It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Freemasons around?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELectricalApprentice

Originally posted by ExCloud
Honestly who would want to be a free-mason they are not free. They are the same tools we are. Bound by laws set by our government and they are nothing. Some people can say this country is ran by them, but its not. They are a waste of space on our planet earth. They are people who think they will run this world some day, but dont realize that someone else is probably planning the same thing just not as dumb as they were to make them selves known. You screw one you screw yourself.

Are you speaking from experience? When you say *tools*, how do you mean? How do you know they think they will run the world someday?

The world runs the same as any construction company. You have your nails. Then supplies. Then You have your tools. Then you have the finished product. I know as I work construction I think I know and will be the best like my dad is, He actually is, but Im not a tool like him. I know even though he does the best work around here there is always someone better(its not me yet trust me), but even though he was known as the best I know personally people who have done better. Its all the same if "free-mason" is the top of the top well where is the real top they have been around since forever. So someone has outdone them.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Honestly who would want to be a free-mason they are not free. They are the same tools we are. Bound by laws set by our government and they are nothing. Some people can say this country is ran by them, but its not. They are a waste of space on our planet earth. They are people who think they will run this world some day, but dont realize that someone else is probably planning the same thing just not as dumb as they were to make them selves known. You screw one you screw yourself.

Are you speaking from experience? When you say *tools*, how do you mean? How do you know they think they will run the world someday?

The world runs the same as any construction company. You have your nails. Then supplies. Then You have your tools. Then you have the finished product. I know as I work construction I think I know and will be the best like my dad is, He actually is, but Im not a tool like him. I know even though he does the best work around here there is always someone better(its not me yet trust me), but even though he was known as the best I know personally people who have done better. Its all the same if "free-mason" is the top of the top well where is the real top they have been around since forever. So someone has outdone them.

Ya know, I don't want to state the obvious, but, tools are pretty important when it comes to building. Agreed?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Ya know, I don't want to state the obvious, but, tools are pretty important when it comes to building. Agreed?

Yep and if you compare tools to construction you have the total wrong meaning. Grow up and think!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Yep and if you compare tools to construction you have the total wrong meaning. Grow up and think!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
lie to me again!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Oh you were serious?! Pardon me... Bwahahaha

reply to post by ExCloud

Well that was just rude.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

Doubtful you'd find anyone at the lodge just whenever you show up, and if you arrived unannounced when a meeting was going on, or about to commence, I'd bet you'd be viewed with some level of suspicion as someone being idlely curious.

I say use the internet - Google "Masonic Lodge", and your state/province, and/or your municipality. Many lodges have websites, or at least contact information on the 'net. There is likely a lodge in your municipality, or one very near where you live. Get into contact with someone at the lodge in that manner, then they may decide to meet you in person - at your home, at their home, or at a "neutral" spot (or via phone) and chit-chat with you. If you break the ice that way, I think you'd be welcomed on a visit more than just showing up.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
Doubtful you'd find anyone at the lodge just whenever you show up, and if you arrived unannounced when a meeting was going on, or about to commence, I'd bet you'd be viewed with some level of suspicion as someone being idlely curious.

This happens at my lodge with some regularity. We have no issue with it and always invite the person to have dinner with us prior to our meeting. It affords a good opportunity to meet some of the Brethren and the person can collect their required signatures quite easily.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You want answers without doing the work. There are many Masons on ATS. Most wont tell you they are. I dont think you 'd fit in due to your apparent lack of initiative in not researching available info. Theres tons and tons of it on-line.

So, its not as simple as knowcking on the door. Wait a few years...research it all on your own. Once you do THAT...you'll see why initiative is important...and so is being INVITED to be sponsored to join.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
...and so is being INVITED to be sponsored to join.

No one is supposed to be invited to join in my jurisdiction.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tobashadow

Originally posted by Saurus

- Have a belief in a Supreme Being (The test is a 'yes' or 'no' answer to the question "Do you believe in a Supreme being?")

This one may be a issue for me, I believe there is something out there but it is not a God of any known human religion.

The question is simply:
"Do you believe in a Supreme Being?"

If the answer if yes, you qualify.
If the answer is no, you don't.
You have to pick one of the above. Extrapolation is not an option.

How you understand or interpret the Supreme Being, if applicable, is completely up to you, and never asked of you.

I have the same problem with joining the English Version of the Scottish Rite. I have to give a yes or no answer to the question:
"Do you believe in the Trinitarian Christian Faith?"

