It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1998 Al Qaeda Hijacker Arrests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't recall if I have ever done a thread here or not. However, I did get in a stack (hundreds of pages) of stuff from the CIA a few days ago and noticed something that was new (to me anyways). Seems in December of 1998 two guys were arrested in either NYC or DC for running recon on airport security in preparation for an AQ hijacking in the US. Anyone have further information regarding the two suspects?

edit on 17-6-2012 by 911files because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 911files

that is interesting, i have never heard anyone talk of this before.
i will be waiting to see if anyone does have anymore information

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

whats the origin of these images? How did you happen to read cia docs? Well.. They look odd.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnycashed

I've put out an "all points" to my media and researcher contacts for more information, but seems like this is new to everyone so far.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

whats the origin of these images? How did you happen to read cia docs? Well.. They look odd.

All of us NWO guys get to read cia docs silly

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

classic.. Flagged. Good luck with more information.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

If those are legit they knew the attack was coming 3 years before it happened. They even say they ran into trouble and postponed it. Those are about the most redacted pages I have ever seen btw.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Well that is about how I would expect a FOIA secret doc to be redacted. Whether it's real or not that's what I would expect the FOIA to get you.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Myendica

Well that is about how I would expect a FOIA secret doc to be redacted. Whether it's real or not that's what I would expect the FOIA to get you.

You are correct. Got a stack of several hundred pages in a few days ago. One of the documents is around 5 pages completely redacted (blank pages). Not sure why they wasted the paper to print that one out to send. Many others are just like these, completely redacted except a sentence or two.

By the way, I'm shipping these to a colleague tomorrow and he is going to scan them and post them in the 911 Document Archive.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Classic misinformation put out by the United States Government to try and reinforce their official story claiming that Osama Bin Ladin and Al Qaeda orchestrated the events on 9/11.
These documents have psy ops written all over them.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MNnativeamer
Classic misinformation put out by the United States Government to try and reinforce their official story claiming that Osama Bin Ladin and Al Qaeda orchestrated the events on 9/11.
These documents have psy ops written all over them.

Well that is real helpful in answering the OP question.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

If those are legit they knew the attack was coming 3 years before it happened. They even say they ran into trouble and postponed it. Those are about the most redacted pages I have ever seen btw.

Like seriously, if that doesn't say it all.

cough..

complicit...

Cough cough...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Wrong post. Sorry. Delete.
edit on 18-6-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
With a few out of context lines in a disclosed CIA document it is impossible to tell what this document is talking about all we can do is speculate. If there is more information then perhaps we could try to figure it out but right now its just talking about two arrests, it doesn’t even seem to specify when these arrests took place nor is this document even dated which would really help with figuring out what it is talking about. this could be about Ahmed Ressam but this document talks about two people being arrested
edit on 18-6-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The CIA used typewriters in 1998?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Apparently it was all somewhat shabby prior to 9/11...not just the CIA type writers.

The event itself made America a great security/tech wise country it is today. Before that...you could practically bring your rocket launcher in to an airplane. Nothing worked before. Aaah...the good times.

/end sarc

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Remember back in 1980's going on dive trip to Bahamas our dive club was a walking arsenal

Dive knives, spear guns, you name it

Got on with a Ka- Bar in my carry ons

Any hijacker on that flight would have been dead meat.........

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
After looking the docs over, I must say that this is the neatest redacting I have ever seen.

I think it is also the first I have seen using white squares. This is usually done with what would appear to be a black paint brush. I have also never seen a redacted document which leaves names so clearly visible.

It's kind of like they wanted someone to really notice them and the information to be about them.

I will admit, I have not seen every redacted document ever sent out. I can only make a judgement compared to the ones I have seen.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
A colleague sent me this from History Commons:

The FBI, FAA, and New York City Police Department get versions of the PDB report. Later in December and again in January 1999 the source says the hijacking has been postponed because two operatives have been arrested in Washington or New York. But the FBI is unable to find any information to support the threat nor is it able to verify any arrests similar to what the source described, and the source remains mysterious.

Well, not so much anymore. Their "source" was the CIA. What is intriguing now is who was the CIA's source? In any event, at least according to the FBI and NYPD, the arrests did not happen.
edit on 18-6-2012 by 911files because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Additional from the 911 Commission Report (pages 129 - 130):

On Friday, December 4, 1998, the CIA included an article in the Presidential Daily Brief describing intelligence, received from a friendly government, about a threatened hijacking in the United States.

The intelligence community could learn little about the source of the information. Later in December and again in early January 1999, more information arrived from the same source, reporting that the planned hijacking had been stalled because two of the operatives, who were sketchily described, had been arrested near Washington,D.C.or NewYork.After investigation,the FBI could find no information to support the hijack threat; nor could it verify any arrests like those described in the report.The FAA alert at the NewYork area airports ended on January 31, 1999.113

So not new. Just new to me.

new topics

top topics

join