It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher has class of 24 take turns slapping bully

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
A six year old child learns from the environment they're raised in. This is wrong on so many levels..yes, the child needs to be shown his behavior is wrong but you simply don't fix violence issues in a small child with more violence. He behaves the way he does because of what he learns at home.

It works both ways, those kids have been shown that it good to stand up for them selves and not just bend over and take the bullying.

If the current generation of American adults had been taught not to bend over for power hungry bullies and stand up for themselves... well enough said...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by xEphon

Am I the only one who is actually smiling on the inside after reading this story?

All I wanna know is where is the line to smack the mom?

Oh, and pay attention to 30 seconds into the video where the reporter says: "Aiden doesn't look like much of a bully" as the camera pans to him pushing a kid off the monkey bars...

Yup, where's that line.

gma.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-6-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

I hope you are the only one smiling about a teacher...teaching children to be abusive.

The teacher was wrong, wrong, wrong! I side with the Mother on this one. I hope that teacher is not allowed to teach anywhere again.

Of course the teacher was wrong!
I'm not idiotic enough to say what the teacher did was right or even legal, but, in a perfect world, or you know, 30 years earlier, the parent would be telling the teacher she is so sorry about her misbehaved son and he would get another 24 slaps from his dad for being a bully.

And you know what?
The next day he'd be the best kid in class.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What the kids did is good, but the teacher should not have encouraged it. Because now it seems like the teacher picked on him with the rest of the class.

Sadly i did not have a bully problem when i was a kid due to having a faster growth rate than other children of my age, but i seen it happen, words are not going to help against most of the bullies, it just encourages them.

Only way i know is to tell a teacher/parents or fight it out, even if you loose, the bully will hesitate to pick on you over others, unless he has a agenda with you.

They seek attention its like " he everyone, watch me beat up this guy", bullies aren't bullies when no one is around to watch, they are just sad, abused being.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What kind of bully cant take a few slaps from his 6 year old classmates .. half of which were girls .. and went and told

And the tattle-tale bully was born - what a whimp

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Know what the worse thing about this is?

That we live in such a society that we actually have 6 year old bullies.
That is the sad truth of the matter. But, hey, just create a task force and throw 3 million dollars at the problem. That'll fix it!!! Bleeding hearts make me

edit on 19-6-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Punk ass 6 year old got what was coming to him......now he'll get compensated from the inevitable lawsuit. Too bad the teacher didn't go get a couple older students to lay the smackdown.

Seriously, people need to quit crying like their jaw was just broken. It was a bully, being smacked by 6 year olds. They didn't freaking lynch the kid.
edit on 19-6-2012 by sanctum because: mod edit

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
A six year old child learns from the environment they're raised in. This is wrong on so many levels..yes, the child needs to be shown his behavior is wrong but you simply don't fix violence issues in a small child with more violence. He behaves the way he does because of what he learns at home.

Or more likely "because of what he DOESN'T learn at home"

2nd

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As someone who grew up being bullied, I have an understanding of the way it works. Now I am not condoning the teachers actions but I would like to point out that small amounts of pain do educate children. When a child reaches for a hot pot and is burned, no one suggest cooking without fire. It is looked as an unfortunate education for the child. In adult life if we commit violence on another we are tried and convicted(embarrassed) and put in a correction facility, where we get a whole new education on the consequences of being violent to another. So in the case of this child, I do believe he should have been publicly shamed and physically disciplined. Its good education for what happens in the real world, though probably to far.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
Punk ass 6 year old got what was coming to him......now he'll get compensated from the inevitable lawsuit. Too bad the teacher didn't go get a couple older students to lay the smackdown.

Seriously, people need to quit crying like their hymen was just broken. It was a bully, being smacked by 6 year olds. They didn't freaking lynch the kid.

I totally disagree with you. The teacher...teaching the other children to be abusive....is also teaching them to be bullies. It is wrong...wrong...wrong!

There is an old saying..."two wrongs...don't make a right"...and it certainly applies to this situation.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Its absolutely abusive and illegal. No form of corporal punishment is acceptable for children or adults. But this a school, and this teacher is not judge and jury, and this appalling.

Really? The schools have been entrusted to raise our children for decades, why are parents complaining? They think it's just fine to cast off their responsibility to the government to train their children what is good or bad, how they ought to think, what they should value or not etc.... I hardly see why any parent can legitimately complain. *shrugs

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Oh, and pay attention to 30 seconds into the video where the reporter says: "Aiden doesn't look like much of a bully" as the camera pans to him pushing a kid off the monkey bars...

You mean where the kid pushes the kid so "hard" that he actually knocks himself back and the kid on the monkey bars hangs on for a good second longer before his grip gives way after not budging an inch from the push.

You're kidding right? The video shows kids dicking around the way kids do.

Considering the Teacher told the kid not to tell his parents, it's obvious she knew what she was doing would get her in serious trouble, she sounds like a bully herself.
edit on 6/19/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I DON´T agree with the teacher, but i DO agree with the kids.
Words don´t do much good when there´s a fist driving your teeth down your throat.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by MisterFister103

Seriously, people need to quit crying like their hymen was just broken. It was a bully, being smacked by 6 year olds. They didn't freaking lynch the kid.

I totally disagree with you. The teacher...teaching the other children to be abusive....is also teaching them to be bullies. It is wrong...wrong...wrong!

There is an old saying..."two wrongs...don't make a right"...and it certainly applies to this situation.

I don't see it as the teacher teaching kids to be abusive as much as I see it as the teacher trying to teach the bully a lesson.

