It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A profound dream with a message - Help me decipher the symbolics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Apologies but it was 2 am in my morning I had to go to sleep. Like I said it could have been either. It was referred to in my dream as the 'crocodile of time' however it had a thick snout which made me refer to it as alligator. It was larger than a house, standing on it's hind legs resting it's right hand on the house. It said nothing, didn't pay me any mind, just materialized in profile. (As if it had been there the whole time only I could not see it before). It never moved the one eye i could see to look at me either. So to be able to tell if it was indeed alligator or crocodile would be very difficult given that fact. And I am no expert on that animal at all.

So if you can give me any other pointers as to what is the difference between one or the other I might be able to tell which it actually was. I hope it helps

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
reply to post by Trashleigh

I personally went with alligator because she mentioned it first. The build up was so long that I almost gave up, lol. J/k.

OP, I know you said you'd be back tomorrow but a good explanation tonight would be great. I am not taking shots at you but I see too many people asking for interpretations or saying they see symbols but will offer no real info.

Just say it. Nothing is wrong because it is all opened to interpretation.

I don't really understand your point about 'Just say it. Nothing is wrong...' . I never said anything was wrong in fact everything is perfect. What is the real info you would like? It was a dream and I clearly explained why I posted here and also posted the complete dream as it was remembered. And if you read on you will see that I also posted my own interpretation of the dream.

So please go ahead and ask your question and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
edit on 18/6/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
reply to post by IAmD1

When we are children time isn't an issue, everything melds into one long experience. Once we learn to be slaves to the clock, everything falls into place and we start setting mental milestones.Time is just a measurement, a way to give us a beginning and an end, makes sense considering we mostly think in a linear pattern. Time is a figment of our imaginations.

However aging happens which can be seen as proof of 'time' in a sense. Change happens in awareness/understanding which can also be seen as 'time' happening. So the measurement of change is time I guess which is what I think the dream was also showing me. Time is very real and experienced only in relation to an event. Inside the event bubble 'time/change' occurs but outside of it nothing happens, nothing changes everything is already

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

aligator-ancient survivor in a changing world when the dinosaurs dissappeared
only the strongest survive - those who can adapt or be in the right place at the right time

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

First, my compliments for your ability to put it all into words so good.

It sure seems unexplainable; past present and future all occur at the same time?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Aging is just us wearing out. There are certain ways to temporarily forget the concept of time.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
reply to post by IAmD1

It sure seems unexplainable; past present and future all occur at the same time?

Thank you...

Yes those were my thoughts before the dream but after the dream it became more apparent how it works.Like a one track (not song but 1 score rather) LP the needle just goes around and around and the journey around might be slightly different each time to the perception of the needle. The needle of the record player is traveling but never go anywhere (like in my dream). It is always in the same place in the space-time continuum, because really what is moving is the record not the needle (i.e you never move) and in actuality the record never moves it just turns in it's place.

For every apparent revolution a number of events could happen or not but bottom line is you always end up back at the beginning of the cycle and the deeper reality is you never moved at all (nor did the reality around you). And nothing has really changed, the cycle is the same as the last only your awareness is different making for the illusion that things move in a linear fashion and that they happen as a sequence of events.

The house (time bubble is the illusory boundary of the event that you engage in and it is separate from other events only because your awareness is focused within that boundary and unable to see the whole picture. These awareness time bubbles can also be seen as dimensions. Where several people can by their combined awareness create a larger bubble separating them from other unified awareness and their bubbles.(Hence we are all happening and here at the same time, us, aliens, spirits, past present and future only separated by the thin veil of our own focus. .... maybe

I hope that made sense too.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

Nice thoughts, maybe even those who are aware that they are always here will be just that. Alligators primitive mind might be exactly what is needed to withstand the test of time. Because it never doubts it's being here, it is here and strong in it's place I wonder if alligator/crocks mind is so simplistic that it can not see itself as different from everything else, all of it's doings being instinctual and in the now. Thinking about other ancient animals such as the shark they do seem to display a similar type of mind. And humans at their strongest most effective are focused only on the task at hand with no concern for what is next or what came before it. Maybe that is the wisdom of alligator??

Thank you for your reply that spawned the above thoughts in mine

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

The question is are we really wearing out? What is wearing out .The illusion or our reality?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

The forest represents your religious up bringing, fundamental Christian, however the moss means that you feel spiritually stagnant about where 'you' fit in presently. You can no longer accept spirituality/religiosity as it has been presented in your life and like a little vulnerable child lost in the woods, you continue moving forward.

The white house represents a blending of your past and present, your traditional values and the future of how you see an advancement bringing you towards a cleaner, more technologically, ecologically sound lifestyle.

The house also represents your mind, the way that you interact with your subconscious, unconsciously. This is a direct insight into being watchful of past situations which can cause repeats of lessons already learned.

An unconscious reminder to yourself that time is manmade, that in truth, everything is accessible only in the here now.

