea of perhaps eventually supporting Romney as leverage. If he flat out says he will not support romney rather than pretend he's simply not ready, he loses any bargaining power he may have.

Fortunately for us, Ron Paul is a little bit smarter than say, you.

He's holding his cards close to his chest so he can best represent his supporters, he can't completely alienate himself from the Republican party if he wants to further his message.

He will 100% not be supporting Mitt Romney. Your idea that he is bargaining for a speaking slot is a guess and a bad one. He is dealing with this the same way he dealt with all the 3rd party run questions, even though he knew long ago he would not be able to because of the sore loser laws in many states.

You, my friend, have no idea what you're on about again.
edit on 20-6-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Blitzer then asked Rep. Paul: “I assume you’ve reconciled yourself with the fact that Romney will be your party’s nominee?”

“Well, it looks like he has the delegates, yes,” Paul conceded, “but he doesn’t have the control of the hearts and minds of the people.”

Paul flat out states Romney is the nominee.

So for you:

"It looks like [Romney] has the delegates" = "Romney is the nominee"

Interesting logic... let's apply it in another context

"It looks like the sun rises out of the ocean" = "the sun rises out of the ocean"

In other words "I think that if I got a primetime speaking venue at the Republican convention, it would be significant, and I would take that opportunity to make a speech."

Would that speech endorse Romney? Maybe so. Probably not though, given Ron Paul's reputation.
edit on 20-6-2012 by wagnificent because: fixed quotes

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Ron Paul is saying he has lost the race...

He is also saying he will never support Romney...

"What is he going to accomplish?" Ron Paul makes it clear he is going to keep fighting for his beliefs and that those beliefs are not supported by Romney, and therefore he will never support him.

He talked about spreading his message and how that's the most important thing now that he's basically conceded to Romney. That this movement must continue into the future and it's far from bringing to bear the fruits of it's labor. He understands one presidential race is small in comparison to the Revolution that is taking place in the minds of Americans.

No Way means there isn't a way to support Romney. There is No Way... Wolf should have later asked will you support him in the future? Then you and wolf's lack of comprehension wouldn't have fouled your understandings of Ron Paul's words.
edit on 6/20/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

First, you are using quotations, and then not using the actual words of Dr. Paul.
Paul did not say no way, he said "Not ready". Why did he not use the words no way, or never? Because he WILL if he gets his demands met. The rest of your Dr. Paul quotes are equally inaccurate, when you look at what he actually said, it supports my conclusions 100%. Don't use quotes in the future if you won't use what was actually said.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

You're out to lunch and apparently completely inept when it comes to politics. Paul is using the idea of perhaps eventually supporting Romney as leverage. If he flat out says he will not support romney rather than pretend he's simply not ready, he loses any bargaining power he may have.

He's holding his cards close to his chest so he can best represent his supporters, he can't completely alienate himself from the Republican party if he wants to further his message.

He will 100% not be supporting Mitt Romney. Your idea that he is bargaining for a speaking slot is a guess and a bad one. He is dealing with this the same way he dealt with all the 3rd party run questions, even though he knew long ago he would not be able to because of the sore loser laws in many states.

You hit the nail of the head and 100% said exactly what I am saying, and then show YOU are the only one who is inept. There is no leverage unless he supports Romney. How is he using the idea as leverage if he won't do it. He will have to support Romney BEFORE he gets what he wants. The very fact you see the truth and then turn a blind eye to it is shocking.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagnificent

Blitzer then asked Rep. Paul: “I assume you’ve reconciled yourself with the fact that Romney will be your party’s nominee?”

“Well, it looks like he has the delegates, yes,” Paul conceded, “but he doesn’t have the control of the hearts and minds of the people.”

Paul flat out states Romney is the nominee.

So for you:

"It looks like [Romney] has the delegates" = "Romney is the nominee"

Interesting logic... let's apply it in another context

"It looks like the sun rises out of the ocean" = "the sun rises out of the ocean"

For someone talking about context it's amazing you can't use context. The question asked Dr. Paul was not about delegates, it is about reconciling himself to the fact Romney is the Nominee, which Paul states "yes". So now let's make your scenario fit.

It looks like the sun rises from the East = the sun looks like it rises out of the Atlantic Ocean, yes.

In other words "I think that if I got a primetime speaking venue at the Republican convention, it would be significant, and I would take that opportunity to make a speech."

Would that speech endorse Romney? Maybe so. Probably not though, given Ron Paul's reputation.
edit on 20-6-2012 by wagnificent because: fixed quotes

No I am sure the speech would probably not endorse Romney, the endorsement would take place before the speech. Why would they allow Dr. Paul to speek unless he gives them something in return? They wouldn't. So now you need to ask yourself why would Dr. Paul even go into it if there is zero chance for it to happen?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
^^^ LOL

I really hope you're just trolling and not serious..

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by derickonfire
^^^ LOL

I really hope you're just trolling and not serious..

I really hope you can add something constructive, as you are trolling. Based on your previous posts, I doubt you can. Care to show me where I am wrong? So far the only person who tried proved me correct, saying Dr. Paul is using it for leverage to further his agenda, exactly what I stated he was doing.

Or are you alluding that they would allow Dr. Paul to speek out of the goodness of their hearts?
edit on 23-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

You hit the nail of the head and 100% said exactly what I am saying, and then show YOU are the only one who is inept. There is no leverage unless he supports Romney. How is he using the idea as leverage if he won't do it. He will have to support Romney BEFORE he gets what he wants. The very fact you see the truth and then turn a blind eye to it is shocking.

Leverage, as in getting his message out. Not leverage as in, selling out. There is a 0% chance Paul endorses Romney. It isn't happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join