It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A profound dream with a message - Help me decipher the symbolics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So I had a dream couple of weeks ago with some very interesting imagery and after thinking on it for a day or so after, had me come to a very profound conclusion about reality.

But since I like to get other peoples input on important thoughts I have, I thought I'd post it here to hear what my fellow ATS:ers have to say about it. So I am not going to post what my conclusion was (just yet) after pondering the dream. I'll just describe the dream as best as i can on here in the hopes that someone will find it interesting enough to decipher.

I'm really interested in what if any of the imagery you can relate to well anything really, known symbolism, shamanic ideas, science, intuitive dream interpretation well what have you. Or simply what it makes you relate to in general. I'm not so interested in being told how to interpret dreams or how the dream relates to myself and my every day situation. ( I am quite aware of my own dreaming styles and how my mind assimilates what is on my mind into dream scenarios

Why this dream is significant is that it follows a pattern of unsual dreams that I have had that always seem to come with some sort of out of the ordinary understanding. And they follow the pattern of;

1. It is out of the ordinary in relation to how I usually dream

2. I was mid-dream taken out of the (dream movie) to become an observer and cleary was being shown something. (Now who was showing me is not so relevant to me, I really hold fast to no particular idea of how these things work, my higher mind, my ordinary brain, crazy brain chemistry, angels, demons, gods or aliens - it really doesn't matter to me how or why.) What is more important is how is what I was shown relevant or important for understanding reality and life.

So with out further a do here's how the dream unfolded. ( I am usually very much aware that I am dreaming when I do and this was no different. )

I am walking through an old forest, it reminds me of forest of old northern European fairy tales. Really tall pine trees, moss on the ground, stone rubble and quite damp. Apart from that nothing special about the forest.

So I am walking through this forest, when I come to a white house, which was more like something you would find in a sci-fi movie rather than an ancient fairytale sort of story. (I reflected over the contradiction). It was a rounded house, entirely white and made out of some sort of plastic and metallic material. I enter the door and one of my friends are inside. We have a very ordinary conversation. (But it seemed very scripted to me) The events that took place inside the house where very ordinary conversation and sequential very much like a movie. (I reflected over this also since most of my dreams are fairly abstract and this was not).

So this carries on for some time, just ordinary conversation and moving to different rooms, some silly disagreements and reconciliations but nothing that made sense to me as being particularly important. But the dream had me being very curious as it was so different to how i usually dream. It was just so plain and simplistic in style. However with one oddity which was that during our conversation I was aware that we were traveling in time. But we never ended up going anywhere.

So as our movie style conversation comes to an end and I'm about to leave the house I am suddenly removed out of the point of view of main character and instead see the forest and the house from an outside perspective, as if i am now watching the movie I was in. I have a wide view of both the forest and the house and as I am watching out of no where appears a giant alligator. It just stands there,in profile, with one big hand on the roof of the house. Then I see a person walking up to the house and i realize I am observing my self at the beginning of the original dream walking through the forest to see my friend at the house. I see myself enter the house, and am very much aware that the scenario that happens inside is an exact re-run of what I had just been dreaming moments before (then as the main character).

As soon as I am made aware of this fact. The giant alligator picks up the house, that is now more like a pod shape, and throws it into the air and into space where it disappears. Just as soon as it is thrown out there it return and lands in the exact same spot that it was only a split second before. The alligator places it's hand on the house again.

The alligator never looks at me or does anything but stand there in profile. But something about how the dream felt made me believe this was the alligator communicating with me, trying to show me something. And in my mind the word (Crocodile of time) just occurs and then the understanding that we are now looking at seconds before I came to the house (that is me and the alligator are back at the beginning of the dream) However this time I see myself exiting the house and walk away as the scenario that was inside the house has now come to an end). I immediately understood that the house (and the scenario inside it) moved forward in time however always came back to moments before it had left. Then I'm pulled out of the dream quite suddenly and wide awake.

