It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrophysicist says our solar system is entering an interstellar energy cloud that will bring global

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I cant wait for the age of aquarius though....its coming.

That's slightly inaccurate. It has already started, but it's more like a transition process, which takes maybe about 100 or 200 years or so. During that phase, we are not anymore completely in the age of the Pisces, but we are not completely yet in the age of the Aquarius either. It will transition slowly and smoothly (as far as chronology is concerned - not necessarily when planetary events are concerned). It's not going to just suddenly 'come'.

So we are already in the transition process, I think. But I am not completely sure about this.

The only sure thing is that it will take lots of upheavals and things of that nature, and that the transition process does last a long time. When it has finally 'come', none of us are in our current incarnations anymore (probably - I mean, you never know what happens in the future with complete accuracy).

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

How is that a bad thing? Things like that shouldn't be kept secret. I'd laugh if some of the dishonest people out there spilled everything they have ever done, and then this whole 2012 thing turned out to be BS. Their life would be ruined, but they'd probably deserve it for their underhanded ways.

Exactly.

Truth shall set you free!

People don't understand this at all, and they tangle themselves in more and more complicated webs of lies that they weave. And they don't even know what freedom is after that.

I can only pity the liars.. verily, they know not what they are doing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by smurfy

Zagari has not posted here so you are confusing to say the least. Zagari has received some very strong approvals from me for testing his understanding of TWZ. I applauded his efforts and I continue to applaud his efforts. It matters little if I or you or anyone else is a believer in an idea. What matters is whether or not the idea stands up to testing. Zagari is testing and what I see in him is that he is doing so in a commendable manner.

On the other hand this thread is about a hoax and lies.

It's Zangari, and he's not fake, and he didn't predict an Ice age, what he did was to forecast accurately a northern europe severe winter for 2010 at a -10° below average, with his contention that it was caused by the gulf oil spill, causing the gulf stream to falter.

Except his prediction was based on basic errors and ignorance of ocean currents, and the cold weather we had in Nov/Dec 2010 had nothing at all to do with the Deepwater disaster.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jordanAKbramsen

This is absolute Bull S#!%! The Dark Rift is a large area of Molecular Clouded Particles that blocks part of our view of the center core of the Galaxy where lies a MASSIVE BLACK HOLE. The Mayan Calendar is based upon the Venusian Calendar and as the long count comes to an end this year in December....NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

The Mayans based part of their Calendar Count on our Solar Systems alignment with the center of the dark Rift...where this Cloud of Molecular Dust Hides the Galactic Core and inside a Super Massive Black Hole..well...guess what? That alignment occurred between 25,000 to 28,000 YEARS AGO!

For all the people out there thinking that Gravity from this alignment will tear the Earth apart...LOL! It won't and if it was going to it would have done it 25 to 28 Thousand Years go! Gravity is not like LIGHT....We see this Alignment as it occurred 25 to 28,000 years ago because that's how long it took the light to reach us. Gravity is instantaneous...it is Space/Time GEOMETRY and is not a Particle that travels at the speed of light thus a Light Year is the Distance Light travels in one year about 6 Trillion Miles. On top of all this STUPIDITY...we are always in alignment with the galactic core just we are up or down a bit on the Galactic Plane and it takes 225 to 250 MILLION YEARS for Earth and Earths Solar System to Revolve around the Galactic Core.

So put STUPIDITY ASIDE....we are way past the point of even alignment with the Dark Rift which is much closer than the Galactic Core itself as the Dark Rift Is about 300 Light Years from Earth and on top of this exact alignment is plus or minus 18 years.

So we past dark Rift Alignment 300 plus or minus 18 years ago....we passed Galactic Core Alignment 225 to 250 MILLION YEARS AGO....and NOTHING HAS HAPPENED! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Ooooold news ...

This is loosely related and interesting :

news.nationalgeographic.com...

This may also be :

www.nasa.gov...

QV.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jordanAKbramsen
3:Get right with god.

The best advise. All else comes along by itself.

nuff said.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
A ridiculous post based on bad science and decidedly un-critical thinking. You fail Sir.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Originally posted by DJW001

Your nutjob source doesn't even quote the original hoax accurately. As has been pointed out, Alexia Dimitria should actually be Alexey Dimitriev. Neither exists.

I see the ATS Urban Legend that this person does not exist has spread far and wide. He actually does exist:

Russian scientist: The solar system is moving into a new energy “zone” that is transforming the magnetic fields of the planets
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by TotallyFEDup88
started 12/20/2011 @ 11:32 PM

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Like Phage said–the "Russian scientist" has never been found to exist.

