It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did i just dimensions? (again)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

"I am never sure if it isn't my mind playing tricks on me"

ding ding dingggg...we have a winner.

That's exactly what it is and nothing more.

That is precisely what I chalk it up to. It is the only logical explanation. But I can't discount an illogical explanation considering that I am not aware of everything that is possible in the universe.

I have kids...I have to chalk it up to logical so they won't think mom is nutters.

If it was dimensional shifting I am just a little disappointed that everything was exactly the same except for my missing windex...

To me, the fact that everything is the same, EXCEPT the windex, is the very reason i believe it is possible to move between dimensions.

If you have two dimensions, that are so near identical to one another, save for the location of a single bottle of Windex, they would likely occupy nearly the same "space" in the universe. Because whatever forces drive those dimensions to take the shape/position/direction that they take, the forces would roughly be the same, save for whatever minor effect a single Windex bottle has on it. And if they were close enough, they might possibly merge briefly enough that you end up in the other one.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

I would support your notion; if i could see some evidence that shows what mechanics of the brain cause this. Are there studies that show how someone can walk right past something they are looking for, look for it in the place it is, and never actually find it?

If so, that would be fascinating to read up on.

Until i see it though, i'll wonder what’s actually happening.

Here it is...

Inattentional blindness, also known as perceptual blindness, is when a person fails to notice some stimulus that is in plain sight. This stimulus is usually unexpected but fully visible. This typically happens because humans are overloaded with inputs. It is impossible to pay attention to every single input that is presented. A person’s attention cannot be focused on everything, and therefore, everyone experiences inattentional blindness. People can falsely believe that they do not experience inattentional blindness. This is due to the fact that they are unaware that they are missing things. Inattentional blindness also has an effect on people’s perception. There have been multiple experiments performed that demonstrate this phenomenon

Innattentional Blindness

These days we are pretty much bombarded with information, misinformation, disinformation and that is before we even step out the door of our homes. Very easy to fall into this trap.

Hope this helps.

edit on 18-6-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Here it is...

Inattentional blindness, also known as perceptual blindness, is when a person fails to notice some stimulus that is in plain sight. This stimulus is usually unexpected but fully visible. This typically happens because humans are overloaded with inputs. It is impossible to pay attention to every single input that is presented. A person’s attention cannot be focused on everything, and therefore, everyone experiences inattentional blindness. People can falsely believe that they do not experience inattentional blindness. This is due to the fact that they are unaware that they are missing things. Inattentional blindness also has an effect on people’s perception. There have been multiple experiments performed that demonstrate this phenomenon

Innattentional Blindness

Hope this helps.

close but not quite 100% proof i;d say.

to quote "This stimulus is usually unexpected but fully visible. This typically happens because humans are overloaded with inputs. It is impossible to pay attention to every single input that is presented. A person’s attention cannot be focused on everything, and therefore, everyone experiences inattentional blindness."

so are we assuming that when a person is dedicated to a single task (locating keys, or a bottle of windex) that they are "overloaded" or that the keys/windex they are looking for is "unexpected".

It can account for some situations but it's not exactly what i was looking for. I'm curious how someone can miss something they are specifically looking for in situations where it is not unexpected nor are they overloaded with other stimuli.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I do not think there is such a thing as 100% proof of something like this.

Just showing that their are studies there, not necessarily my own opinion.

This guy would probably get on well with yourself...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

What? You started a thread swearing Mr Rodney King died two months ago. Don't try and change it now.

Read what I said before.You probably just read about someone else dying..and thought it was him.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

What? You started a thread swearing Mr Rodney King died two months ago. Don't try and change it now.

Read what I said before.You probably just read about someone else dying..and thought it was him.

Still waiting and willing to discuss Rodney King having died several months ago. Still interested in hearing from those who might share in that memory.

You started changing the subject the moment you said it was delusions ect.

and AGAIN, i did not swear he died! LOL where did i say that, if you quote me saying that then i'll post no more lol

i said i remembering reading a story that said it. I never swore, i never said it was provable ect. Your logical fallacies aren't winning anything here.

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I do not think there is such a thing as 100% proof of something like this.

Just showing that their are studies there, not necessarily my own opinion.

True. That paticular aspect of human brains, and all the studies associated with it have the participants focused on something else when they try to add something new, they sometimes miss it.

If the studies were about them looking for something unusual going in rather than counting basketballs and not focused on the unexpected, it might help understand why someone can misremember something. Thats all.

I'm asking the guy who keeps demanding proof from me, to provide proof himself that this is all in my head or that similar incidents are all in other peoples heads. He keeps using the words "truth" to describe what he is'nt proving. So i'm sorry, my statement about proof was more directed at him than you. But thank you for the link anyway, it's very interesting stuff.
edit on 18-6-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Where'd you read this story dude?

So because you thought someone died it HAS to be a switch in dimensions?

Also,your title makes NO sense.I just dimentioned. You know.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Where'd you read this story dude?

So because you thought someone died it HAS to be a switch in dimensions?

Also,your title makes NO sense.I just dimentioned. You know.

I read it in another dimension

edit on 18-6-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Or going back to the theory of "We live in a simulation"
The slight differences we notice is just the self correcting code with in this simulation, Being self edited

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

And you're reading about Rodney King? Next time bring back some stock market tickers and maybe some Powerball numbers. That might get someone's attention. Could you do that? Why doesn't anyone with these abilities seem to do that?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

And you're reading about Rodney King? Next time bring back some stock market tickers and maybe some Powerball numbers. That might get someone's attention. Could you do that? Why doesn't anyone with these abilities seem to do that?

I never really thought of it as an ability. Just always thought it was a random occurrence.

I wish i had something more substantial to share, RK was just the difference i noticed i guess.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Don't worry, I'll have someone sent over for an "eye exam", then you'll be ok again and not remember any of this

It's all good...

::mumbling about them missing one again and phoning in the orders::...

Just hang tight, this won't hurt a bit....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

reply to post by dannotz

Nothing rude about my reply.It's the truth.

Seen it a 1000 times here.

Nothing rude?

Well the mod that removed your comment must've had another reason for removing it?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Interesting.

Someone else on here posted a thread about another well known person dying......twice:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So didn't we do all this already?

Twice?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks for sharing! I think i might have seen that one but can't be sure.

To me its a strange phenomenon to have repeating memories like this. Whatever their cause, it's strange to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz

reply to post by dannotz

Nothing rude?

Well the mod that removed your comment must've had another reason for removing it?

couple of days late,but probably because you reported it.If ya didn't notice your post was removed also.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz

reply to post by dannotz

Nothing rude?

couple of days late,but probably because you reported it.If ya didn't notice your post was removed also.

LOL yea. since i even know how to report you.

C'mon now, i wouldn't report someone for just being rude. If that's what i was into, i'd being doing it all day.

But ok, keep tellin yourself that

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join