It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Save The World In One Generation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The world today is on the cusp of great changes. The question is will we be responsible enough to use the new technology that is out there for the benefit of humanity or will we use that same technology to wipe ourselves from the face of the earth.

That is the big question facing our survival and futures on this planet.

Technology and Information has today reached a point of almost self sustainability. What i mean by this is that we now have most of the machines that we need to produce the things for our survival. Yes mankind still has a role to play but more and more jobs are being outsourced by technology.

We should in fact be happy that we no longer need to work and we can pursue other areas of interest that benefit us and our society.

We are coming to a turning point on many fronts now.

Scientifically in terms of discoveries in our world and worlds beyond.
Spiritually and consciously we are beginning to grow and understand our world and our places in it.
Metaphysically we are evolving to see that we shape our own realities and destinies.

Our children really are our future and herein lies the fundamental truth of how we can save the world in one generation.

Love. Imagine a world where our children are taught love above all things. That the politicians of the world, the bankers, the scientists and the laymen all have been taught the importance of love above anything else. This in itself will negate the need for selfishness, greed, competitiveness and so on..

The truth is that we must now awaken to this one truth.. the truth that we reap what we sow.

The problem here is simple.. when we raise our children we try to make them tough for what is out there in the wide world. We try to do our best in terms of what we know through our own experiences. Every single action or word that we imprint on our children has an effect so we must be careful how we choose to discipline them.

If you raise them with a rod of iron or a an aggressive attitude they will come into the world with the residues of our influence. This is why it is of the utmost importance that we educate them every step of the way, explaining the reasons behind everything we do and say.

If you smack a child and you say to them that is because you have been bad. They will think twice before doing the same again. But if you take that child and sit with them and explain what they did was not good, why it was not good and how to do it in a better way that child will then not only understand void of fear but also be equipped with the tools to succeed the next time around.

In this manner we must show love, empathy and compassion as the qualities we wish our children to lead their lives with.

This means a radical change to the education system first and foremost. This is what we need to focus on tackling. The rest will take care of itself.

I remember the movie Twins with Arnold and Danny.. where they are separated at birth and one is brought up in the harsh city whilst the other is raised in a beautiful and innocent environment and taught the fundamentals of love.

We need to raise our children in the right way and from this the world will heal itself.

We are at a precipice of great change and it is now down to each of us to awaken and accept that responsibility.
We must venture into a dark world and spread our light.

We are all interconnect and are all brothers and sisters so we can adopt humanity as our extended family and in the same way we raise our direct seeds we can also impart our wisdom and knowledge to those around us.

Keep the faith and keep the hope, i believe great and positive change is as close to us all as is the idea of the end of the world.

We the people are in a race alongside the machine/system and we must emerge victorious and the only way to win is through love.

Peace and blessings

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dJbdJb
files.abovetopsecret.com...

So could a ole fashion greek orgy with penicillian party favors and morning after take out goodie bags....I mean if it feels good do it right?

I do like the idea though....I mean from the OP...the orgy is a good idea too though....but less likely to happen.

Oh if the dress code for the world was nudity.........we'd be less attached to the fake world for sure.

edit on 19-6-2012 by burdman30ott6 because: removed quote

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If we were to depend on the government to teach children about love, don't be surprised when the children come out of school loving the government above all other things.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The problem is indeed the fault of the parents.
You couldn't believe what I hear from woman that want babies.
Some woman wants babies for the most idiotic and selfish reasons ever.
While men, basically just want to fawk. Both combined, its usually a recipe for disaster.
How can you build something when everyone only care for themselves?
How you can educate your child if you put in a daycare center at 6 month old so you can continue your "career" ?
There is ALOT hypocrisy in our society these days.
I think we should work on the hypocrite first then we assess the parenthood issues after.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dJbdJb
Quote Removed by Staff

MOD NOTE: *Please keep the drug talk out of ATS conversations. Thanks*

Try and encourage us to let go of fear for a few moments, yes. Do everything for us, and give us the whole thing on a silver tray however? No. I'm not going to claim a lot of experience with spirits, but what little I am willing to claim that I've had, tells me that they are in no way interested in doing for us what, one way or another, we need to be doing ourselves.

Man needs to let go of fear, and pretension, and realise the whole damn thing is just one giant game. I don't say this as someone who's willing to do that myself, either. Sure, I know, theoretically or logically, you might say; but I'm fighting it every millimeter, just like everyone else.

I don't want to get together with the rest of you and help turn the environment around. I don't like you; any of you, near enough. You're a pathological, corrupt, rotten species who in a lot of cases would be perfectly willing to stab your own mother in the back; and I'm just as afraid of you as anyone else.

Humanity doesn't deserve anything other than extinction; a slow, grinding, excruciatingly painful extinction, with plenty of time to reflect on what we should have done instead, and how we've got nobody else but ourselves to blame.

So I'm not going to help you. I'm not going to stand in the way of that at all. We deserve it. The entire wretched species does. It's time for the universe to put us out of our misery.
edit on 19-6-2012 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Good technology is an outgrowth of maturity and wisdom. Bad technology isn't.

Most people don't want to acknowledge that, though; because that requires accepting responsibility. It's easier to just agree with Ted Kaczynski and be one of the cool kids, and think that electronic/mechanical technology is inherently evil, rather than acknowledging the fact that technology is nothing more than extension of our own will.

If a machine does bad, destructive things, it is not the machine's fault. Humans designed and built it. A computer doesn't do anything other than what you tell it to; no machine does. So if we design machines to destroy the environment and kill, the blood that those machines shed is on our own hands.

We are responsible for what technology does. We are responsible for how it is designed and how it works. I don't own a mobile phone or any of Apple's iCrap, because I understand that, and I'm not one of the brainless majority who thinks that technological "advancement" (which the iGarbage isn't at all anywayz, incidentally) is completely inevitable, and we have no say in it at all, other than to mindlessly consume.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There is no such thing as good or bad technology. Technology is completely neutral.

There are good, uses for it, but all technology can be misused.

Take, for instance, the car. We need transport across town to our jobs or to transport cargo over long distances.That's the good.

Now here's the ugly: a man (or woman for that matter) gets drunk.

Now here's the bad: the drunk gets in a car and runs someone down, killing them.

That's a misuse of the technology. Does the capability of killing someone with a car make the car an evil technology when it does so much more good?

I don't think so.

There really is no such thing as evil or good technology, just technology that can be misused by stupid authoritarian control freaks.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Wow petrus. Don't give up on the human spirit.

new topics

top topics

join