It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why I hate evolution..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

your wrote:
It did. Elements of life are everywhere...

I know life is everywhere, but I dough it created itself and there is no evidence any where for that. If you believe it did you're taking it on faith. I admit there is alot you have to take it on Faith when it comes to creation too, but then I don't go around putting creation into science books and passing it off as a factual theory that become required learning in public schools.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tbrooks76

Below are some examples of supernatural events in evolution….

Ok...let's check those out, shall we?

1st the cause for the big-bang, it can’t be explained, but the going theory is our universe was created by an unexplainable event outside our universe, maybe something like another universes colliding… This concept that a universe outside our own was the cause of our universe is the same idea that creationist has, we just say the other universe is called heaven and God hangs out there. The big bang is almost the same idea you all just removed God out and call whatever happened that cause the big bang some accident.

The big bang theory has NOTHING to do with the theory of evolution...so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Secondly, we know it happened, we just don't know what caused it

2nd supernatural event was atoms began to forum a few nanoseconds after the big-bang…. So basically the law of conservation of mass is violated, (matter and energy can’t be distorted or created) was violated. Here matter, energy, and space/time is all being created, so evolution can violate basic physics laws when help the theory out, I guess.

Again, the big bang theory isn't the theory of evolution...

3rd supernatural event, life created itself.

The theory of evolution doesn't make any statements regarding how life started in the first place...that would be abiogenesis, which is classified as a HYPOTHESIS.

The scientific method in a nut shell…

Ask a Question
Do Background Research
Construct a Hypothesis
Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment and/or making observations
Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
Communicate Your Results

That's actually not correct...at least not if you look at it as a way to get to a theory: LINK

So why do people believe and fight for evolution…well for a few reasons..
1. They have been convinced by what they think is good a science.
2. They just blindly believe whatever the popular opinion is.
3. I can’t see God, so the logical explanation is evolution.
4. They don’t like the alternative (God) so they use denial to continue to believe in the evolution.

Wrong again! They believe the theory because:

1) The fossil record fully backs it up.
2) DNA analysis fully backs it up.
3) Migratory trends fully back it up.
4) We have witnessed speciation both in the lab and in nature.
5) We are ACTIVELY applying the theory in modern medicine...if it were wrong, we wouldn't have many of the meds we have today.

In short, they believe the theory because it's FULLY BACKED UP BY OBJECTIVE (!!!) EVIDENCE.

Evolution is a bad hypothesis...

Actually, it's a theory...because it's backed up by objective evidence that hasn't been debunked in over 150 years. For crying out loud, we are using it in modern medicine

I suggest you read this article because for someone who "hates" something, you know surprisingly little about it in the first place

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tbrooks76

Originally posted by ImaFungi

you cant imagine an amazingly advanced and powerful being god,,, setting the universe into motion, with the intent of creating diverse life forms on trillions of planets,,, and have these energy capturing and utilizing mechanisms sort themselves out,,, decide their own fate and path,,,, organize themselves,,,,,, like computer programs that can "evolve" and fix themselves....... self replicating...... physical representations of math equations creating new formulas, working off of the original templates,,,,,
edit on 18-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

But it you take the eye as example and compare to last 50 years of data, you can see the it is doing the opposite of that, every year the number of people wearing glasses is increasing in percentages. The eye is improving it’s getting worse with every generation.

Television and other bright objects like LIGHTS EVERYWHERE AT NIGHT does that to human eyes. 50 yrs ago, there was no computer, no big TVs, no light-based toys, and certainly, cities weren't blazed with lights.

So our eye sight declining has nothing to do with evolution, it has something to do with abusing our eyes. For our eyes its 24/7 day time, naturally(but varies depending on your location), it should be able 14 hours of day and 10 hrs of night.

Now if we live like this, in this light immersed world, for millions of years, our eyes may take a path to produce a darker lid, kind a like what a crocodile has but darker so we can filter out light, or another path would be, our eyes would go deep inside our head to block lights, another path would we would start getting darker skin underneath our eyes to absorb light(like during camping or something, people put dark coal or colour underneath eyes to absorb the burning campfire from burning you retina.)
edit on 6/18/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

creation is just a "man... i have no frking clue how that happened, so im gonna say GOD!" man's theory.

likewise evolution is the same boat.....we have no clue where life came from, so will just say it created itself.

