It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China, Iran plan to stage in Syria "biggest Mid East maneuver"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Russia, China, Iran plan to stage in Syria "biggest Mid East maneuver"

www.debka.com

Military tensions around Syria shot up again Monday, June 18, with an Iranian report that a joint Russian-Chinese-Iranian exercise is to take place in Syria, called “the biggest of its kind ever staged in the Middle East,” with 90,000 personnel, 400 air planes and 900 tanks taking part. debkafile: This would be the first time Russia and China have deployed substantial military strength in the Middle East. It points to their determination to deter a US-lead military operation against the Assad regime.

Read more
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well if this is true then here ya go. It is Debka but i dont know how they could report something this huge to be false. This is a massive exercise if all that is going to be displayed and it shows for the first time ever the joint fighting capabilities of those countries. I guess Assad must be feeling pretty desperate right now if he is about to let 3 powers come occupy his country (even if they are friendly nations). Egypt with their new gov will definitely let these guys use the Suez canal as stated as well. Line in the sand being drawn or more hype?

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Just read a report that Russia is sending marines to Syria to protect Russian citizens and their bases...Aye aye aye, this isnt good at all....

Two Russian navy ships are completing preparations to sail to Syria with a unit of marines on a mission to protect Russian citizens and the nation's base there, a news report said Monday. The deployment appears to reflect Moscow's growing concern about Syrian President Bashar Assad's future.

The Interfax news agency quoted an unidentified Russian navy official as saying that the two amphibious landing vessels, Nikolai Filchenkov and Caesar Kunikov, will be heading shortly to the Syrian port of Tartus, but didn't give a precise date.

Each ship is capable of carrying up to 300 marines and a dozen tanks, according to Russian media reports. That would make it the largest known Russian troop deployment to Syria, signaling that Moscow is becoming increasingly uneasy about Syria's slide toward civil war.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 18-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Syria will probably remain Russia's issue/loss. They are the ones so desperately holding on to gears that have already been shifted.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

All I can say is wow... This is insane if its true!! Article says 12 chinese ships to port in Tartus.. And that it will be at sea, in air and in land in Syria... Scary scary stuff

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

We also need to question the credibility of this story. How legit is Debka.com???

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it...... None of those countries have ever shown the airlift capacity to pull something like this off. The ships would take forever to get there from China.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Im watching RT and they mentioned something about the largest military something. It is a story coming up.'

The something was 2 Russian ship to protect military base.

Sorry no link,.
edit on 18-6-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This story is not true by the way - this article and the source are a farce.

Russian military exercises are always announced significantly ahead of time. To move 900 tanks and 400 jets would require immense logistical undertaking and considerable expense. And for what? As it stands now Assad is capable to maintain status quo, he just needs a stream of weapons.

No credible source has reported on this. I think we can dismiss it as BS.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The only reports ive seen on this come from small non MSM news sites. It sounds extremely grandiose.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Found a lot of chatter but nothing solid, will keep an eye on it. Cheers for bringing it to our attention though.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I guess we'll see if there's any truth to this after they finish the talks in Moscow. If it IS true, China&Russia have finally decided to start using the same tools US and its allies like to use - diplomacy through military power. This would completely change the diplomatic landscape of the ME and hamper any plans the West has for Syria/Iran.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
One question ...

Why are you so sure, that their position to deter US intervention is a good thing? What if Russia, China and Iran are planning to overthrow the Syrian regime. And that all these nations, have the same long term agenda ...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
90,000 men and 900 tanks is a decent size invasion force. If it were maneuvers, this would be ALL over the internet. Hell, even if it were just them stacking troops in the Mideast this would be all over the news as HUGE news. But alas, it's merely on a conspiratorial website so I also call BS.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Posted here now with more info:

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

We also need to question the credibility of this story. How legit is Debka.com???

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This story is also being reported by the Times of Israel

Iran is currently holding talks with six Western powers over the fate of its nuclear program. The talks, said to be held in a tense atmosphere in Moscow, seek to alleviate world concerns that the Islamic Republic is developing nuclear weapons.

Syria meanwhile faces international pressure to end a 15-month crackdown on local rebels trying to oust Syrian President Bashar Assad.

China and Russia have come to the aid of both countries in recent months at the UN Security Council, vetoing military intervention in Syria and expanded sanctions on Iran.

And the Fars News Agency

Sources also said that Egypt has acceded to grant passage to 12 Chinese warships to sail through the Suez Canal, adding that the military convoy is due to dock at the Syrian harbors in the next two weeks.

Russian atomic submarines and warships, aircraft carriers and mine-clearing destroyers as well as Iranian battleships and submarines will also arrive in Syria at around the same date.

Syria plans to test its coast-to-sea and air defense missiles in the wargames.

A sum of 400 warplanes and 1,000 tanks will also be used in the exercises. A Syrian official, who asked to remain anonymous, had informed two weeks ago that the drills would be conducted in Syria soon.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The report also stated that Egypt has agreed to allow 12 Chinese warships to pass through the Suez Canal, adding that the military convoy is scheduled to dock in Syrian ports over the next two weeks.

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
That kind of man power and equipment doesn't spell training exercise, but more so a retaliatory buildup. This is a shocking move IMHO. It spits in the face of not only the UN (which I could care less mind you) but also the West.

Hrmmmm... Things are getting interesting.

Also, another interesting blog I came across about more Russia escalations.

blogs.the-american-interest.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join