It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal's Get Huge Government IRS Checks - forget the tax REFUND part... Caution: Blood Boiler,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Since the average American citizen cannot change the laws, and the politicians are more concerned with garnering more votes and will not change the laws to protect Americans. What shall we do?

Since you obviously have all the answers, what shall we do?

Our country is no longer ours until we decide to stand and fight for it, yet we cannot do that because it isn't politically correct.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I thought Illegals don't know English.

Now suddenly they are tax experts....

many tax "professionals" target specific groups.

Latino tax pro

(Lo Que Hacemos en español mas abajo)
The Latino Tax Professionals Association (LTPA) is a professional association dedicated to excellence in the field of tax preparation and related services. LTPA was formed to serve Latino Professionals who work in all areas of tax practice, including individual practitioners, accounting and bookkeeping services, enrolled agents, certified public accountants, and immigration attorneys.

As the only Latino-focused provider of tax education and related services, LTPA will present workshops, conferences, and summits on topics that are of great interest to our members that include evaluations of tax preparation, accounting and write-up software, seminars and materials to help with the marketing of your practice, setting up your business for success and growth, etc. We are here to help the Latino tax professional grow their business.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Never said that I had all the answers.

Why don't you just quit while you're at it? You can't offer a productive counter-argument.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by HandyDandy

You mean the LAWS were never meant for that.

I'm pretty sure the law states that to use ones nieces and nephews as independants is against said law? Therefore, not technically a loophole at all. Just people doing something ILLEGAL.

Get it yet?

Loopholes are literal holes in the interpretation of a law.

Since the law clearly states what is and is not a dependant, how can claiming a nondependant as a dependant be a loophole? It's not....it's just ILLEGAL.

If there isn't specific language that covers an issue, anyone with knowledge of this can easily take advantage of said laws.

Again. I'm pretty sure that the law states what is and what is not a dependant.

Nice try though. You are still not thinking with your head and rather with your emotions.

Thinking with emotion? No, I know that what these people are doing is illegal.

Going by your and thetenth's logic....George Zimmerman should be free with no charges against him. Don't blame the shooter....blame the law that allowed the shooting.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

If they got away with providing ITINs then the IRS messed up on this.

Obtaining an ITIN has nothing to do with the child tax credit. There is no loophole in the tax laws which is allowing child tax credits to be claimed by those with ITINs.

What there is are people who are filing fraudulent returns claiming unqualified dependents. It is no different from US citizens doing the same thing. It is illegal.

edit on 6/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Never said that I had all the answers.

Why don't you just quit while you're at it? You can't offer a productive counter-argument.

Just as they want us to do sit down, shut up, and take it. There is a solution to this problem and when the whole system crashes this ship will right itself.

Your only input to this has been Fix the laws. How do we fix the laws.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

No it's not.

Not at all. I'm saying blame the people who make it possible. The US government ALLOWS this to happen everyday they don't close those loopholes, they are enabling this behavior.

~Tenth

No they are not. There ARE laws against tax fraud already............

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
reply to post by tothetenthpower

NO I will blame the entire political system. They will do nothing because this country has become so inept at doing anything because we're so mired in the political correct bull crap that is so pervasive in this country. I sit here and watch you people bicker back and forth about this issue. The issue is this country is going to hell and there is nothing the American citizen can do but get raped. While these free-loaders abuse our system and rake in the cash hard working Americans lose their jobs, homes and way of life.

That's not their fault, it's YOUR fault as an American for putting up with it Sir. How about you go out and become politically active and try and make a difference if you are so upset?

How is it a non-citizens fault what goes on in a country full of citizens who are either two lazy or too pre-occupied to do anything about it?

Do you think people in Mexico have it better than you? They've been dealing with a drug war for the last decade that's been perpetuated by YOUR government arming cartels. How do you think they feel about you and your government?

I'd steal your tax money too. That's another story entirely however.

They come to this country and work for pennies on the dollar under the table, mooch off of social programs, and then abuse the tax loop holes. Then when we actually say something we get slapped in the face with "Americans are racists because they do not want ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS in their country.

Right right, it's illegals fault that nobody but them will pick fruit in southern california, or trim lawns and clean pools, sure. America didn't create a whole industry around cheap mexican labor or anything, no they did that all by themselves...

It's not racist to not want illegal immigration. It's stupid to blame to them for a problem perpetuated by your government and politicians though. They created that environment them. How is it their fault for taking advantage of it?

If there were a loop hole that allowed me to come into your house and beat your children, it is ok with you because it really isn't my fault I was beating your children, just blame the system.......Get Real.

No, it's not ok with me, I was just giving you an example, that you don't blame the people who did it, if they were enabled by other folk. You have to look to the ROOT of the problem, the causes, not the outcomes, or the reprocussions of that enablement.

~Tenth
edit on 6/19/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Obtaining an ITIN has nothing to do with the child tax credit. There is no loophole in the tax laws which is allowing child tax credits to be claimed by those with ITINs.

Never said there was a loophole. You can't claim the credit with an ITIN. The article says this is the way they are getting the extra money.

What there is are people who are filing fraudulent returns claiming unqualified dependents. It is no different from US citizens doing the same thing. It is illegal.

Never said it wasn't illegal..

You're slipping phage.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Your 10-year-old nephew lives in Mexico and qualifies as your dependent. Because he is not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or U.S. resident alien, he is not a qualifying child for the child tax credit.

www.irs.gov...

