It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero Of War - Rise Against ( Dont Call Us Heros Tribute )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
No honest Soldier , Marine , Airman or Seaman wants to be remembered as a Hero. They want what everybody wants....to be remembered at the right time doing the right thing.

www.youtube.com...

Life is tough, those of you who are not willing to put your life on the line...well, stand aside. You have nothing to add.

Today I honor as I do every day, the sacrifices that my brothers and sisters in arms that have made to make a better day for humanity.

Every day is Memorial Day. Remember it well. There are people who sacifice themselves so that you may live the life you live.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh right, thanks for the police state.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

Well, thanks for laying down.

Now we know that the average person cannot count on you to help when the time comes.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yeah well don't count on your "hero's" either they are too busy "just following orders" at the moment.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Don't do this, TDawg.

People need to stop worshipping the troops. It needs to stop once and for all.

Government and the education system don't encourage people to remember past wars in order to honour the dead; they do it in order to normalise war. To create a situation where war is something that people are constantly confronted by, so that in the end it seems like something routine, so that people in turn will continue to be willing to go to the next war, and the next, and the next.

Worship of the military is also not motivated by critical thinking. You do it purely because you've been taught to do it, and because of the degree of rampant, hysterical, unrestrained emotionalism that has become attached to it. There is no logic involved at all.

If I thought commemoration of soldiers served a positive purpose; if I thought it genuinely honoured them, and most importantly, if I thought it saved lives, then I would advocate it myself. It doesn't, however; it does the opposite. "Lest we forget," is a psychopathic lie.

I will also happily withstand any and all abuse I receive in response for making this post, and I will do so because I will know that said abuse will have been motivated by pure emotionalism, as I have mentioned; not rationality.

I believe that the most effective way that anyone can support the troops, is by making sure that their lives are not wasted at the whim of governmental and corporate psychopaths, in the first place.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I don't worship the troops...I was one of them and have stood up to my superiors and have slapped down my subordinates who have crossed the line.

And throughout it all, I have known that I have made a difference. I am but one man, but I do know that there are others who take the same stance.

We are all individuals, but overall, we DO make a difference. We may be in the Armed forces, but we are not the Armed Forces, ya know what I mean?

Maybe others should take the same stand?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

I will also happily withstand any and all abuse I receive in response for making this post, and I will do so because I will know that said abuse will have been motivated by pure emotionalism, as I have mentioned; not rationality.

I believe that the most effective way that anyone can support the troops, is by making sure that their lives are not wasted at the whim of governmental and corporate psychopaths, in the first place.

Emotions have their place in day to day lives. But trust me when I tell you this. Soldiers put their lives on the line for their friends and comrades. Not for thier nation. It may have started that way, but it always changes once reality sets in.

top topics

join