I had a very odd surreal feeling all that day as you would after all that.

So that was the dream as best as i can describe it for now. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have and really hope some of you will find it engaging enough to interpret.

So everybody what say you? Anything there?

(Adding that my interpretation is that I was amongst other more personal things shown something about how time works in general. When I came to my conclusion after thinking about it I was like eureka!!) I promise I will tell what I got from it later ...

edit on 17/6/2012 by IAmD1 because: Adding time

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My assessment: You have a very clean and powerful pineal gland. Copious amounts of '___' in your brain thats for sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The only thing that springs to mind here for me is...

I had a dream years ago as a child about a crocodile who attacked then ate my sister, I woke from that nightmare crying and couldn't stop thinking about it for years.

She died when I was 19 (in her 21st year)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My interpretation? You may need to reconsider some of your belief practices, as in shake them up. Step out of what if comfortable and scripted. I'd bet that you are the kind of person who goes along with things even when you feel like there is a better pathway.

The forest represents your subconscious. The house represents your psyche and the dwelling place of your soul. White represents holiness and sacredness. The friend represents your comfort level. The alligator represents your primitive nature. Kinda like your inner instincts.

You wander through your subconscious and arrive at the dwelling place of your soul. You find your soul sacred and pure. You go inside and have a scripted conversation. Something pulls you out and allow yourself to see how mundane this situation is for you. You watch as your inner instincts step in and as soon as you arrive at your soul's dwelling it is toss into the air. This isn't a dangerous situation for you as you land in the same place. Your inner instinct then put its hand on your dwelling place again, waiting for your response.

That's all I got.
edit on 17-6-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here is my interpretation of the events.

A crocodile is a very ancient creature. They are reptiles, a more primitive brain.

I feel like the reptile was showing you your primal side, a more ancient, simpler side of your mind.

It may be symbolic of a long lost way of thinking that we may still be able to tap into.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

Why thank you ...I guess

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

I had a dream years ago as a child about a crocodile who attacked then ate my sister, I woke from that nightmare crying and couldn't stop thinking about it for years.

I am so sorry to hear that and to be the one with the dream to remind you of it. I hope you will recover from her passing and find peace in your life (If you have not already done so)

Much love

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
My interpretation? You may need to reconsider some of your belief practices, as in shake them up. Step out of what if comfortable and scripted. I'd bet that you are the kind of person who goes along with things even when you feel like there is a better pathway.

The forest represents your subconscious. The house represents your psyche and the dwelling place of your soul. White represents holiness and sacredness. The friend represents your comfort level. The alligator represents your primitive nature. Kinda like your inner instincts.

You wander through your subconscious and arrive at the dwelling place of your soul. You find your soul sacred and pure. You go inside and have a scripted conversation. Something pulls you out and allow yourself to see how mundane this situation is for you. You watch as your inner instincts step in and as soon as you arrive at your soul's dwelling it is toss into the air. This isn't a dangerous situation for you as you land in the same place. Your inner instinct then put its hand on your dwelling place again, waiting for your response.

That's all I got.
edit on 17-6-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

Very good I like this interpretation. It certainly gave me a new take on the meaning of the dream. Especially the soul part which is more to the point than you could ever know. Although I also took something much less related to me from the imagery, this was a very nice take on it.

Much love

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Sorry, I'm no good

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Here is my interpretation of the events.

A crocodile is a very ancient creature. They are reptiles, a more primitive brain.

I feel like the reptile was showing you your primal side, a more ancient, simpler side of your mind.

It may be symbolic of a long lost way of thinking that we may still be able to tap into.

I can relate to this. The reptile did use a very primitive way to give me the message, through imagery rather than words so i agree with this. I will give my interpretation of the dream symbolism and what the message gave me a little later I want to see if anyone else gets onto the topic that i related it to in the end. (Aside from what is personal to me). Time was most definitely a central issue though.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

I love it ...

