It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal's Get Huge Government IRS Checks - forget the tax REFUND part... Caution: Blood Boiler,

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hang the scumbag illegals who take advantage of our stupidity.

The root cause may be the tax code, but it's just words on paper until someone abuses it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As we know, it is easy for illegal immigrants to file tax returns that show dependents.

And just as easy for US citizens.

It seems however, that Harry Reid (D, NV), the Senate Majority Leader, has blocked the effort !!

Not exactly. The bill was introduced by Vitter last year. It is now in committee. Sessions and Vitter asked for unanimous consent on the bill. Reid objected. The bill is still in committee. It is not blocked. It is following the normal legislative process.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

The phrase is "The above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge"

Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return and accompanying schedules and statements, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, they are true, correct, and complete. Declaration of preparer (other than taxpayer) is based on all information of which preparer has any knowledge.

www.irs.gov...

Big difference.

edit on 19-6-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.

~Will Rogers~

It is only fitting that a code hiding its own lies behind tautology, and tautology is always true, that the general response to that lie would be more lies from those filing.

The hardest thing in the world to understand is the tax code.

~Albert Einstein~

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Don't blame the illegals, blame the IRS and their insane tax code.

I blame the illegals ... those that hire them ... those Mexican gov't folks who print maps out for them on how to get to the USA .... those who provide 'safe cities' in the USA for illegals to migrate to ... those who are apologists for wide open borders ....

There is plenty of blame to go around ..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

The phrase is "The above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge"

Big difference.

So, to the best of your "knowledge" then why don't you answer my initial question I asked of you. What is the subject of the income tax?

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

~Albert Einstein~

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Oh...
It's bad for illegals to file fraudulent claims (capital offense?) but it's ok for US citizens to do so.

I wonder how much revenue is lost to US citizen fraud...probably a bit more than $4 billion.

edit on 6/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
What is the subject of the income tax?

I never argued your point that the tax code is hard to understand.

Just that I will refuse to be told not to hold people who are preparing fraudulent tax returns willfully as part of the problem themselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I wonder how much revenue is lost to US citizen fraud...probably a bit more than $4 billion.

I wonder how much revenue has been gained from US "citizens" to government fraud...probably way more than the $15 Trillion dollar plus national debt would imply.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by rtyfx

Oh...
It's bad for illegals to file fraudulent claims (capital offense?) but it's ok for US citizens to do so.

edit on 6/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

And I will blame them also.

BUT...we aren't talking about them right now are we?

Why shift the blame? It's ok for illegals to rape my money because citizens and the government do it too?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

I never argued your point that the tax code is hard to understand.

I never made the point that it was "hard to understand". The point I made was that no one understands it. So, to the best of your knowledge, what is the subject of the so called "income tax"?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

We aren't talking about Americans. We're talking about illegals. Stay on topic.

/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Proof? Is not this thread OP proof? Or are we one who distrusts EVERYTHING out of the MSM?

Nuff said...You read an article, have no proof that the reporter saw the real tax papers, no proof of what the fraud really cost, no proof of anything but your word that the article is true to the best of your knowledge.

Is there fraud going on? Sure, but illegals aren't the only culprits. Rage on. The biggest culprit of taxpayer fraud is our own government. 16 trillion and counting.. Yea, but let's blame the illegals and reelect the ones who are robbing us blind.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It's ok for illegals to rape my money because citizens do it too?

Please point out where I have claimed such?
I hold no brook with tax cheats of any stripe. Nor do I particularly care for illegal immigrants. Nor do I like irrational arguments such as those which claim the illegals are making use of a loophole.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

To the best of my knowledge the subject of the icome tax was for domestic criteria such as roadways, bridges etc. that the country needs.

To the best of my knowledge it has morphed into a blood sucking monster that drains our hard earned money daily.

But, still, to the best of my knowledge we don't need illegals or citizens making it worse.

And I will blame anyone who does. Whether the tax codes allow them to or not. I understand the point about changing the problem with the codes, but I sure as hell can blame the resulting individuals who can discern right from wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Some dang good quotes and yes the income tax has made me a liar.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Proof? Is not this thread OP proof? Or are we one who distrusts EVERYTHING out of the MSM?

Nuff said...You read an article, have no proof that the reporter saw the real tax papers, no proof of what the fraud really cost, no proof of anything but your word that the article is true to the best of your knowledge.

Is there fraud going on? Sure, but illegals aren't the only culprits. Rage on. The biggest culprit of taxpayer fraud is our own government. 16 trillion and counting.. Yea, but let's blame the illegals and reelect the ones who are robbing us blind.

When did I say the illegals are the only culprit? Try to keep up please.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Nor do I like irrational arguments such as those which claim the illegals are making use of a loophole.

So, you just think this is all made up? Billions didn't go to illegals last year for their dependants? The IRS hasn't come out and declaired this a problem?

BTW...please read before you type. I never stated that the illegals were the only problem.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

To the best of my knowledge the subject of the icome tax was for domestic criteria such as roadways, bridges etc. that the country needs.

The subject of any tax is that Person, Thing (property) or activity that is being taxed, not what the revenue is used for once collected.

To the best of my knowledge it has morphed into a blood sucking monster that drains our hard earned money daily.

Okay, so when you are singing under penalty of perjury that to the best of your knowledge all the above is true and correct, is this what you are stating, or are you perjuring yourself by not stating such on a valid tax return?

But, still, to the best of my knowledge we don't need illegals or citizens making it worse.

A "taxpayer" is specifically defined by the tax code, not once, but twice:

(b) Taxpayer

Notwithstanding section 7701 (a)(14), the term “taxpayer” means any person subject to a tax under the applicable revenue law.

26 USC § 1313 - Definitions

(14) Taxpayer The term “taxpayer” means any person subject to any internal revenue tax.

26 USC § 7701 - Definitions

Any person is defined as such:

(1) Person

The term “person” shall be construed to mean and include an individual, a trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation.

No distinction is made in regards to citizenship or residential status.

And I will blame anyone who does.

Blame is irrelevant and does nothing to fix any problems.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Has anyone thought about it from this angle?

Maybe they aren't doing it intentionally?

If I had someone in another country who I legally took care of, I would think of that person as a dependant also.

Maybe they just never read that statement on the irs.gov website?

In this case, I blame the system that allows it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join