Alexei Dmitriev has never been found to exist? Who has found that he has never existed? Is Lawrence E. Joseph at Huffington Post a liar when he says he met with him:

Dr. Alexei Dmitriev, the esteemed Russian space physicist whom I visited in Akademgorodok, a clandestine scientific research city outside of Novosibirsk, Siberia. In my recent book, Apocalypse 2012: An Investigation into Civilization's End, I detailed Dmitriev's conclusions, based on his team's analysis of Voyager data...
www.redicecreations.com...

Is this story fabricated?

A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field near the Solar System
M. Opher, F. Alouani Bibi, G. Toth, J. D. Richardson, V. V. Izmodenov & T. I. Gombosi
www.nature.com...

Why do I even bother trying to backtrack to the subject of the thread? OK, I'll do it:

Are you saying the Solar System is not passing through this "Interstellar Fluff"? We won't argue semantics, Fluff, Energy Could, whatever.

Your argument is thus:

1) We are not passing through an "Energy Cloud".
2) There is no Energy Cloud
3) If there was, it's called Interstellar Fluff
4) And even if we are passing through this "Fluff", Dmitriev's information should be disregarded, since it was cited by a "pseudoscientist" at Huffingtonpost.com
5) And besides that, Dmitriev doesn't even exist in the first place.

So what are we left with. Just a gaggle of people standing around scratching their heads wondering what just happened...

edit on 12/23/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: gaggle

Originally posted by xecoybh
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Not fabricated, he exists. You are correct.

Alexey Nikolaevich Dmitriev

profile in Russian, bad google translation

ESTABLISHMENT OF THE RUSSIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
State Public Scientific-Technological Library of the Siberian Branch of the RAS

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://www.spsl.nsc.ru/~m1-way/dmitrv.htm

His original site at the

United Institute of Geology, Geophysics and Mineralogy SB RAS

630090, Novosibirsk, Russia
Ac. Koptyug Ave, 3
UIGGM SB RAS
www-sbras.nsc.ru/eng/sbras/copan/welcomep.html

is no longer online, but Wayback Machine from archive.org has a copy, under google translate

tinyurl.com/ced82w7
edit on 29-12-2011 by xecoybh because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/19/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: link

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

5: Alert your family members, even if they think your crazy now, they'll love you like crazy later Very interesting. How wiill they thank you? How much later?
Being a Christian I am aware that the end will come at any time.....I love living in exciting times.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

The scientist, Dimitria or Dimitriev, in the OP does not exist. The paper mentioned was not published. This is a hoax. The Nature article you referenced discusses a weak magnetic field that has been estimated. It is in the 1 to 5 micro Gauss range.

The scientist does not exist. It is a hoax.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think I might create a site warning everyone of the coming Zombie Bunny apocalypse coming our way. Seriously, the US government released a statement about it warning that the Zombie Bunnies are immortal and cannot be stopped. I'll try and see if I can find the real source of the story, but if I can't you can just trust what I say about it on my brand new site...

[/sarcasm]

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I think I might create a site warning everyone of the coming Zombie Bunny apocalypse coming our way. Seriously, the US government released a statement about it warning that the Zombie Bunnies are immortal and cannot be stopped. I'll try and see if I can find the real source of the story, but if I can't you can just trust what I say about it on my brand new site...

[/sarcasm]

You sir, get a BIG star from me.

You made me snarf my coffee through my nose when I read "Zombie Bunnies".

Anyone that can make me snarf coffee through my nose get's a star from me!

Now to go find a rag to clean up the mess I made all over my key board from laughing so hard that coffee came through my nose......

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going. Not only that it has 25 flags. As soon as I saw Dmietriev's name it was obvious this is a hoax. So can someone explain to me why people are buying into this when the one who created this hypothesis doesn't even exist? This is absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
this has likely already been said... in rebuttal to that pseudo-science OP linked website

The Location of the Solar System in the Milky Way Galaxy

Did you ever wonder where in the galaxy we are? Our sun Sol is just one of more than a couple hundred billion stars that make up our home galaxy: the Milky Way.\

Our home lies within the disk of the Milky Way. It's the disk where most of the galaxy's gas and dust is located. As a result this is where most new stars are being born.

Just as the Earth has an equator, so too does the galaxy and we are about 14 light years above what's called the equatorial symmetry plane.
As to the thickness of the disk, most current estimates put it at around 1,000 light years thick. Obviously our solar system lies very close to the galaxy's equator.

Please Note... the best scientific calculations put this Solar System (Earth/Sun/Planets) at about 14 Light Years Above the Galactic Equatorial Plane

in other credible sites which deal with the Solar Systems Orbit... it is estimated that Our Orbit is in a fairly circular Orbit but the Orbit goes up and down, in a ~42 million year cycle.
(it waves like this ~~~~~~~ with approximately 6 oscillations above-&-below the Galactic Plane in the course of one Galactic Orbit of +200-250 Million years)

source: www.astrodigital.org...

