It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The AUD/USD The Next Reserve Currency? Australia and America Tipped To Share Reserve.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Oh Germ, Germ, Germ

You could post a thread entitled: "The Sky Is Purple!", and it would be followed up with: "This is Americas loser governments fault!", "break off the alliance!", "we hate Americans!". There's no end to this crap, is there!

You're obviously on a single minded mission. Talk about agenda!

I suggest a hobby besides computers, such as: Origami or maybe even Taxidermy! How about Crocheting? Or better yet.........Bus Dodging!

You really need to stop smoking the proverbial "Chinese spring roll".

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
We are the number one ranked OECD nation. If China remains on top, we will continue to benifit. China will be the superpower when america gives up the reserve or it is unseated.

What does america do for us? Please tell me. Just a couple of things.

China is our future. We have more resources than anyone. We have uranium. We have everything. If China is superpower, we will be fine. If we stick with America, we are doomed.

America is the reason we have the Carbon Tax btw
I do not know why an Australian wouls want to lick american boots and work for them. Do you understand what having the reserve allows them to do? Its bs. We will end up having a dollar that is worth 60 cents compared with the USD and be on the wrong side of the world still if America keeps running things. Look at their national debt for god sake. And they keep spending. Why would you want to be a slave to them. They need to stand down. Its not anti-american. It was not anti-australian that Americans didnt care when our dollar was worth only 60 cent US. America have no right to the reserve. They are ripping you off.

What's the difference between America and China being a world currency reserve? In your proposal Australia and America SHARE the reserve. Yet you are going on how weak America is and how they don't deserve to be the reserve. So what would happen if America's currency declines? Well China wants reserve currency. The Yuan will appreciate in value. So then we would be slaves (as you put it) to the Chinese, no?

How is the reason we have a carbon tax America's fault? Australia chose not to get on board with the Kyoto protocol and instead follow our own way to reduce emissions, that being this stupidly high priced carbon tax.

Like i said about the OECD statistics; it's rubbish. The ONLY reason we are doing so well is the mining boom. Take that away and we are not as doing as pretty as you and our prime minister say we are. And yes the only reason we have a mining boom (well mainly) is because of resource hungry china, and then also India.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
etfdailynews.com...

Not the Yuan The other reserve currency idea on many pundits’ lists is the Chinese yuan. No offense, but this is simply ridiculous, and here’s why… The first important issue is liquidity. The Chinese yuan isn’t even convertible. The government forces Chinese exporters who receive U.S. dollars to turn them over to the Central Bank. (This is how China built its $3 trillion in reserves). Citizens can’t take it out of the country. It isn’t accepted as legal tender anywhere outside of China. The other problem with the yuan or Renminbi is that it’ll be a long, long time before China allows its currency to float freely. China built its entire system on tightly controlling their currency’s value. If the currency strengthened 10% against the U.S. dollar in six months, millions of exporters already on razor-thin margins would go bust. In addition, China’s weaknesses as a global safe haven are glaringly obvious. Two examples should suffice: All of its strategic industries are firmly in state hands and its judicial system is anything but independent. That shouldn’t instill much global confidence. Next, I can’t top how Fraser Howie, a managing director at CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets, co-author of Red Capitalism: The Fragile Financial Foundation of China’s Extraordinary Rise, sums up China’s financial shell games:
figured this article brought up some good points and seemed to translate it down so people(like me) who arent as well versed in the market could make some small sense of it

www.currencycountdown.com...
www.weissmoneynetwork.com...
www.businessweek.com...
www.reuters.com...
www.lowyinterpreter.org...

found most of them informative but to be honest i dont dabble in the markets much so kinda just posting links so the more informed can figure it all out

State Capitalism works. America borrows money from China not the other way around.

The 'markets' do not like China because they protect their people and economy by protecting State assets, unlike the bankrupt west.

The 'markets' do not like Bolivia and Argentina nationalizing oil and electricity either. We should though. Our western corporatist governments have sold us out to the multinational parasites of Delaware.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Almost every thread you start is anti American.

Australia is a nice place but it is far from economically stable. What would you do if we took our military protection away? Where are you going to pull 40b from? You'd borrow it.

Wake up. Not everything is as you see in the papers or on tv.