I wonder how are you on the topic of time and reality?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Now there's something we could go on about.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

I am so sorry to hear that and to be the one with the dream to remind you of it. I hope you will recover from her passing and find peace in your life (If you have not already done so)

Much love

Thank you, and please don't feel badly, it was a long time ago, reminders are sometimes a great thing too, it reinforces the why and the where you are today in a sense and how you got there. At least it does for me.

----------------

I wanted to add, and I know it's only a story but, isn't the crocodile the time keeper in pans story?
The one governed/fearful of time, was the only one who was truly afraid of him (being the pirate) Like he knew it was for him, the clock ticking. Pan doesn't concern himself with time
With regards to your dream, perhaps the time has come for a shake up (the act of picking up the dwelling and tossing it into the air) and that there is a time limit on something you are meant to do...

Just a thought...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Wow interesting insight indeed!! I did briefly think about 'croc' in peter pan but funnily enough never related him to having swallowed the clock. Thank you for reminding me of that. The dream did give me a very interesting take on time. And yes time is important to me and the person in the dream also so it has a double message to that effect.
We are both very aware that there's only now and that anything we engage in is just a script, like an act we chose to observe or participate in. And I think both of us are at present deciding whether to engage in a movie together or let go and stay in the now reality outside of scripted events. However time is of essence as to making a decision on which it is if the script is what is chosen.

edit on 17/6/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
reply to post by IAmD1

Now there's something we could go on about.

Yes letss... what are your thoughts on the reality of time?

Since I was young I had a fascination with time. I used to have so many clocks and wrist watched etc. But I was never really interested in telling the time or felt the need to know what time it was. I just loved something about watches especially analogue ones. Since then now that i am older I've read various concepts of time and have formed my own idea that time is like any other dimension. Just something we use in order to process our experience however it is not a constant. These days I live in the now, knowing that there is only now all the time and as such everything is here now, and it's only my focus that makes it 'past' or present'.

What the dream showed me was even more profound. What i got from it was that 'time' is something we experience as we enter into scenarious. once we enter a scenario time passes constantly within that scenario but outside of it time never happens. Once the scenario ends we are back before we started ready to enter a new scenario at 0 again. However as we mostly go from one scenario (time bubble) straight to another we do not often experience the actual now that we are in. Now gives us multiple versions and outcomes to chose from but since we are so caught up in sequential time bubbles (events) we fail to see that we are always at here and time never really happens. We repeat the same pattern of entering and exiting events over and over but never move anywhere. This also in my view fits in with everything being cyclical, the end being the beginning and so forth.
Only rarely like in meditation do we get a glimpse of the real here and now, which I believe is what is referred to as nothingness in Buddhism.

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
On the topic of time... it's time for bed
so if there are replies I will respond in my tomorrow.

much love for now

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

When we are children time isn't an issue, everything melds into one long experience. Once we learn to be slaves to the clock, everything falls into place and we start setting mental milestones.Time is just a measurement, a way to give us a beginning and an end, makes sense considering we mostly think in a linear pattern. Time is a figment of our imaginations.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Was it an alligator or a crocodile? Was it's snout wide or thin?

This reminds me of something the ancient Egyptians would think of to explain some phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Trashleigh

I personally went with alligator because she mentioned it first. The build up was so long that I almost gave up, lol. J/k.

OP, I know you said you'd be back tomorrow but a good explanation tonight would be great. I am not taking shots at you but I see too many people asking for interpretations or saying they see symbols but will offer no real info.

Just say it. Nothing is wrong because it is all opened to interpretation.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trashleigh
Was it an alligator or a crocodile? Was it's snout wide or thin?

This reminds me of something the ancient Egyptians would think of to explain some phenomenon.

It had a thick snout (i.e alligator right)? But in my dream it was referred to as the 'crocodile of time' so to be honest i guess it could have been either. I only saw it in profile so it is hard to tell which. Also it was 'standing' on two hind legs and holding it's hand on the house .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join