It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Freemasons around?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have been contemplating the organization for several years. I have never had the chance to meet one in *real-life*, but I am curious to know, how would I know whether or not i'm the type of person the Freemasons would accept and welcome? I understand there's some kind of vetting process, yes? Is it like a credit check, only better?

I would prefer not to waste anyone's time, if I know the chances of becoming one are slim to none. I would appreciate any feedback, and thank you in advance!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

My grandfather is a free mason, but I never met my mom's dad yet. My mom says he's a very mentally disturbed person, but I'm curious to call him and find out what he's done in the free mason society. The universal knowledge acquired by free masons either make them or break them.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgspecial19

The universal knowledge acquired by free masons either make them or break them.

could you elaborate on that?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

In mainstream masonry you must be an adult male, have a belief in a supreme being, and must not be a felon. If you are unemployed you are encouraged to find work before seeking admission to put your house in order before joining.You must have two Brothers to sign your petition recommending you. You may already know a Mason, but if not, you may meet before a Lodge night or at a meet-up. Best of luck.

Edit to add: in mixed Freemasonry the same requirements except men AND women may join and no statement of faith is required.
edit on 18-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

In mainstream masonry you must be an adult male, have a belief in a supreme being, and must not be a felon. If you are unemployed you are encouraged to find work before seeking admission to put your house in order before joining.You must have two Brothers to sign your petition recommending you. You may already know a Mason, but if not, you may meet before a Lodge night or at a meet-up. Best of luck.

so i'm assuming then, that the vetting process itself, is probably part and parcel of the secrecy of the organization? do i go to a lodge and knock on the door, or how does it happen?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELectricalApprentice

I have been contemplating the organization for several years. I have never had the chance to meet one in *real-life*, but I am curious to know, how would I know whether or not i'm the type of person the Freemasons would accept and welcome? I understand there's some kind of vetting process, yes? Is it like a credit check, only better?

I would prefer not to waste anyone's time, if I know the chances of becoming one are slim to none. I would appreciate any feedback, and thank you in advance!

Then do not waste your own time.

Freemasons worship Samiaza the fallen one with one eye to view his failure for all eternity as punishment.

Moses called Jesus the God who dwells on the moon because as Mohammed said the Dajjal is one eyed and Allah is not.

They are a brand of Sun worship where an interpretation with more truth would be that God is symbolized in the sun with Jesus a reflection/ incarnation in the material realm. Just look at the one off alignment around 6bc which was extra special due to the lunar eclipse.

Bismillah and Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

Originally posted by ELectricalApprentice

Then do not waste your own time.

Freemasons worship Samiaza the fallen one with one eye to view his failure for all eternity as punishment.

Moses called Jesus the God who dwells on the moon because as Mohammed said the Dajjal is one eyed and Allah is not.

They are a brand of Sun worship where an interpretation with more truth would be that God is symbolized in the sun with Jesus a reflection/ incarnation in the material realm. Just look at the one off alignment around 6bc which was extra special due to the lunar eclipse.

Bismillah and Peace

I'm sorry, i'm unclear, are you a Freemason? What do you know about, dialectics? I can go as far as saying, I believe in some sort of serious creative force that would at least explain all this. The names are like product labels. Coke Pepsi ~ Polarity, know what I mean? Do I have to say I believe in a male deity to get in?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Find a Lodge near you, they usually put the Lodge night schedule on the building itself. Show up a half hour before their meeting time and introduce yourself. Tell them of your interest in joining the Fraternity. The brethren will be friendly and happy that you stopped by.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Find a Lodge near you, they usually put the Lodge night schedule on the building itself. Show up a half hour before their meeting time and introduce yourself. Tell them of your interest in joining the Fraternity. The brethren will be friendly and happy that you stopped by.

there's actually one really close to where I live, but i dont suppose theyd be open at this hour, on Sunday of all days!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

FBB is not a Mason nor versed in the facts of Freemasonry, nothing to be learned unless you must understand ignorance and superstition.

No brother will ask you to define your relationship with the divine more than do you believe? Good enough.
If you aren't Jewish or Christian, you may ask that you make your promises on the book that you believe is holy.

I know Brethren of every faith.
edit on 18-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

FBB is not a Mason nor versed in the facts of Freemasonry, nothing to be learned unless you must understand ignorance and superstition.

No brother will ask you to define your relationship with the divine more than do you believe? Good enough.

I know Brethren of every faith.

That's very reassuring actually, thank you for saying that. I understand the members are involved in charitable causes, which also, is very reassuring.

It's a big question really you know. To try and become a Freemason. There's so much anti-new world order sentiment associated with it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I am initiated of the spirit body, often portrayed as a green man (osiris) and plant bodies (sun worship aspect) by initiate artists or the plant growing from the coffin of masonic ritual.

Your body is a temple and there is no need learn the 'Craft' to develop one of your own.

I will not tell you what to do I will merely remind you that the Masons do not work with brick and mortar.

Ps

May I remind you that the Hells Angels are also involved in charitable activities as well as many organized crime heads.

Such is merely an end to acquire appearances.

One may believe in God and still worship the fallen.
edit on 18-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I am initiated of the spirit body, often portrayed as a green man (osiris) and plant bodies (sun worship aspect) by initiate artists or the plant growing from the coffin of masonic ritual.

Your body is a temple and there is no need learn the 'Craft' to develop one of your own.

I will not tell you what to do I will merely remind you that the Masons do not work with brick and mortar.

Ps

May I remind you that the Hells Angels are also involved in charitable activities as well as many organized crime heads.

Such is merely an and to acquire appearances.
edit on 18-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

What do you mean, my body is a temple? can you elaborate on that notion?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Look into the design of temples through history there is plenty of information for you to uncover.

The vitruvian man is a nice place to start.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Look into the design of temples through history there is plenty of information for you to uncover.

The vitruvian man is a nice place to start.

So temples are important in some way, concerning history? I spose i'll have to google The Vitruvian Man...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Here is a primer to build upon.

The pentagram encodes the procession of the sun and zodiac, among other things such as the 8 year journey of Venus and the 5 elements.

David Flynn offers more info in video format if you do not want to go hunting through books to get the basics down.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Here is a primer to build upon.

The pentagram encodes the procession of the sun and zodiac, among other things such as the 8 year journey of Venus and the 5 elements.

David Flynn offers more info in video format if you do not want to go hunting through books to get the basics down.

Sorry, I think we're getting a little off-topic here. I was hoping to speak to Freemasons about possibly joining. I'll check out your video, though. Thanks for your own insights! And to be clear, this video was not made by Freemasons right?
edit on 18-6-2012 by ELectricalApprentice because: blush response

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

You are an initiate? May I ask in what, specifically, you were initiated? Are there others who are suspicious of your group or belief?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Just as a small aside, you will be more than welcome. They'll be delighted. Masonic membership in the US has been falling steadily since 1959, according to the Masonic Service Association. www.msana.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

You are an initiate? May I ask in what, specifically, you were initiated? Are there others who are suspicious of your group or belief?

I stated quite plainly what I have been initiated to. Unless you are suspicious then it is no concern of mine.

What else would you like to know?

Did you think there was a monopoly out there?
edit on 18-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: Non Serviam

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join