It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking Tea 'Increases Cancer Risk'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
In other news, 100% of people who breathe air will die.

What's usually added to tea? Sweetener. And I'll bet it's the artificial sweeteners that people have been brainwashed into using now that is the culprit, not the tea.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I was going to bring that up. Sugar is also suspect as cancer cells grow faster in a sugar rich environment. However, if the study didn't isolate their diet beyond tea then it is worthless. There have also been studies linking meat heavy diets with prostate cancer.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

Drink a glass of ionized alkaline water afterwords and eat some watermelon.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We reached the first billion mark by about 1850. By 1950, it was about 2.5 billion. In less than one short lifetime, this figure doubled. It passed six billion in the late 1990s. Note that: humans took 150,000 years to get to the first billion. The most recent billion arrived in just 12 years.

t takes 900 tonnes of water to grow a tonne of wheat, and there is only so much water, so much land and so much sunshine. Human action has its own "ecological footprint"; there has to be so much land to provide food, clothing, shelter, medicines, building material, fresh air and clean water for any one human. It takes, according to some calculations, 2.1 hectares of land and water to provide for one average human. The important word is: average. The American footprint is about 10 hectares. So if all humans lived at US standards, we'd need another four Earths.

this may well be a possibility who knows its worth a thought.And a need for population control.

So the government tells us that tea is bad tell us another one gov just tell us the truth about
population control and be done with it...

edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by ravon300

Originally posted by Submarines
That is why Americans switched to coffee!

Drink coffee, and lots of it!

so am guessin the U.S know this and they said no more tea just coffee. a long time ago

lol

i think their plan might be to make everyone drink more coffee, so that they DO get cancer.

i think way too much coffee is bad for the body,
psshh,
too much of anything is bad for the body.

green tea has lots of antioxidants in it as well, and they want people to drink LESS so they get less healthy.

or something crazy along the lines ( its possible? )

peace.

yeah man i drink a lot of tea love the stuff. my friends mum has a box of some of the ££££ tea going. i had some cranberry raspberry & elderflower tea. and it was like drinking fresh air i mean it was so niceeee and healthy
edit on 19-6-2012 by ravon300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I love hot tea every morning. Mostly Black tea to bad that isnt as good for you cause I dont like the green stuff.

Anyways isnt most tea from Japan and now probably radioactive?

Tried to search where Lipton gets their tea after Fukishima but didnt find anything. Still drinking it though.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS FROM SCIENTISTS!

Scientists now believe that being alive increases the risk of cancer by 10,000.05%. Several research scientists at the University of Garfloobablitz in Raznov have discovered that anyone who is alive for more than 1 hour a day has a significantly increased risk of developing many types of deadly cancers. Regarding this recent study, the FDA has recommended that everyone over the age of 1 minute kill themselves immediately to reduce their risk of developing deadly cancers. Side effects may include death, death, and death by suicide. At least its not cancer!
edit on 19-6-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Rather interesting read.

I'm from the SE USA here and a LOT of people here drink Sweet Ice Tea. It's made from black tea leaves of course.

My father ended up with prostrate cancer himself about 5 years ago, and unfortunately was not getting himself checked out, so it had advanced enough to where they had to remove his prostrate and it had started to spread. He survived that but, ironically died of stomach cancer about 3 months ago.

Back when he was diagnosed with his prostrate cancer, he started doing a lot of research into our family history. His father died of stomach cancer too, back in 1977. It was the Linitis Plastica version of it. That's what took him out too eventually. During the course of his research, he found that his grandfather had died of prostrate cancer apparently. According to family journals seems several of the males on our side of the family seem to exhibit symptoms of prostrate cancer and all seem to pass away ranging from ages 67 to 75.
My father was 67 when he was diagnosed with his prostrate cancer.

I do know that it can be passed down from males to male, and I make sure that I have a PSA check every 6 months with my doctor (he agreed after I told him about my father that I need to stay on top of it).

Neither my father nor grandfather were big tea drinkers. Even southern sweet ice tea. They tended to be coffee and beer drinkers.

I drink ice tea myself, but without any sugar or sweeteners. I used to drink sweet tea but after becoming a Type 2 diabetic I had to drop the sugar, and artificial sweetners make the tea taste nasty in my opinion. But I do drink it unsweetened now, as I actually like the Tea taste over the sweet taste.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Sorry to hear that eric, about type 2 diabetes..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by eriktheawful

Sorry to hear that eric, about type 2 diabetes..

Thanks. Had it for 4 years, but managing it just fine. My doc gives me A+'s every time I see him.

So it's all good.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

I would say whats closer to the truth is what tea you drink....natural or chemically induced commercial tea

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I regularly drink the standard British Tea offering (black tea?) WITH sugar AND milk - and lots of it.

I also drink brown beer and larger and whiskey and wine and Vodka and Gin...

And meat.... though I don't smoke and never have.

I have absolutely no intention whatsoever to change my lifestyle so I guess I'll live a couple of years less than I might. I'm OK with that.

CX

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Hmmmm....my thoughts on this....let me think about it over a cuppa.

Milk, 2 big sugars.

Are you telling me they studied everything else these subjects drank, ate or were exposed to during that 37 years? I think not. I'd bet money on it not just being tea that increased thier risk of cancer.

CX.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Quality of the tea likely plays a big part.

Is the tea organic? Or has it been heavily sprayed with pesticides? I think I remember reading something about cheap tea being loaded with fluoride (lots of non-organic greens are, 34 pesticides on average for herbs, lettuces. leaves, etc.).

Also, are you still drinking green tea from Japan?

Other than that, if you get the real deal, some nice high quality white tea from the mountains of China or something, there's lots of antioxidants to boot. The anthocyanins in Earl Grey tea are amazing.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Complete and utter BS.

If tea causes so much damned cancer than why does the largest tea drinking population in the world ie ASIA have the lowest incidents of cancer!?!

Also, in the article it said that it may be just coincidence that these individuals got cancer while also being a person who enjoys tea. They admit that they have no link or even a story!

tea causes cancer. What crap.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravon300

Originally posted by Submarines
That is why Americans switched to coffee!

Drink coffee, and lots of it!

so am guessin the U.S know this and they said no more tea just coffee. a long time ago

lol

Down in the southeast US we drink sweet iced tea and alot of it. I have never heard about anyone getting cancer from tea... maybe diabetes but never cancer. I hope all the government propaganders out there rot in hell for lying.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join