As to our distance from the center of the galaxy, the best guess is that we are 26,000 to 28,000 light years from the center. The estimates vary due to uncertainty in the exact size of the galaxy and the time it takes the solar system to complete one orbit of our galaxy. The yellow circle in the picture shows the orbital path of our solar system as it travels around the center of the Milky Way. The red dot, located just above the 'r' in the 'arm' associated with the Orion Arm shows our current location on this path.

You're next question may well be 'how long does it take the solar system to complete one orbit of the galaxy?' We all know that it takes the Earth one year to orbit the Sun. The time it takes our solar system to complete one orbit of the galaxy is referred to as the galactic year. Values for the galactic year vary between 200 and 250 million Earth years.

the Galactic Plane, & the densely packed, dark rift area of that plane is 26K light years away... it is also occupied by the Galactic Centers' Black Hole structure of dense matter..

and 'we' pass through this equatorial plane any where from every 42-60 million years... all other visual passings are just 'Apparent intersectings, brought about by our perspective from our position in our orbit around the Galaxy.

physically crossing the Galactic Plane is hoock-um... the photon belt is hoock-um..

thanks for your time

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
just keeping the discussion going....

it is my opinion that whenever our solar system actually intersects with the Galactic Plane [which has both more planets/Suns/ Stars between our vantage point and the Galactic Center]

That the Milky Way will be brighter... but the Galactic Center Black-Hole will appear to be even blacker-darker
because the band of the Milky-Way will have even more Stars/Suns that will be shining their light in out direction and unblocked by other dark-matter or molecular clouds to obscure the light emmited from those sources closer to the Core (Sagittarius A)

but over all the % of additional light sources would be neglegible in realistic terms. imho

have a nice day

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Thats not NASA's web site. NASA didnt say this. This is a dooms day blog not an actual news site and none of the information on it is correct. You'd think people would check their sources before starting a thread but this is ATS and if it sticks to the wall we wont call it $hit.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by smurfy

Zagari has not posted here so you are confusing to say the least. Zagari has received some very strong approvals from me for testing his understanding of TWZ. I applauded his efforts and I continue to applaud his efforts. It matters little if I or you or anyone else is a believer in an idea. What matters is whether or not the idea stands up to testing. Zagari is testing and what I see in him is that he is doing so in a commendable manner.

On the other hand this thread is about a hoax and lies.

It's Zangari, and he's not fake, and he didn't predict an Ice age, what he did was to forecast accurately a northern europe severe winter for 2010 at a -10° below average, with his contention that it was caused by the gulf oil spill, causing the gulf stream to falter.

Except his prediction was based on basic errors and ignorance of ocean currents, and the cold weather we had in Nov/Dec 2010 had nothing at all to do with the Deepwater disaster.

Well I'm glad you understand how the 2010, (extreme low temperature) winter occurred since no one else seemed to know or was prepared for it, although Zangari was worried enough to make a statement about it. Strange that, from a person who does not exist. As I recall he mentioned somewhere a possible -10° from the norm, winter temperatures in northern europe, locally it was more than that, our nearest station, Katesbridge recorded -20° and it was colder where I am. His name should be on this list,

www.lnf.infn.it...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

Astrology has NOTHING to do with astromony. Astrology is game playing and nothing more. Astronomy is the actual study of the stars and space. There is no age of Aquarius.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jordanAKbramsen
reply to post by mainidh

yes, but you know there would be concequences if they were trying to alert us, assasination. Even still, they are just giving us facts, facts that are in your face and you really will see in time... very soon...

Sorry but the fact is there were no facts in this article.
It is not a NASA source. There is no dark rift. Gimmie a break already.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Just look at the nonsense on this site thought:
www.solar-storm-warning.com...

Executive Team: NASA, The National Academy of Science, NOAA

So what is this saying exactly? The people behind this website are claiming to work with these agencies? I think I might contact these agencies and give them a heads up. "Someone calling themselves Alexei Dmitri (sp) is claiming to work with you and is using your name to push their doomsday theory. Just thought you'd like to know."

Watch this site get knocked offline. Is it legal to claim to work for NASA or NOAA when you don't? Don't think so.

*****OK, here's my (perhaps Skunkworks) conspiracy theory about this site:
I think it was created by people at National Geographics to push their doomsday documentaries and now, Doomsday Preppers. Look at how they plug the heck out of NG and that show.
would a legitimate astrophysicist make it a point of plugging Doomsday Preppers!? It's not even focused on solar events. Yes, it's mentioned now and again but still.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join