Of course it wasn't the smartest way to go about it, but for all we know the teacher said:

"Ok Aiden, I want you to feel how you're making the other kids feel when you punch, kick, and push them off monkey bars.
Now everyone come up and gently give Aiden a slap."

It sounds to me like this poor kids ego was hurt more than anything, which it should have been. He was a bully!
My dad would say it was a good life lesson, and that's what I tell my son during life lesson moments.
Then we go out for some ice cream

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

You mean where the kid pushes the kid so "hard" that he actually knocks himself back and the kid on the monkey bars hangs on for a good second longer before his grip gives way after not budging an inch from the push.

You're kidding right? The video shows kids dicking around the way kids do.

Considering the Teacher told the kid not to tell his parents, it's obvious she knew what she was doing would get her in serious trouble, she sounds like a bully herself.
edit on 6/19/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

Wait, you're the kids father aren't you?

I guess the point that he tried to push the kid off the monkey bars is lost on you.
It's okay though, he got the kid before him, who was smaller, real good so you can rest easy knowing this particular kid didn't get it so bad.

Well done son. Well done.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Ok - so what do you do then?

Let me give you a real life example from my own childhood. In elementary school I was bullied horribly by this one kid because I was overweight and sick a lot.

I ask him to stop. He didn't.

I told him what he was doing really made me unhappy and hurt me. He laughed and did it more. He didn't care. Making me feel bad or causing me pain made him feel good.

I told teachers and my parents. He got in trouble. He got "talked to", he got some detention. He didn't care. It actually made it worse. He was worse than ever because now he had something else against me. I had told on him. So every time I told it just got worse and worse.

So then the focus turned to me. Did I do anything to cause it? Yeah, I was fat and sickly. Try not being around him.. Impossible, he's in all my classes, recess, lunch period etc.

Ok - so switch classes. He hunts me in the halls between classes and before / after school.

Finally one day he tripped me. He was standing over me, bending down to hit me. I drew my knees up to my chest and kicked out with both feet as hard as I could. He went flying backward, his nose and lip busted open, face bloody and crying.

He never bothered me again. He would only stop when the fear of consequences (due to me fighting back ) became greater than the joy he got from inflicting pain.

Sure - I'd rather he stopped because he saw what he did was wrong. But he never did. Ever. He eventually ended up in jail years later.

So, what should have been the solution?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I applaud the teacher, when I was in elementary school my pops told me if I felt threatened, to "act first, ask questions later". I did on several occasions, explained my actions to my parents, had the day off school. But for sure was never bullied by the same people.

This kid got a taste of his own medicine, should feel bloody lucky his peers were instructed to do it in a controled enviroment, we took little bastards out back and whooped the crap out of bullies as a group. And fact as a group we put a stop to bullying, that happened on our class.

Some kids need to learn in a hands on approach this kid im sure learned if not I hope the class has at him at the monkey bars one day where the watchful eye isn't always present then maybe his mom will get the picture when he gets an ass kicking instead of a slap....

SaneThinking

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
LOL @ morons trying to justify a teacher and 24 kids bullying an ``alleged`` bully.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
LOL @ morons trying to justify a teacher and 24 kids bullying an ``alleged`` bully.

LOL @ morons using "alleged" over a factual case.
It's okay, you can shed a tear for this poor bully getting slapped by 6 year olds.

What a world, What a world.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ok the deed is done. Know lets learn for the experiment like we did after we employed the Nazi scientists. Did the Bully , bully anyone after the incident ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
reply to post by caladonea

Ok - so what do you do then?

Let me give you a real life example from my own childhood. In elementary school I was bullied horribly by this one kid because I was overweight and sick a lot.

I ask him to stop. He didn't.

I told him what he was doing really made me unhappy and hurt me. He laughed and did it more. He didn't care. Making me feel bad or causing me pain made him feel good.

I told teachers and my parents. He got in trouble. He got "talked to", he got some detention. He didn't care. It actually made it worse. He was worse than ever because now he had something else against me. I had told on him. So every time I told it just got worse and worse.

So then the focus turned to me. Did I do anything to cause it? Yeah, I was fat and sickly. Try not being around him.. Impossible, he's in all my classes, recess, lunch period etc.

Ok - so switch classes. He hunts me in the halls between classes and before / after school.

Finally one day he tripped me. He was standing over me, bending down to hit me. I drew my knees up to my chest and kicked out with both feet as hard as I could. He went flying backward, his nose and lip busted open, face bloody and crying.

He never bothered me again. He would only stop when the fear of consequences (due to me fighting back ) became greater than the joy he got from inflicting pain.

Sure - I'd rather he stopped because he saw what he did was wrong. But he never did. Ever. He eventually ended up in jail years later.

So, what should have been the solution?

THe normal methods are calling the parents and sitting down and negotiating, suspending student for a short while. Evalutating him. Working with him to see beyond those methods. A good teacher and team at school cares about all the children and takes into account the whole family. ie. just because your kid acts out, does not mean home is bad, and tar the family. Sometimes its the child's own wiring and immaturity or the world around them influencing, sometimes its an abusive or harsh family member that has already moved out. People count and Good Teams look at everything as a learning opportunity.

But your whole post is very frightening. What do you do? Shouldnt we be able to take short cuts and force or punish or re create the constitution perhaps, the rules that uphold the freedoms and good of all, and that enforce the real way needs to be found, not dictatorial Nazi type short cuts.

There are other frightening threads on here now springing out of the NWO agenda as well. Liscensing parents to have children. All fascist shortcuts to Free Will and the school and learning/growing consciousness the right way.

Think Deeply on what you stand for and promote. For words have affect as well.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join