You are the witness.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1

Originally posted by loveguy
reply to post by IAmD1

Thank you...

Yes those were my thoughts before the dream but after the dream it became more apparent how it works.

For every apparent revolution a number of events could happen or not but bottom line is you always end up back at the beginning of the cycle and the deeper reality is you never moved at all (nor did the reality around you). And nothing has really changed, the cycle is the same as the last only your awareness is different making for the illusion that things move in a linear fashion and that they happen as a sequence of events.

The house (time bubble is the illusory boundary of the event that you engage in and it is separate from other events only because your awareness is focused within that boundary and unable to see the whole picture. These awareness time bubbles can also be seen as dimensions. Where several people can by their combined awareness create a larger bubble separating them from other unified awareness and their bubbles.(Hence we are all happening and here at the same time, us, aliens, spirits, past present and future only separated by the thin veil of our own focus. .... maybe

I hope that made sense too.

It makes sense to me, but I too have my own individual perspective; my way to try and interpret the info. The way you described it reminded me of ;

You're alot more in tune and can put it to words better.
I figure a part of evolution for us today is to open-up to new ideas as to how to co-exist rather than how to destroy each other.

Could creation have designed evolution in order to hide it's self?
We don't know things like that while we wait for the music to play releasing us from our bonds.

Some of us feel it on the inside though, others have to have it shown to them, even then they have to interpret it their own individual way.

I have this notion that "dark matter" is that substance left behind from things that once existed and made a conscious choice to fall out of existence, but because it had substance once, it will remain a substance forever.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Originally posted by IAmD1

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
The only thing that springs to mind here for me is...

I had a dream years ago as a child about a crocodile who attacked then ate my sister, I woke from that nightmare crying and couldn't stop thinking about it for years.

She died when I was 19 (in her 21st year)

I am so sorry to hear that and to be the one with the dream to remind you of it. I hope you will recover from her passing and find peace in your life (If you have not already done so)

Much love

Thank you, and please don't feel badly, it was a long time ago, reminders are sometimes a great thing too, it reinforces the why and the where you are today in a sense and how you got there. At least it does for me.

----------------

I wanted to add, and I know it's only a story but, isn't the crocodile the time keeper in pans story?
The one governed/fearful of time, was the only one who was truly afraid of him (being the pirate) Like he knew it was for him, the clock ticking. Pan doesn't concern himself with time
With regards to your dream, perhaps the time has come for a shake up (the act of picking up the dwelling and tossing it into the air) and that there is a time limit on something you are meant to do...

Just a thought...

That is really deep and profound, and its something that all can relate to. I am going to take that into meditation and start seeking on that concept.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by IAmD1

The forest represents your religious up bringing, fundamental Christian, however the moss means that you feel spiritually stagnant about where 'you' fit in presently. You can no longer accept spirituality/religiosity as it has been presented in your life and like a little vulnerable child lost in the woods, you continue moving forward.

The white house represents a blending of your past and present, your traditional values and the future of how you see an advancement bringing you towards a cleaner, more technologically, ecologically sound lifestyle.

The house also represents your mind, the way that you interact with your subconscious, unconsciously. This is a direct insight into being watchful of past situations which can cause repeats of lessons already learned.

An unconscious reminder to yourself that time is manmade, that in truth, everything is accessible only in the here now.

You are the witness.

Actually I never was, have or will belong to any religion. Nor did my parents so this is very far from the truth. My upbringing was very free of indoctrination of any kind. Past present and future are all one, and no 'mistake' made in 'the past' stopped me from getting here where I am now - on the contrary I do not believe in mistakes only learning though change, nor do i believe in a constant past - the past changes as much as the now and the future - they are one and the same - and completely linked to our own awareness.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Interesting thought on dark matter. I think of dark matter as matters waiting for some light to be shed on them. Meaning when we shine with the right amplitude and frequency at dark matter it will come to light. I.e it ceases to be dark to our perception. So for now dark matter is infinite potential imo.

When we say 25% of space is made up of dark matter and 70% of dark energy it sounds to me as if we are saying our awareness (bubble) occupies 5% of infinity.

Oh and Lauryn Hill is great (just had to throw that in there).

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Me thinks thou dost protest too much...

Well when it comes to orthodoxy it can work the same in opposite to how you were brought up. Dogma, no dogma is the same thing, same coin opposite side.

I do see patterns in your dream, and with that the deep seated need for change, for a discontinuity with you past.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

What are you protesting Antar?
If two sides of the coin is "orthodox Christian dogma" / "Everything else" then why mention the side that does least apply? It is OK for us to miss translate our intuitions how else are we to learn? When we have been corrected, in order to learn, it is important to accept at least the possibility that we may not have been correct this time....maybe?

Change happens to our awareness, repeat patterns happen for as long as they do, personal evolution happens.... I am interested in more of what you see regarding these necessary changes pertaining to the past. - everyone is a teacher

top topics

<< 1   >>

join