Again, Evolution, not Abiogenesis. Whats the point of debating if you don;t even want to see the difference. Theory Of Evolution has NOTHING to do with origin of life. Giant Jellyfish could have pooped life on earth, evolution still applies.

Evolution = Diversity of species.

Evolution does say all life came from a common ancestor, or life forum. Straight from Wiki...

"Life on Earth originated and then evolved from a universal common ancestor "

You can dress it up in so many words, but evolution is saying all life came on life forum, and its believed it created itself.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

evolution is saying all life came on life forum, and its believed it created itself.

First part, yes. Second part, no. Evolution describes the changes in life over time. As has already been stated over and over again, it does not attempt to describe how life originated. You don't need to know how life began to describe how it evolved.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes, a common ancestor...you know...first life!! It doesn't make any statements regarding how that first life came to be

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

creation is just a "man... i have no frking clue how that happened, so im gonna say GOD!" man's theory.

likewise evolution is the same boat.....we have no clue where life came from, so will just say it created itself.

Again, Evolution, not Abiogenesis. Whats the point of debating if you don;t even want to see the difference. Theory Of Evolution has NOTHING to do with origin of life. Giant Jellyfish could have pooped life on earth, evolution still applies.

Evolution = Diversity of species.

Evolution does say all life came from a common ancestor, or life forum. Straight from Wiki...

"Life on Earth originated and then evolved from a universal common ancestor "

You can dress it up in so many words, but evolution is saying all life came on life forum, and its believed it created itself.

Exactly, it continues from "After life originated".. a theory would explain how it originated, but theory of evolution would not because its not part of it. It explains what happens to the a simple organism, not how it organism came to be.
edit on 6/18/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I like physics, I can tell you allot about it and I read up on the big bang, there are bunch of ideas about what could have happen, but they require some miracle type event that cannot be proven.

And if one is to hypothesize that God created the Universe it requires a massive literal miracle event that cannot EVER be proven.

An this second point is my point, life creating itself is untested hypothesis yet the complete based of their theory.

You and me both know it will be essentially impossible for us to witness self-assembling organisms capable of self-replication, because the process is so rare it took several billion years to happen the first time. The fact is, some very simple cell organisms with the right molecular arrangement are capable of self-replication, which would be the start point of evolution. It's not utterly impossible for those molecules to randomly arrange themselves into the correct structure given the right type of environment and enough time. Given enough time almost anything will happen. You just can't comprehend the occurrence of such unlikely events and you leap to the illogical conclusion that such events are not possible, when that's completely false by all mathematical standards.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

is there written works explaining on evolution...... how single celled organisms,,, banded together to create complex organisms?

im curious who was leading,,,, like when organs and bones were created,,, ok you will become the heart,,,, timmy you got the rectum?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I know life is everywhere, but I dough it created itself and there is no evidence any where for that. If you believe it did you're taking it on faith. I admit there is alot you have to take it on Faith when it comes to creation too, but then I don't go around putting creation into science books and passing it off as a factual theory that become required learning in public schools.

That has the be the most hilarious post I've ever read. Honestly... first you accuse us of "taking it on faith". Don't make me laugh, there is countless piles of evidence to support evolution. In fact we can even witness evolution in real time amongst fast breeding organisms such as bacteria, in such cases as when they become immune to our vaccines. Physical changes have even been noted in larger animals such as rabbits. Of course these are what one might call "micro-evolutionary" changes... but guess what, given thousands and millions and even billions of years those changes build up into HUGE changes, which is how real full scale evolution takes place. And yes you religious people do go putting your theories into books, it's called the Bible... and you proclaim every word to be the gospel truth, and then you travel around the world forcing people to hear said truth because it's your mission to teach them about the word of God.
edit on 18/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
After reading the debates between science and religion I must take the stand that creationists believe the Sun revolves around the Earth and all disease is caused by the devil. This is because creationist want to ignore any empirical evidence that does not agree with their views.

