It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Jose Antonio Vargas?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by Night Star
There is a lot that illegals get away with and it is a shame.

You keep saying stuff like that.
So far here we have one.
Is one "a lot?"

Are you living in a cave? Do you honestly think there is only one illegal getting away with things? Wow!

Of course not but you keep making these sweeping blanket statements that constantly fail to materialize. You want people to worry about this huge problem that is happening so often that when a guy gets caught doing it, we hear all about it.
What?

Look, if you can show me how it is the huge scary problem you say it is, cool. Otherwise I can only think of you and your "all illegal immigrants do something because I know a few and they told me they all do it."

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Stormdancer777

must be the same outfit that has been covering up the Obama character.

??

So this is actually a birther thread is it?
Well, on topic I guess...what are they covering up about Obama that applies to this story?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

must be the same outfit that has been covering up the Obama character.

??

So this is actually a birther thread is it?
Well, on topic I guess...what are they covering up about Obama that applies to this story?

I don't know.

That's why I asked ??

You must suspect something or you would not be responding so strongly !!

Maybe he is a hidden relative.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Tides is not connected to George Soros. It is an organization that is a go between donors/grantors and recipients. Anyone can go to Tides and say "I want to give money to companies that are developing alternative energy technologies." Tides goes through it's database and pulls up any matching companies, lets the client go through the list and choose who and how much gets their money, OR, the person tells Tides that they can choose. That was just an example, it could be any non-profit.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

If you haven't seen the latest Time magazine, Jose Vargas & 35 other undocumented workers are featured on the cover and profiled in the magazine.

Time Magazine

--

(CBS News) The cover of the latest issue of Time magazine features journalist Jose Antonio Vargas and 35 other undocumented workers who reveal their names and stories in the magazine.

Vargas outed himself last year as one of the nearly 12 million undocumented workers in the United States. A Pulitzer Prize winner, he wrote the Time cover story, saying there hasn't been an honest discussion in the U.S. about the issue.

This article & cover was announced a day or two before the new immigration policy was announced.

OiO

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

You keep saying stuff like that.
So far here we have one.
Is one "a lot?"

Two. One is in the white house.

This story just goes to show how easy it is to buy your way into top U.S. positions with fake documents and recycled social security numbers.

BINGO!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Yea it was and it was leaked to Time by the Obama administration,

Giving Americans the good ole one fingered salute.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
It's fairly common for Filipino's to be Illegal aliens. It's usually because they'll over stay their visa. They're called Tang ng Tang aka "TNT"..."hide and hide". My ex has some relatives who are TNT's. Obviously Vargas didn't do much hiding. If you have a little cash you can get whatever fake docs you need. The Filipino "mafia" can pretty much get anything you want or need.

OH really?

sounds familiar.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Will somebody please tell me how this happens?

WOW. Interesting story Stormdancer. I hadn't heard of this fellow before you posted.
So I went reading .... google ... etc .....

Big accomplishments. Definately.
Couldn't have done them unless he was here. Definately.
Does that mean that he should be given a 'pass' on being illegal? Definately not.
Does that mean we should open wide the doors to illegals? Definately not.
How this happened? My guess .. his parents did it when he was young.

The spooky thing .. as a previous poster mentioned, this guy has gone on and on with fake documentation. He got past the Secret Service and into the White House etc etc. He worked on sensitive things and was in sensitive areas. That means that either the system for checking is broken .. and/or his documents were really great forgeries ... and/or people in very high places 'fixed' the citizenship problem so that it couldn't be found out. It could be any of those ...

Kinda makes you wonder who else has a fake US citizenship made for him at high levels.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So it is a birther thread...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Kinda makes you wonder who else has a fake US citizenship made for him at high levels.

Don't it though?

All the questions
How could the CIA or secret service not know? and yada yada.

Well heck, apparently you can hand them your fake card at the White house, and no one cares.

What was that question the Heckler asked during Obama's press conference?

And why was Obama really so furious?

"Why'd you favor foreigners over Americans?" Munro shouted.

edit on 073030p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

White house/Government security really isn't that great

Forget reality TV. The northern Virginia socialite couple now being investigated by the Secret Service for crashing President Obama's first state dinner on Tuesday night has a past straight out of the best -- or worst -- of '80s soap operas.

www.foxnews.com...

EXCLUSIVE: Al Qaeda Leader Dined at the Pentagon Just Months After 9/11

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

What was that question the Heckler asked during Obama's press conference?

You answered your own question in the same post. The heckler was foreign himself so the question made no sense coming from him.

And why was Obama really so furious?

Because he is the President of the USA, has a huge ego, and was disrespected in front of the whole nation. Like this is really a mystery?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Someone help me here, the guy visited the white house and gave the secret service his SS number, why aint he in jail?

I visited the White House, where I interviewed senior aides and covered a state dinner — and gave the Secret Service the Social Security number I obtained with false documents.

LIE!

You did no such thing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalMonocular

Someone help me here, the guy visited the white house and gave the secret service his SS number, why aint he in jail?

