It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Semites / Neo-Nazi's support Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Before I get flamed, I'm not suggesting Ron Paul is a part of this. I have no idea how he feels about this.

While researching an unrelated topic I ran into a place called "Vanguard News Network Forum". I was looking for information on an author and instead found a Forum where it appears the anti-Semitic / Neo-Nazi types post their venom.

The next thing I noticed is they have a section under "General Discussion" called "Ron Paul". Being interested I read for a bit. The discussions of Ron Paul are similar to here and not remarkable until you read the other threads on the board.

These Ron Paul supporters appear to be your basic KKK White Supremacist types.

If you read there, you may want to take some Pepto to keep your bile down.

Link to the site.

Their Moto in their own words -

We at VNN pledge our lives, fortunes and sacred honor to resist Jewish Tyranny by every means until White liberation is achieved.

The reason I posted this here is that I've noticed many radicals, including some very disgusting ones like at that site seem to gravitate towards Ron Paul.

My question is why he attracts so may of this type? Also is he aware (he must be) and what are his feelings about this? That and if their attention is unwanted, does this do great harm to him and his career?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Because he believes in all voluntary forms of association, is against hate speech and hate crimes ( as they are unconstitutional) and believes that people should be left to do whatever it is they want, so long as they aren't infringing upon the rights of everybody else.

People like that, like Ron Paul because he's not interested in telling you what you can, and cannot do with your life, beliefs, speech etc..

A man of real freedoms will be liked by all groups, good or bad.

~Tenth
edit on 6/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This reminds me of the south park episode where they try to change the flag.
The flag

The KKK wanted to keep the flag the way it was so they joined the opposite side to change the flag knowing that every one hated the KKK so that people would vote not to change the flag because the KKK made it look as if they wanted to change the flag.

Not saying this is whats going on but....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

My question is why he attracts so may of this type? Also is he aware (he must be) and what are his feelings about this? That and if their attention is unwanted, does this do great harm to him and his career?

As far as I can tell, Paul draws all types, for all sorts of reasons. His policies appeal to people of all spectrums (some inconsistently so, of course).

As far as why he attracts so many of this type, I would assume it comes back to his stance on american sovereignty and not wanting to be beholden to globalist ideals, and these appeal to those who want to sever the alleged control of Israel over the US government (by treating them no different than we treat any other nations - no preferential treatment), as well as his views on border security and immigration; cut the incentives, and you address the root problem ("and keep them thar' danged dirty illegal aliens outta the US!").

His feelings on the matter...well, I can only guess. How would you feel, to draw some unsavory characters through otherwise-valid views? That's probably about how he feels ("aww...shucks!"). What are you going to do?

Harming his career? Well, he's never done much to help his career in the first place, which is why he's languished in Congress to (sadly) little effect until very recently. But from what I've seen, yes, this attention has definitely been used against him, whether or not that's fair, so it has hurt.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The reason I posted this here is that I've noticed many radicals, including some very disgusting ones like at that site seem to gravitate towards Ron Paul.

To be fair, all Political Parties have some very Disgusting followers, some even reach position's of Power.

Dick Cheney - GOP,

Now you can't find a more dispicable, disgusting person such as he.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You don't think that behind the scenes they may believe due to the apparently racially motivated stuff in Ron Paul's newsletters, that he might be one of them.

I'm not suggesting he is, just that those newsletters could lead them to think he is?

I can't see any good coming from having a following of such disgusting people. It can't be helpful too him and I wonder if it has an effect on his ability to attract people when you pile this on top of the text of letters?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well they probably feel that Ron Paul relates closely to their political positions. You've got those racist newsletters with Ron Paul's name on it from the 90's, you got a history of Ron Paul's positions concerning states rights on racial segregation and homosexuality (see Ron Paul's position against Brown vs Board of education and Lawrence v Texas). Then you just have his openess to white supremacists groups, he hasn't been shy in taking donations from whitepower groups and pictures with white supremacists. He is the kind of candidate they want in power.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You don't think that behind the scenes they may believe due to the apparently racially motivated stuff in Ron Paul's newsletters, that he might be one of them.

I'm not suggesting he is, just that those newsletters could lead them to think he is?

I can't see any good coming from having a following of such disgusting people. It can't be helpful too him and I wonder if it has an effect on his ability to attract people when you pile this on top of the text of letters?

That's the problem in today's society. That's somehow advocating for everybody's rights, not just special entitlement groups or the ones that are politically correct, is wrong.

I think that those groups are more likely fans because of his libertarian view point and his stances against any form of isms and government control of people, then their secret wish that he's somehow a racist.

At least that would be the optimist's view as opposed to the pessimist's.

Really any advocating of personal freedom and freedom from the chain of governments, as stated above, will draw large crowds of people from all walks of life, and any vote is a good honestly, I don't care where it comes from.

