It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 mph Super Typhoon Sets Aim at Japan: Fukushima near center of forecast track

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
enenews.com...

Ran across this on another site. I know that ATS has its own forum on Japan so I figured you guys might be interested in the news.

In fact, the main threat the storm poses to the main island of Japan will be its torrential rains. Heavy rain could lead to mudslides and flash flooding, especially in the mountains just west of Tokyo.

So it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot to worry about just yet. But, just the thought that these people have to deal with this again is saddening. I'm sure they are weary and concerned with ANY severe weather in the region right now.

Also, it seems that there may be a little sensationalism in the title. Not sure. But, if anybody with more knowledge in meteorology or with the Japan situation has anything to add, feel free to chime in.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i think it because the fukushima radiation, change the weather condition..

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The consequences that entail, would affect the entire planet in a very negative way.

I really, really fear this.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Oh no these poor people! Ill be sending my prayers, although I know most of ATS has yet to believe. Hopefully it sounds worse than what it will be. The last thing they need in Japan is another disaster. Keep us updated OP and thanks for bringing this to attention.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

Japan is really getting hit...

and hard...

I feel bad for them.

If it happen to you, how would you react?

These people are trying survive like you or me in a state that they never asked for, from idiots.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

How would it really affect the world? In global terms, the amount of radiation is miniscule, and even if it's picked up by a typhoon it's not going to cause any kind of major world changing damage.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Sometimes in life it seems like the hits just keep coming. I hope and pray for them. They have endured much and need a break for sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Wont be anywhere near that strong when it gets there. The water is cold.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well I have room for 1 family to stay at my home if they ever need somewhere to move after the disaster...dead serious as long as they can support themselves and be of pure spirit

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

NO....................

G bless them, hasn't japan suffered enough???

i hope they hunker down and stay safe, NOT A SINGLE MORE SHOULD DIE!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I pray for my family and all the citizens
I too hope this sounds worse that it will get! They're gone through so much.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

you wrong when you say miniscale..
read this : io9.com...
And this : ecocentric.blogs.time.com...

Huge Typhoon + Radioactive MIX..= How Bad??

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

I now know I am taking a break from this website.
Your title made me instantly jump to a typhoon class submarine going fast as heck towards Japan. What the... Is wrong with me?

I hope it cools off before it hits. I don't know how much structural integrity that building still holds onto.
Maybe it wont do anything at all? I'm going to go with that.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

Could you elaborate more on your response perhaps? The poster was asking a perfectly valid question and instead of addressing it you made a pathetic attempt to slander them.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TetsuoIronMan

Could you elaborate more on your response perhaps? The poster was asking a perfectly valid question and instead of addressing it you made a pathetic attempt to slander them.

No need to slander him, such a retarded remark concerning 3-4 melted reactors is not to be allowed...

Edit: you must be like human(somenumbers) also stating that this is a non issue and everything is fine.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Juanxlink because: Add edit

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

On a GLOBAL SCALE, the amount of radiation released by Fukushima IS miniscule. If you look at the amount of radiation that is released from natural sources every year, it's a very small amount. The difference is that it was all released in one place.

But did you actually READ the levels that those articles mentioned? In one, at 20km from Fukushima, you would have to stand outside for 27 DAYS to reach the maximum allowed limit for a nuclear plant worker in the US. The ground contamination would take a YEAR to reach the levels after Chernobyl that would trigger land use controls. The water never even reached a level considered dangerous for INFANTS to drink. People were told not to let them drink it, just to be safe, but it never reached their dangerous levels.

A typhoon hitting the area is NOT going to become dangerous from the radiation, or spread massive amounts of radiation after crossing Japan.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I'm sorry for having learned about radiation and not instantly freaking out when I hear the word. I'm so sorry for not standing here screaming "THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!" like everyone else does when they hear the evil R word. I'm sorry for doing research into things. Please forgive me, I'll do better next time.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Im fairly sure they raised the maximum dose levels last year!

You know what concerns me isnt radioactive rain though. They already dumped probably millions of gallons of primary cooling system water in the freakin ocean.

What concerns me is the condition of the spent fuel pool above unit 4. If it breaks and drains from the typhoon.....and if the area gets flooded and no one can access the plant.....that fuel will catch on fire...

Thatll be fun

Im also positive theres fuel rods in the ocean....
edit on 18-6-2012 by phroziac because: rods

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Even if they did raise the dose levels, they're still low enough that it would take a LOT of exposure to get sick from it, or to cause major damage to the area.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join