I sort of do, but see it differently from others (i.e. I see Jesus as a prophet and not as the Messiah, and I see the Trinity as being a parallel to the Trinity in other religions.) However, I must answer yes, or no, and I am not ready to do that yet, so I cannot join the order.
edit on 18/6/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I don't think speaking in circles is doing much to help the op get the answers he was looking for.. As you can tell op, there are many different camps and they have their opinions on freemasons.. but often times it's far from the reality of things.

You've gotten some good advice so far.. go meet with them and see what you walk away with.. your experience will be your own.. you might be disappointed by the lack of mysticism but you might be delighted at the quality of the people.. either way, who can you trust but your own experience.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You can show up to the lodge if you like. You will be welcomed.

Personally, I would recommend calling the secretary of the local lodge first and have a chat. More than likely, he'll invite you to dinner. If you just show up to the lodge, you may miss a free dinner. I would never miss out on a free dinner.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

I don't think speaking in circles is doing much to help the op get the answers he was looking for.. As you can tell op, there are many different camps and they have their opinions on freemasons.. but often times it's far from the reality of things.

You've gotten some good advice so far.. go meet with them and see what you walk away with.. your experience will be your own.. you might be disappointed by the lack of mysticism but you might be delighted at the quality of the people.. either way, who can you trust but your own experience.

Quite true. I'm not exactly sure tho I would make for good material tho. Unfortunately I have some items of a criminal record from my younger years. Nothing serious, but a criminal record all the same. I think for now, i'll just check out some Manly P. Hall stuff, check out the Lodge webpages. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out, thank you!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by losthermit
You can show up to the lodge if you like. You will be welcomed.

Personally, I would recommend calling the secretary of the local lodge first and have a chat. More than likely, he'll invite you to dinner. If you just show up to the lodge, you may miss a free dinner. I would never miss out on a free dinner.

haha! I hear that, I mean, even if I couldn't become a member, it'd be an experience to just hang out with some of them. And who says no to a free dinner?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Why do you want to join?, You seem to know little about freemasonry. My advice would be to read as much as you can before making up your mind.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zhenyghi

When I was Tyler of my Lodge, I had a few people show up once who were curious. I sat and talked with them during the entire meeting. Most of them were not pushy towards me so I was not suspicious.

reply to post by mysterioustranger

I did plenty of research when I went in, but I've initiated men who came in blind as a bat in regards to Freemasonry.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow

Why do you want to join?, You seem to know little about freemasonry. My advice would be to read as much as you can before making up your mind.

I know a little bit. I used to believe the Freemasons were an essential piece of what I perceived to be a global conspiracy to enslave the masses. I'm at least a little more clear headed these days. I guess the main reason I would've liked to join would be to meet some people around my age who may or may not be able or willing to help me develop into a better person. It's probably something I could achieve on my own, but I guess I lack *direction*. Plus it never hurts to meet new people who could become friends.

In truth, I feel bad regarding my anti-new world order days where all I could see in the world was bad. I was projecting my own negative reality onto the world and telling myself that what was wrong with the world was other people, when in fact, all I needed to change my world was to change the way I think about it.

I was walking around telling people that Freemasons were involved in this grand plot to rule us all, to kill the majority of us(Georgia Guidestones?). I never spoke to one Mason about it, just assumed it. Now, I suppose I would like to balance all that negative activity, with some positive ones.

I don't know a lot about it, which is why I think i'm here? To try and talk to some members, and use my own faculties to judge whether or not they seem like people i'd want to have as friends(if they would have someone like me).

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Correct. It is important as you know, that before he inquires of joining...to know just a bit more about it than he does now. We know the answers certainly are not secret.

Im not sure he even knows WHY he wants to join...except for supposed "secret-society" stuff he's read here and elsewhere. Not a good reason, agreed?
*(Family affiliation is Masonic and Order of the Eastern Star. We go back to the 1800's.)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I would've liked to join would be to meet some people around my age who may or may not be able or willing to help me develop into a better person. It's probably something I could achieve on my own, but I guess I lack *direction*. Plus it never hurts to meet new people who could become friends.

Really? Join a 'society' with 'secrets' just to make a few friends that can motivate you?. All you need to do is hang around with ambitious like minded individuals, talk to some elderly people etc.....It's not worth it in my opinion.

Something tells me you still believe the masons rule the world hence your sudden decision to join. I'm sure all the masons here will tell you, hard work = progress, becoming a mason does not guarantee success in life.
edit on 18-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join