It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it legal to kill a police officer if they are endangering your life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Say the police officer went on a complete power trip, and was using deadly force on someone who is innocent, and does not deserve that type of treatment, and that person, in a fight or flight decision, chooses to fight, and manages to eliminate the threat (raging officer), and there are multiple witnesses, and even a video recording of the event.

Would self defense laws come in to play, or are they null, because an officer of the law was killed?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There was a guy in canada of all places that shot a swat team doing a no knock raid at the wrong place in the middle of the night and it was ruled to be justifiable.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Not in America, You can do no harm to a police officer in America without facing stiff penalties or even death. But that same police officer whether raging or not can use deadly force against you for just about any made up reason they can come up with. Just look at all the police brutality vids on youtube. Most people are innocent when they blast throw a door at the wrong address. The police of America are the biggest well organized gang on the planet.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Does it really matter? If a cop is going to kill you wouldn't you worry about legal ramifications after you stop him?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
We should beat the crap out of them the way they beat the crap out of us. Then taze their asses until they drool snot. Then pop a couple caps in their a** and say, "Welcome to America! Where it's legal to beat the sh*t out of the innocent and the mentally ill."
edit on 6/19/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Have some faith that no harm will come to you. If it is your time, it is your time. Do not sink to the level of murder. Live and die with honor.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Is it legal to kill a police officer if they are endangering your life?

Regardless of legalities, unfortunately, killing a police officer under any circumstance is the same as participating in a Kamikaze mission...and those have been proven to be detrimental to your health.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Wow. Tombstone courage.

Saddle up, John Wayne.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

The answer to your question is absolutley and absolutley not. This is what a trial is for, if you are accused.
Cases like this are becoming more commonplace, so it's not like the days of the recent past, where cops were untouchable. That being said, at least one reliable witness and video is really helpful to recreate the scene.

link   
It is now legal in Indiana.

source

In Indiana, police officers are upset over a new law allowing residents to use deadly force against public servants, including law enforcement officers, who unlawfully enter their homes. The law was signed by Republican Governor Mitch Daniels in March, reports the San Francisco Chronicle. The law was adopted after the Indiana State Supreme Court ruled that there was “no right to reasonably resist unlawful entry by police officers," after a man assaulted an officer during a domestic violence call. The law's author, Republican state Sen. Michael Young, said there haven't been any cases [yet] in which people have used the law to justify shooting police. The National Rifle Association lobbied for the new law, claiming that the Indiana State Supreme Court decision had legalized police to commit unjustified entries.

link   
If its self defense it aint murder morally...regardless of what the cops say. Just stow away on a plane headed to cuba

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yes and NO!

Yes if you can prove that but dont think for one moment that you will make it to the jail. If you do dont think for one moment that the witnesses wont be intimidated and threatened!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
When a government fears its people, there is liberty.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Only in Indiana.
The new bill just passed.
source

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow, very good question.

Regardless of your reaction, I guess it would be illegal to kill a cop if he/she endangered your or your loved ones life.

Scenario: You, your wife are walking with your young 6 month old twins in a stroller. Up comes a crazed cop who starts to smash his head against the tree while yelling "they are coming to kill us on December 21". He is drooling at the mouth, he just wet his trousers and his eyes are bloodshot and crazed. He then runs up to you, grabs your twins out of their strollers and proceeds to chew on the 1st ones arm and then he manually starts to strangle the 2nd twin, all the while screaming and crying at the top of his lungs.

You yell at him to stop, pull at his arms but to no avail. There is no one nearby to help.

Now, you have your fully loaded Smith and Wesson 500 .50cal tucked into your waistband. You feel you have 10 seconds to act.

What will you do next?

edit on 19-6-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Whatever you do, don't say a word until you have a lawyer. Not one single word. Allow your witnesses and video be the proof, because what you say and do can be used against you. Even if you speak the truth, those words can be used against you.

That's all Ive got to say about it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
In most places, it is generally going to depend on what the District Attorney and a grand jury investigation determin if the incident should go to court or not.

It's going to be difficult to get out of, that's for sure, but I beleive there have been several instances where it's happend. You would have to do some research to find out.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hahahahahaha............

This is gonna be a good one!!!!

Ah hemmm can you kill a police officer if your life is threatend?

In all fairness, i think the question is; Do you have the right to defend your life against all threats both foriegn and domestic???

The answer. YES

But........... In the end its you against the ENTIRE police force in a court of law.

And there i say is where you will recieve your double life sentence if not the death penalty.

Hahahaha there motto is " we kill you, not you kill us " .....

Hahahaha remember the state gave them authority under oath and god to kill you if their life is even slightly in danger.

The state did not extend the same to you.

Now yes we can defend against each other, but not police.

Police are above the law, they own the law, and can manipulate the law to sway an outcome that suits them.

Besides, in the end...... Its your wod against theirs.

Go figure.

In hindsight..... Its better to be judged by twelve than carried by six!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fuzzy0087

The biggest and newest thing that's currently being projected from the police right now seems to be simple.

Comply.

Remember, if you don't: violators will be shot.

Law enforcement is a dangerous job, and this attitude has developed over the years. I think it's a self feeding cycle now though, they get more militaristic because the threats they face are greater. And the threats are greater because the police are more militaristic.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
Have some faith that no harm will come to you. If it is your time, it is your time. Do not sink to the level of murder. Live and die with honor.

Really? Guy is trying to kill you and you have to means to save your life but you have to take his and you are just going to stand there and let him kill you?

It is nice to say that stuff. I think of myself as a very good person. I put just about everyone else before myself but I am not going to let someone snuff out my life without a fight. although I never carry a weapon of any kind and im not trained in any form of combat so I would probably die anyways.

It is a tricky thing to say that it is ok to defend yourself against the police because people will be able to kill a cop and say "well I felt my life was in danger" In my opinion there are more good cops then bad cops.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join