It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHots fired into Republican HQ in Knoxville

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

An unknown suspect fired several shots into the Bearden office of the Bush/Cheney re-election campaign Tuesday morning.

What did the person who did this expect to accomplish except sacre the hell out of the folsd who have to work there. Obviously not....

Volunteers and staffers at the campaign office say they have no clues as to who might have committed the crime. However, they add that the shooting makes them even more enthusiastic and energized about working for their candidates.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Can you post a link to the article? Sounds like a good read.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.wbir.com...

Sorry about that...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I heard about this on the radio today.

I find it funny how Republicans are portrayed as the violent war mongers, yet it is Liberals who are doing the drive by. This is the second one I have heard of.

Maybe the reason the libs want gun bans is because they are not responsable enough to use them?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I heard about this on the radio today.

I find it funny how Republicans are portrayed as the violent war mongers, yet it is Liberals who are doing the drive by. This is the second one I have heard of.

What the f makes the people who did this liberals? Thats an entirely baseless and idiotic accusation! For all anyone knows it was radical right wing militias doing it over the expansion of the federal government over bush, or just a bunch of moronic gang types, what in the world is so twisted in your head that you jump to the conclusion, without any evidence in the slightest or even reason to suspect, 'liberals'?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't know, isn't Tennessee where they've had all those "Elvis" sightings. Wonder if the "KING" was a LIBERAL????

Maybe OBL has infiltrated the heartland

Honestly, it most likely would be one of the following scenarios...

1. A Bush Hater who is a bit mentally deranged.....uh, would there be any other kind?

2. A Bush Hater who, by the fact that they shot into Republican HQ's, would lead any half butt Sherlock Holmes to suspect a Democrat, if not a LIBERAL DEMOCRAT

3. None of the Above, it was an accident, the next door apartment houses a crack dealer, and the shot was to enter the front door there, poor aim...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Can you post a link to the article? Sounds like a good read.

ATSNN.com News Story here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

By... Errr... Me.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It may have very well been 3 kids in Daddys Escalade shooting at anything they thought would make the paper. Rense will probaly post is as a "dry-run in KNoxville for terrorists"...or it could be a disgruntled employee of a shop next door who missed driving by...or maybe it was a wacko with an agenda.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Honestly, it most likely would be one of the following scenarios...

2. A Bush Hater who, by the fact that they shot into Republican HQ's, would lead any half butt Sherlock Holmes to suspect a Democrat, if not a LIBERAL DEMOCRAT

Or a far right republican, or a radical conservative, or a centrist republican, or a libertarian. Was the guy who shot kennedy a republican? No. Was the guy who shot reagan a democrat? No. Was the guy who assasinated Rabin an arab? No, he was a far right israeli. There are hundreds of possibilities. An actual -liberal- democrat, being rather rare, would probably be one of the last types to take a gun and shoot up a building. -Perhaps- an unhinged, angry, powerless regular old democrat, or someone farther left than an actual liberal, but specifcally a liberal? No. Doesn't fly.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What the f makes the people who did this liberals?

What makes you say the Liberals didn't do it? Aren' t the guilty ones the first to get bent out of shape on accusastions?

The Liberals did it and there's no way you can say they didn't, unless they did it! Get it?

[edit on 6/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow, everyone is making a huge deal out of something in my town! Small world.

No one was hurt, and that's the good thing. I live a mile away from the office and I ate across the street today, and all was calm. I didn't even know about it until I got on ATS. No one's freaking out around here or blaming liberals/terrorists/Osama
, so why should everyone else until they find out who really did it? Who knows, the Kerry headquarters (which is about a mile away from me in the other direction) could get shot too, I mean this election stuff is getting nuts. the street I live on is lined with nothing but but Kerry signs and a few nights ago someone in an car came through and plowed through my lawn, and about four other people's trying to knock down the signs. In fact, they're doing it all around the neighborhood.

I think it's awesome to support your candidate, but there's no reason to destroy or damage property over it.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Verdis Quo]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I mean this election stuff is getting nuts. the street I live on is lined with nothing but but Kerry signs and a few nights ago someone in an car came through and plowed through my lawn, and about four other people's trying to knock down the signs. In fact, they're doing it all around the neighborhood.

Oh my goodness, they've gone over the brink laddie!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

I mean this election stuff is getting nuts. the street I live on is lined with nothing but but Kerry signs and a few nights ago someone in an car came through and plowed through my lawn, and about four other people's trying to knock down the signs. In fact, they're doing it all around the neighborhood.

Oh my goodness, they've gone over the brink laddie!!!

I know I know, that's small fries... But hey, shooting into a candidate's local headquarters is pretty stupid and over the line, do you think?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well seeing how the republican sponsored war has killed hundreds of thousands in Iraq needlessly... and put Iraq over the basic needs of our citizens, whats the big deal of a few shots being fired into the HQ.

I believe we will be seeing more of these acts, especially if Bush is re-elected for another 4 years of death and destruction.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I was trying to put it all into perspective. Many People have had enough. When they lose their job, or their wife, or their son/daughter dies in Iraq, they look for someone to blame. Some will look to God, some to a bottle, and then after the pain is washing and flowing, maybe then they want to blame the source of what they beleive is thier problem. THey are sitting at home watching these ads that basically tell them that Bush is responsible for ALL of their problems. that is the druken tard that will mow down lawn signs, or shoot up a building when 'no one' is there. jsut my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
What makes you say the Liberals didn't do it?

I didn't even say that they didn't do it, so lets not start making things up ok? Again, what makes you say it was Liberals?

Aren' t the guilty ones the first to get bent out of shape on accusastions?

Dang, judging by my reaction then it must be republicans who did this!

The Liberals did it and there's no way you can say they didn't, unless they did it! Get it?

No, i don't get it. I must have failed 'Meaningless Gibberish' in school. What are you trying to say?

redoctober
whats the big deal of a few shots being fired into the HQ.

So you wouldn't complain if someone shot some bullets into your house/apartment then?

[edit on 6-10-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well my house/apartment is not a political national office. I could understand a reasoning for someone firing a few shots into a political (propaganda) office.

Besides, rememmber how many people have died and all the lies told to us about Iraq and how US has destroyed it's world diplomacy and ultimately has sealed it's fate. And how many people are stuffing money into there pockets from the men who spilled there blood.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
(...)

3. None of the Above, it was an accident, the next door apartment houses a crack dealer, and the shot was to enter the front door there, poor aim...

N1!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Nah, it couldn't have been a liberal. They don't know how to shoot a gun. And there were no hospital reports of anybody accidentally blowing their toes off that night, which would have pointed to a liberal.

top topics

join