Now I see why you chose the name germanicus. Oh to envy a tyrant....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stonesplitter
Oh Germ, Germ, Germ

You could post a thread entitled: "The Sky Is Purple!", and it would be followed up with: "This is Americas loser governments fault!", "break off the alliance!", "we hate Americans!". There's no end to this crap, is there!

You're obviously on a single minded mission. Talk about agenda!

I suggest a hobby besides computers, such as: Origami or maybe even Taxidermy! How about Crocheting? Or better yet.........Bus Dodging!

You really need to stop smoking the proverbial "Chinese spring roll".

You need to stop being a troll.

Why should America keep the Reserve? They are ripping us all off. You people are all trolls. Stay on topic.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87

Almost every thread you start is anti American.

Australia is a nice place but it is far from economically stable. What would you do if we took our military protection away? Where are you going to pull 40b from? You'd borrow it.

Wake up. Not everything is as you see in the papers or on tv.

Now I see why you chose the name germanicus. Oh to envy a tyrant....

We do not need your military. Dont be stupid.

It would make more sense to let China have a base here than doomed america.

And point out exactlt what is anti-american. What? Do you have a disporder also?

Why should America be superpower. They cant run an economy. If we take away the reserve they fall apart.

So how is the thread anti-american, exactly? And why should the US keep the Reserve?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Germy, Take a chill pill man, and go to sleep...Its after midnight here anyway.

I dont know why Im wasting my time even typing this...Goodnight all.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Same here. Going to bed too. Goodnight ;-P

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Scared trolls talking down to me.

Got no argument. Have to lie and call me anti-american.

It is not the god given birthright of americans to have the reserve status and be superpower.

I think the american government has done a terrible job. I am glad that the BRICS are ready to take over. It is only fair that america stands down. They have failed. That does not make me anti-american.

link   
OK, I have to say something about this.....

As an Aussie, I too have my fair share of issues with the US government and their Empire-building strategies. I too have an issue with flag-waving Americans who yell "O'doyle Rules!!!" as their car, or country in this case, takes a nose-dive off a cliff.

But maaaaaaaaaaaaate....seriously, enough with the Yank bashing. I'm feeling embarrassed that you claim to speak for all of us Aussies, which you certainly do not. And, yes, no matter how you twist it you are actually having a dig at the Americans......attempting to deny this fact is making you look like more of an ass.

Take that as you will, I care not. Just stop making it seem like you speak for all Aussies, when in fact you speak only for a very small minority.

link   

do you even read the links? even china is saying(or at least one of their finance ministers)is saying china is not going to be come the reserve country atleast not for 10 years...

Xia's prediction for the yuan's future contrasts with others in China who, worried about the dollar's prospects, have called for alternative reserve currencies, including the yuan. Xia did not elaborate on why he thought the yuan would not grow into a major reserve currency, but made clear that Beijing should stick to its present model of a managed floating currency regime to shield its economy from risks. Without giving details, he said China should not have a free float currency regime in the next 10 years, and that while its capital account must be freed to make the yuan convertible, capital controls should only be loosened gradually. "In the coming eight to nine years, China would be forced to continue with a managed float of its exchange rate in the face of reform challenges in its economy and global financial uncertainties," he said

All this requires a well-established bond market with depth, breadth and resilience. It has to have strong legal certainty and a track-record of stable performance. It probably requires a floating exchange rate. China has none of these preconditions, and is in no hurry to create them because it would mean giving up all the panoply of controls and regulations that keep the exchange rate stable and guard against the potential huge volatility of unrestricted capital flows. What's more, the advantages of being a reserve currency simply aren't worth the price. More on that in a follow-up post.
so it seems they might not even WANT it let alone be able to become it
50 years could be the case but right now and in the next decade nope

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Trolling. Do you know really know what trolling is?
You're threads are the perfect definition of trolling.
They are provocative postings intended to produce a large volume of frivolous responses.
Whether you are doing it intentionally or not. You certainly are doing a good job.

Putin calls the US a parasite. That is exactly what they are. Imagine what happens to the US if we take the Reserve Status away from them. They would actually have to start managing their economy and being responsible like the rest of us for one thing.

If the US managed their economy?
Is that what you want? The worlds largest super power with the worlds most powerful economy?
We wouldn't need China or anyone else.
How cool would that be?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

In your proposal Australia and America SHARE the reserve.

Comprehension is not your strong point is it? I said the opposite of that. Clearly.