I visited the White House, where I interviewed senior aides and covered a state dinner — and gave the Secret Service the Social Security number I obtained with false documents.

LIE!

You did no such thing.

Stormdancer777 was quoting something that Vargas said in an article

Somebody's gett'n real nervous !!!!

edit on Jun-19-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by xuenchen

Tides is not connected to George Soros. It is an organization that is a go between donors/grantors and recipients. Anyone can go to Tides and say "I want to give money to companies that are developing alternative energy technologies." Tides goes through it's database and pulls up any matching companies, lets the client go through the list and choose who and how much gets their money, OR, the person tells Tides that they can choose. That was just an example, it could be any non-profit.

Yes Yes of course !!

But Soros' outfit "the Open Society Institute" donates to Tides as part of the standard ultra left funding.

Here's a list with all kinds of Marxist / Corporatist connections.

Discover the Networks

Tides also runs a tax-exempt “alternative media source” called the Institute for Global Communications (IGC), a leading provider of Web technology to the radical left.

Between 1993 and 2003, at least 91 foundations made grants to the Tides Foundation. These included the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; the Annie E. Casey Foundation; the Arca Foundation; the AT&T Foundation; the Barbra Streisand Foundation; the Bauman Family Foundation; Ben and Jerry's Foundation; the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; the Blue Moon Fund; the Bullitt Foundation; the CarEth Foundation; the Carnegie Corporation of New York; Changemakers; the ChevronTexaco Foundation; the Columbia Foundation; the David and Lucile Packard Foundation; the Energy Foundation; the Fannie Mae Foundation; the Ford Foundation; the Foundation for Deep Ecology; the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation; the Heinz Family Foundation; the Hoffman Foundation; the Homeland Foundation; the Howard Heinz Endowment; the J.M. Kaplan Fund; the James Irvine Foundation; the JEHT Foundation; the Jenifer Altman Foundation; the Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation; the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation; the Joyce Foundation; the Lear Family Foundation; the Liberty Hill Foundation; the Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation; the Ms. Foundation for Women; the Nathan Cummings Foundation; the New World Foundation; the Open Society Institute; the Pew Charitable Trusts; the Ploughshares Fund; the Proteus Fund; the Public Welfare Foundation; the Richard and Rhoda Goldman Fund; the Righteous Persons Foundation; the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation; the Roberts Foundation; the Rockefeller Family Fund; the Rockefeller Foundation; the Schumann Center for Media and Democracy; the Stern Family Fund; the Stewart R. Mott Charitable Trust; the Summit Charitable Foundation; the Surdna Foundation; the Threshold Foundation; the Turner Foundation; the Vanguard Public Foundation; the Verizon Foundation; the Vira I. Heinz Endowment; the W.K. Kellogg Foundation; the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation; and the Woods Fund of Chicago.

One particularly notable donor to the Tides entities is Teresa Heinz Kerry, wife of Senator John Kerry. From 1994 to 2004, the Heinz Endowments, which Mrs. Kerry heads, gave the Tides Foundation and Center approximately $8.1 million in grants. Until February 2001, Mrs. Kerry also served as a trustee of the Carnegie Corporation of New York, which has given Tides numerous six-figure grants.

The Tides Foundation and Tides Center also receive grants from the U.S. federal government. Between 1997 and 2001, these grants included the following: $395,219 from the Department of Interior; $3,350,431 from the Environmental Protection Agency; $3,487,040 from the Department of Housing and Urban Development; $208,878 from the Department of Agriculture; $39,550 from the Department of Energy; $93,500 from the Small Business Administration; $10,986 from the Department of Health and Human Services; and $84,520 from the Centers for Disease Control U.S. Agency for International Development.

the link has links to all the commie outfits involved.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I don't know.

That's why I asked ??

You must suspect something or you would not be responding so strongly !!

Maybe he is a hidden relative.

WHAT????????

You do not know what they are covering up?????
OK. Well then I want to know what it is you are covering up and why you are covering it up.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalMonocular

LIE!

You did no such thing.

Stormdancer777 was quoting something that Vargas said in an article

Somebody's gett'n real nervous !!!!

edit on Jun-19-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

LOL, they prolly wouldn't let me in the white-house.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker808
just because someone brings up something you dont wanna hear, doesnt make it the topics subject.
Why do you become so upset at birthers, that makes you try and derail a thread?
(or is that the point)
edit on 19-6-2012 by truthseeker808 because: (no reason given)

Hey, can you read your post?
Right, birtherism is not the topic of this thread, even though someone brought it up, it is still not the topic.

We agree.

But um...how am I the one trying to derail it? Someone went off topic with birther nonsense and I asked about it.

I do not think most birthers actually think. That is some bassackwards logic right there. You start out defending the birther by pointing out they were not on topic (derailing the thread) and then ask me why I am derailing the thread by questioning what they brought up.

That makes my brain feel sad.
edit on 19-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join