It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiment for ATSers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Think of everyone you know called Sam or Samuel. I find them (myself included) to be extremely outgoing and chatty people. Love joking around and pulling friendly pranks on people and tend to be slightly sensitive.

I won't go into more detail as not to bias your findings but give it an honest try!

Think of everyone you know called Ben or Benjamin. Notice any reoccurring similarities?

What about people called Dan or Daniel?

What about George or John or David??

Silly subject I know and this will get laughed off by a lot here but I genuinely believe our birth dates and chosen names have a lot to do with our personality whether one comes after the other or not I am not sure. Some people here will agree with me as a few observant friends I have quizzed about this have agreed with me.

/Flame shield activated.
Trolls... approaching.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Ah, nominative determinism, eh...

Perhaps we should just for fun list all the names and jobs where they were either totally appropriate, or totally inappropriate.

eg: Thomas Crapper

Or perhaps the mythical Otto Titsling.

edit on 17/6/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Think of everyone you know called Sam or Samuel. I find them (myself included) to be extremely outgoing and chatty people. Love joking around and pulling friendly pranks on people and tend to be slightly sensitive.

My daughter is Samantha, or, Sam for short.

It takes a bit for "Outgoing and chatty", but, she does warm up to people eventually.

She, like a LOT of people, loves joking around. She does get in on some minor, fun, pranking, but, not really.

OVER sensitive most of the time.

No more than any other 14 year-old girls, though.

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

I won't go into more detail as not to bias your findings but give it an honest try!

Think of everyone you know called Ben or Benjamin. Notice any reoccurring similarities?

What about George or John or David??

Silly subject I know and this will get laughed off by a lot here but I genuinely believe our birth dates and chosen names have a lot to do with our personality whether one comes after the other or not I am not sure. Some people here will agree with me as a few observant friends I have quizzed about this have agreed with me.

/Flame shield activated.
Trolls... approaching.

The two Sam's I know are extremely introverted and not very emotional.
I can only think of one Ben at the moment, a little on the "obnoxious" side.
The Dan's/Daniels I have known are very easy going.
John and David have very wide ranges.
Hope that helps in your data collection

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

My best friend was named Daniel, he was funny as hell, big sob to but was also a careless thrill seeker

new topics

top topics

join