Boy...that was just sooo hard to understand, I don't know know were to begin. [/looks at Jean Paul]

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Don't look at me. I didn't write the tax codes.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
First of all. Do illegals have a Social Security Number? or a Tax ID?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I understand the root of the problem, it is our government. As it stands there is absolutely nothing the average citizen who actually spends his time working 2 jobs to provide for his family, can do. Sure I vote yet that is a farce because in all reality there is no difference between the predetermined choices we have.

An average citizen cannot run for government because it is too cost prohibitive.

Your saying that these are the only people that will work these jobs it bunk. If we actually did away with the nanny state we currently have people will HAVE to work to survive. Whether given the choice to mooch or actually work...well our left leaning school systems have wholly prepared our up and coming generations to willingly accept the government teat. There is no self pride or motivation anymore only a sense of entitlement.

The businesses that employ these illegals should be fined out of business. Livable wages should be paid to all that work.

While I understand your underlying points in this matter, you have to understand that there is really nothing we can do as citizens.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

That's not their fault, it's YOUR fault as an American for putting up with it Sir. How about you go out and become politically active and try and make a difference if you are so upset?

How is it a non-citizens fault what goes on in a country full of citizens who are either two lazy or too pre-occupied to do anything about it?

Do you think people in Mexico have it better than you? They've been dealing with a drug war for the last decade that's been perpetuated by YOUR government arming cartels. How do you think they feel about you and your government?

I'd steal your tax money too. That's another story entirely however.

And the anti-USA biased monster rears it's ugly head yet again.

I really thought better of you TTP.

Right right, it's illegals fault that nobody but them will pick fruit in southern california, or trim lawns and clean pools, sure. America didn't create a whole industry around cheap mexican labor or anything, no they did that all by themselves...

You try and compete with someone who is willing to work for half than you because THEY CAN because of your stupid liberal views and coddling of them.

It's not racist to not want illegal immigration. It's stupid to blame to them for a problem perpetuated by your government and politicians though. They created that environment them. How is it their fault for taking advantage of it?

So, if I shoot a black kid and take advantage of a law, then it is not my fault for murder? Please.

No, it's not ok with me, I was just giving you an example, that you don't blame the people who did it, if they were enabled by other folk. You have to look to the ROOT of the problem, the causes, not the outcomes, or the reprocussions of that enablement.

So, you don't blame a drug cartel member when they murder someone? It was just the USA's fault for the drug war? No one has personal responsibilty anymore?

edit on 19-6-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You can't claim the credit with an ITIN.
You can if the dependents are legally qualified. Whether or not an ITIN is used instead of a SSN is irrelevant.

I know you didn't say it wasn't illegal.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yeah, your apathy is 99% of the problem.

That's why your enslavers have one, cause they've actually managed to make you believe that there's nothing, nothing at all that 330 million people can accomplish together.

I get it, it's not easy, it was never supposed to be, the whole system is set up so that change is enormously hard.

But until people get fed up and come together, stop blaming the results of the problems and start asking questions and demanding answers to the roots of the problems, things will only get worse.

I can promise you that. I'm no better, I'm Canadian and we suffer from apathy more than most nations in the world honestly, we tend to blame the 9 months of winter but that's just an excuse. We are starting to get there, in Quebec especially, but we are a long way from getting things done.

You gotta start somewhere though.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I thought Illegals don't know English.

Now suddenly they are tax experts....

They may not be experts, but, that is what organizations like ACORN are for. To teach them how to game the system by using loopholes like this.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
[
And the anti-USA biased monster rears it's ugly head yet again.

I really thought better of you TTP.

What? Your adhominems are useless against me Sir. It's not Anti-US to state something factual. Patriotism makes for a VERY ugly understanding of the world my friend. It's nice to be reminded that there are still those who will defend their country at all costs, even in the face of logical, factual arguments.

You tey and compete with someone who is willing to work for half than you because THEY CAN because of your stupid liberal views and coddling of them.

Again with your ad-hominems. So sad. I'm actually a conservative, isn't that funny? I just dont' believe in blaming the results of the problem, I believe in blaming the cause.

But you should tone it down on the insults, it makes you look foolish.

So, if I shoot a black kid and take advantage of a law, then it is not my fault for murder? Please.

Irrelevant.

So, you don't blame a drug cartel member when they murder someone? It was just the USA's fault for the drug war? No one has personal responsibilty anymore?

Where's your personal responsibility? Aren't YOU responsible for the actions of your elected officials? How about you take some ownership for the millions of people who are negatively effected by the policies of the United States on a daily basis?

Not so easy to swallow or fair is it?

Ofcourse it's the individuals fault for the individual transgression, I never stated otherwise, but you can't blame them for being the actual problem, cause they aren't. They are the results of the problem. The CAUSE is what should be investigated and dealt with.

And the CAUSE of the problem, is not illegal immigration, or immigrations, it's the policies of the US government that allow these abuses to take place.

Not very difficult to understand.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

It isn't a loophole.
They are filing fraudulent returns by claiming unqualified dependents (you could do it yourself). I doubt it has anything to do with ACORN. More likely it is the tax preparers who make a deal to score part of the refund (which is also illegal).

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

But until people get fed up and come together, stop blaming the results of the problems and start asking questions and demanding answers to the roots of the problems, things will only get worse.

I'm sorry but the root of this problem is not the child dependant laws. It is the illegals who are doing something illegal. Just like if I were to do the same thing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join