It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Says He Could Wage War on Iran Without Congress' Approval

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Why can't I get the Youtube link to work?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Mitt Romney grosses me out

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPatRat

I don't know which youtube vid you were trying to embed but here's some similar at least.

Romney dodged the draft by labeling himself as a priest and fleeing to France...

While being a "priest" he was pro-war

Makes any sense??????

edit on 19-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Left wingers had no problems when Obama did it, but now suddenly you will again? It's going to be just like all the other things you stopped being outraged about when Obama took over. I guess as long as it's a Democrat doing it, right?

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Mitt Romney grosses me out

Wait a second.. Didn't you defend Obama when he did it?
edit on 19-6-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is not about Democrats and Republicans, so please at members stop pointing the finger at the other party and start pointing at our entire government. A nominee who says they will go around the constitution should not be able to run and president, former or current, who commits such action should be indicted. On the other hand, voting public, we need to hold ourselves more responsible for these situations. After all we allow it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
And there you have it boys and girls.
Proof that no matter who is office.
There is an agenda.

The question is who is setting the agenda?
Someone more powerful than the President.
Which raises another question.
Who's more powerful than the PotUS?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

It's kinda silly that you get caught up in labels so much, kind of sad rather, as it is limiting your ability to see the potential for another illegal war to take place. You're more focused on left wing people or Obama to comment on the actual topic. You're in the smokescreen that TPTB want you to be in. Congratulations.

But anyways, no, I never defended Obama on any war. I like the constitution. Nor am I leftist or Democrat.

Just to add... any sort of actual leftist that understands Obama's policies hate him, he is a corporatist who looks out for the rich....kind of goes against their beliefs.

edit on 19-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Its ok if presidents do constitutionally questionable things so long as it leads to bombs and death...
but now if he tried to suggest something positive for citizens..like a universal health care system..well, only nazi's talk like that.

-sometimes I really hate living in parody logic reality-

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Left wingers had no problems when Obama did it,

Ya, we actually did have a big issue with it dude.
get over yourself.
If some republican president decided to give houses to everyone for free...does that mean the right wing is now all about giving away houses to everyone, or that specific president did something against the ideals of the party?

Ya..we had a big problem with the lybia thing...the only saving grace was it was a UN action, and we are obligated to preform our part in. Still, would have been nice for it to be at least voted on in congress to support it (not like we had a choice anyhow..but official condoning or objecting for the record anyhow).

Mittens is talking about making war himself for purposes of ??? without any discussion from the international community. Pre-emptive crap. No UN, no NATO, none of that...America V Iran.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

And so does Obama.

We don't need an election.
We need a Revolution.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Like it would matter if he went to Congress or not. He would not be that hard to get authorization to get a declaration of war. Most Americans would be in support with military action against Iran.
www.pollingreport.com...
What this does is re-enforces to the American people that the President will do what's best. Notice how the first thing brought up with Ron Paul was his foreign policy? Who here thinks foreign policy tops the list of issues facing Americans right now? Government with the help of media sets the standards in the way the country is run.
edit on 19-6-2012 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Anyone who talks about war with another country automatically loses my vote. So considering the two that are running, I will have to abstain. I will never support anyone who glorifies conflicts and puts our young men and women in harms way.

Using our military to protect our borders is one thing, but to use them for strategic posturing, controlling the flow of oil, or to intervene in regional conflicts hundreds or thousands of miles away is just plain war mongering.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

What is the relevance?

You seem to have limited capacity so you are under the impression that if someone is opposed to Romney (and his lack of plans for anything but going to war) they support Obama. In reality most of us know they are both exactly the same. I assume you support Romney because instead of paying attention and accepting this is a bad thing you just stuck your fingers in your ears and started going off about something Obama did.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Or you know.. write in that candidate that is very vocal about being anti-war. You know.. that ONE anti war candidate with hundreds of delegates.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ugh...really?! I can't stand this anymore. It seems to me like we're going to be forced down this road that leads us to Iran, no matter who is President...unless something drastic happens. It's not his children who would be shipped there, so why would he care? All over their potential for making weapons that soooo many countries already have in abundance. FTW...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benoit84

I promise you it has nothing to do with their potential to make these weapons. That is just the reason they can scare people with the most and it's their best chance of convincing people and saying it has to be done. It has nothing to do with their potential to produce nukes. Pakistan has nukes that could fall into terrorist hands any second of the day. North Korea could sell a nuke right now.

Nothing to do with nukes. Iran could buy one if they wanted. It has everything to do with Israel's bidding and destabilizing the middle east.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yes, I'm aware of all that. I just wanted to state their "justification" for wanting to go there. I'm sick of them playing on peoples fears like this. I'm hoping this wakes more people up, and fast!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I know, I planned on it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Thanks I was trying to insert The Young Turks clip. I don't know what I did wrong but thanks to you every one is able to see it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It's comical that he thinks he can generalize a whole group of people's beliefs on Obama. He probably watches too much Fox news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join