Since science cannot prove everything right here, right now, it must be defective. If it is defective can it be believed at all? Wasn't the Earth not being the center of the Universe a religious heresy at one time? What was it that changed our views on this? Oh, that's right, science.

So, what do you believe in science or God? Science = Earth around Sun. God = Sun around Earth. Or is it God, until I am forced to believe otherwise?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

is there written works explaining on evolution...... how single celled organisms,,, banded together to create complex organisms?

im curious who was leading,,,, like when organs and bones were created,,, ok you will become the heart,,,, timmy you got the rectum?

During cell division, singled celled organism has the chance to do improper replication, it can be triggered thru environmental stimuli, now the mutation during replication can be addition, deletion, silent, missense, or point mutation(pretty sure i missed few more), slowly these changes.. from adapting, to variation to minor change to micro evolution to macro evolution.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yes, plenty of papers explaining it...but I suggest you start reading the "Introduction to Evolution" article I linked, because from your posts its clear you don't understand the basics of the theory.

Once you're done with that, here are some articles regarding single celled organisms to multicellular life:

LINK 1

LINK 2

Oh yeah, and we actually witnessed it happening: LINK

There's actually many different ways in which single celled organisms can evolve into multicellular life...not just one.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

"randomly arrange themselves into the correct structure"

Ha.....ha

one time I randomly arranged screws and gears and built a rolex

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

It's a type of biological self-organization, a complex chaotic process. Morphogenesis is the best example to consider. Take a look at The Chemical Basis for Morphogenesis by Alan Turing. It contains mathematical equations for explaining how self-organizing systems can arise... basically it's a way of describing order from chaos.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by ChaoticOrder

"randomly arrange themselves into the correct structure"

Ha.....ha

one time I randomly arranged screws and gears and built a rolex

See, that's exactly the type of logic I was just talking about. Just because something seems highly unlikely to ever happen you immediately assume it would never happen even given billions of years. News flash, no matter how small the possibility is, it is still a possibility.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

ok i see,,,,,, I still dont get how they banded together to create large organism,,, with many parts and jobs and complexities..... wouldnt it have to come all together first.... or this is like what came first chicken or the egg,, all evolution was because a female beared a fetus with a mutation,,,,,,and this work is down on a small level,,, its why we start off very small and all the details are done and established as a fetus... ,,,,, like do all the cells in your body belong to you and your family by dna? or are they just separate organisms along for the ride?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This thread another perfect example of somebody who knows pretty much nothing about science, attempting to debunk it based on nothing more than misunderstandings and lies about the theory. This nonsense has been posted time and time again on here, with the same misunderstandings and the same lies. Can we please end the war on science already? Something isn't automatically true because a creationist website says so. Instead of attacking science, try focusing on the positives of your beliefs. The attack is not justified, and is certainly not what Jesus would do, whether he disagreed or not. They teach evolution in science class, because it's SCIENCE, and evolution doesn't claim life created itself.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
This thread another perfect example of somebody who knows pretty much nothing about science, attempting to debunk it based on nothing more than misunderstandings and lies about the theory. This nonsense has been posted time and time again on here, with the same misunderstandings and the same lies. Can we please end the war on science already? Something isn't automatically true because a creationist website says so. Instead of attacking science, try focusing on the positives of your beliefs. The attack is not justified, and is certainly not what Jesus would do, whether he disagreed or not.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

ok i see,,,,,, I still dont get how they banded together to create large organism,,, with many parts and jobs and complexities..... wouldnt it have to come all together first.... or this is like what came first chicken or the egg,, all evolution was because a female beared a fetus with a mutation,,,,,,and this work is down on a small level,,, its why we start off very small and all the details are done and established as a fetus... ,,,,, like do all the cells in your body belong to you and your family by dna? or are they just separate organisms along for the ride?

I think you are referring to a Blastocyst, when the body assigns which cells to become what, which will develop into a fetus, now i can't go very detail in here, but what i know is that, DNA has the code for it to go where or rather in order to form the shape. Now how the DNA got this info will go into origins of life, which would be from the hypothesis abiogenesis, which is a hypothesis in works, which i doubt would become a theory anytime soon because its a bit hard to replicate.

I don't exactly know what you meant by the cells are along for the ride or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join