See I disagree with White Supremacists, but I'll fight for their right to be able to stand in the town square and speak their beliefs to the world, un-hindered by the government or other citizens who wish to shut them up.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

No doubt but that's a Straw Man as I'm discussing Ron Paul, not others.

Ron Paul still has that issue of the newsletters over his head and never honestly answered too in my opinion. There must be those of that mindset who assume due to the letters he is one of them.

Has he ever publicly denounced them?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Because he believes in all voluntary forms of association, is against hate speech and hate crimes ( as they are unconstitutional) and believes that people should be left to do whatever it is they want, so long as they aren't infringing upon the rights of everybody else.

People like that, like Ron Paul because he's not interested in telling you what you can, and cannot do with your life, beliefs, speech etc..

A man of real freedoms will be liked by all groups, good or bad.

~Tenth
edit on 6/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

You beat me to it.... also said it better than I could.

A man can only control his own actions... he cannot control the actions of others who follow/support him.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

So who is silencing the poor ol' white supremacists? Who's stopping their freedom of speech? The answer is nobody. As for hate crime, to me if you take the life of an innocent person or assualt an innocent, you should be held accountable, period. Whether you had a racial motive behind it doesn't change the nature of the act.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yes, but your forgetting his history surrounding the racially motivated stuff in the newsletters he signed and sold for profit. I'd think they led to his following of White Supremacists. I'd also think with one statement he could end it and drive them away if he wished.

I doubt these groups number enough to matter in an election. Personally if I were him I'd insult them every chance I get and demand they stop supporting me. Sometimes inaction speaks loudly also. He should speak out against them openly and loudly. I've just never seen him do so.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Would it matter if he did publicly denounce them?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

So who is silencing the poor ol' white supremacists? Who's stopping their freedom of speech? The answer is nobody. As for hate crime, to me if you take the life of an innocent person or assualt an innocent, you should be held accountable, period. Whether you had a racial motive behind it doesn't change the nature of the act.

I agree with you entirely, but people who make hate speech laws would disagree, they are trying to silence white supremacists with their protected speech laws.

There are thousands of legislative bodies all accross America who are currently trying to undermine your ability to speak out in public, protest your discontent and make sure that anybody who has an "opposed" view to what is being perpetuated in the media as "normal"; isn't able to do so.

You mean to tell me that you don't see your freedoms being taken away?

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yes, but your forgetting his history surrounding the racially motivated stuff in the newsletters he signed and sold for profit. I'd think they led to his following of White Supremacists. I'd also think with one statement he could end it and drive them away if he wished.

I doubt these groups number enough to matter in an election. Personally if I were him I'd insult them every chance I get and demand they stop supporting me. Sometimes inaction speaks loudly also. He should speak out against them openly and loudly. I've just never seen him do so.

WHY?

Why would he do anythying else but say what he already has, which is I disagree with your view point, but I respect your right have it, and to discuss it as much as you want, with whoever you like in whatever format you'd like.

Why is it that we must demonize these groups? When we disagree with them? Aren't we then just playing their game? Aren't we just simply saying, well we don't like you, so were gonna do what you do, except we can pretend like we have moral high ground?

It's laughable.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I agree with you entirely, but people who make hate speech laws would disagree, they are trying to silence white supremacists with their protected speech laws.

Who is trying to silence them? Neither this president or the previous presidents before have enacted laws silencing white supremacists. Who's the boogyman?

There are thousands of legislative bodies all accross America who are currently trying to undermine your ability to speak out in public, protest your discontent and make sure that anybody who has an "opposed" view to what is being perpetuated in the media as "normal"

And yet, I'm not aware of any such legislation vai states trying to silence them.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Would it matter if he did publicly denounce them?

To me it would. He should do it in no uncertain terms, so they are clear that he is disgusted by them. If he's not?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

By the way, Hate crime laws are on a state level, not a federal level. They are constitutional. It doesn't make a difference regardless, because these hate crime laws require you to actually commit a crime as well. You may assualt an innocent person because they are muslim, but the mere fact you assualted them without any legitimate reason, is a crime already. It doesn't change that you did wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Why does he attract them?
Maybe because the ones you name "neo-nazi & anti-semite" are not as evile as you make them out to be.
Maybe your are turning a blind eye to the truth that they tell?

Remember - Truth is hate to those who hate the Truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You have read the letters and researched their history right? Do you without hesitation believe he signed them without reading them? Do you without hesitation think he was not pandering for followers and votes with those letters?

I think where this came from is at the time those were written, that viewpoint attracted votes where his constituents are. Times have changed dramatically since then, but if he did it then to pander for votes, that's a different person than is being presented today. His readers had to pay for those letters.

<<   2  3 >>

join