From QLD?

You are unAustralian if you want to stick with america. You are also crazy. The USD will be unseated. That is clear.

You also do not understand our situation. We need China to be strong.

And the OECD stats are not rubbish at all. Who is doing better? Thats right. Nobody. Lucky we live near China hey queenslander.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

reply to post by DaRAGE

In your proposal Australia and America SHARE the reserve.

Comprehension is not your strong point is it? I said the opposite of that. Clearly.

From QLD?

You are unAustralian if you want to stick with america.

Cut the crap mate. I can't believe you dug out the ol' "You're UnAustralian If.....". How bloody ridiculous. If I wasn't convinced before that you are nothing more than a poor troll, now I am.

You do NOT speak for Aussies, you speak for yourself only.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Every time I see a thread by this guy, I can be sure it's going to be full of, Go Aussies - Go China - Down With America comments. It's been pointed out a current boom in mining is the only reason Australia's economy is doing better, yet it's still We're Number 1 ! You may dislike our govt, as do I, but our citizens are some of the best people on the planet.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You calling ME a troll!? Seriously knucklenutz........you brought me out of hibernation. I hadn't posted on here in ages until a couple of nights back......still read from time to time, but your blatant disregard for what a real Aussie is and pretending to act on behalf of all Aussies in several threads makes me sick. You only have ONE ideal and that is "America Sux, China Roolz!!".

Even more ironic is in one breath you call Americans "lazy, moochers and hated by every Aussie" but in the next breath you say "but I like Americans, just not your government!" You remind me of that German soldier who's just about to be executed in Saving Private Ryan........happy to shoot down America until caught and then says"But I like American!"

You even have the audacity to say things like "I'm smarter than you" and "your just scared, I scare you!"

Man, nobody fears you, and I can see a line about a mile long of people looking to catch up with you and pu.....um...oh....have a beer with you....yes that's it, a beer!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Trolling. Do you know really know what trolling is?
You're threads are the perfect definition of trolling.
They are provocative postings intended to produce a large volume of frivolous responses.
Whether you are doing it intentionally or not. You certainly are doing a good job.

Putin calls the US a parasite. That is exactly what they are. Imagine what happens to the US if we take the Reserve Status away from them. They would actually have to start managing their economy and being responsible like the rest of us for one thing.

If the US managed their economy?
Is that what you want? The worlds largest super power with the worlds most powerful economy?
We wouldn't need China or anyone else.
How cool would that be?

The only thing provocative about them is that people cant wrap their heads around the fact that america is doomed no matter how much proof they get or how clear I make it.

And the trolls are those with the frivolous posters. I am not here to be insulted. Especially by people that are obvioucly confused and bamboozled. Its stupid. No need to reply if you are just being a [SNIP] like some of your replies.

Your reply makes no sense btw. "If the US managed their economy" ??
See, I have people like you insult me, and that is what you spit out?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Man, nobody fears you, and I can see a line about a mile long of people looking to catch up with you and pu.....um...oh....have a beer with you....yes that's it, a beer!

I'll be the first in line to offer him a double on the house.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

America is doomed.

Don't you have like 5 other threads that say this over and over? We get it, Americans are evil and fat. jus sayin.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You calling ME a troll!? Seriously knucklenutz........you brought me out of hibernation. I hadn't posted on here in ages until a couple of nights back......still read from time to time, but your blatant disregard for what a real Aussie is and pretending to act on behalf of all Aussies in several threads makes me sick. You only have ONE ideal and that is "America Sux, China Roolz!!".

Even more ironic is in one breath you call Americans "lazy, moochers and hated by every Aussie" but in the next breath you say "but I like Americans, just not your government!" You remind me of that German soldier who's just about to be executed in Saving Private Ryan........happy to shoot down America until caught and then says"But I like American!"

You even have the audacity to say things like "I'm smarter than you" and "your just scared, I scare you!"

Personal threats now?

On top of a personal attack. You should go back into hybernation. You should also stop being a liar. I have never said I speak for all 'aussies'. I have also naver said that"all" hate americans. Stop being a liar. I said that the majority of Australians with half a brain do not want US troops hear risking our economy. I know many Australians are not too sharp.

And when I said that Americans are lazy moochers I said that is what they should get used to because thats what people are saying about the Greeks.

So you are a liar. And a troll.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join