It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Sea Fleet ships ready to go to Syrian coast – General Staff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Below are some quotes from the article at Itar-Tass..

I found it interesting that US media is said to be reporting them as already under sail to Syria...war mongering??

Anyhow, I see it as a "escalation" of sorts.

Read the article... form your own opinions..

“The Mediterranean Sea is a zone of the Black Sea Fleet responsibility. Hence, warships may go there in the case it is necessary to protect the Russian logistics base in Tartous, Syria,” it said.

“The Mediterranean Sea is a zone of the Black Sea Fleet responsibility. Hence, warships may go there in the case it is necessary to protect the Russian logistics base in Tartous, Syria,” it said.

“Several warships of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, including large landing ships with marines aboard, are fully prepared to go on the voyage,” he said.

The Cesar Kunikov large landing ship of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, which is returning from Italian Messina to base, passed the Bosporus Strait on Friday. It will return to Sevastopol on Saturday, the staff said.

It strongly denied U.S. media reports claiming that a Black Sea Fleet warship had already headed for Tartous. “All the ships are staying in Sevastopol but the Cesar Kunikov large landing ship. Either the U.S. intelligence service works poorly or they have a poor knowledge of geography,” the source said.

CLICK HERE FOR SOURCE

It is the only Russian Naval Base outside the Black Sea... ANOTHER REASON I think Putin is drawing the line in the Syrian sand for the west...

Russia WILL defend that base... it is too important for them, and it planned influence in the region.

NO MORE MEDDLING is the message Putin is definately sending..in my opinion.

Hopefully cooler heads will sort this out SOON..before too many more are dead, or it escalates into a full fledged war.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

..Maybe just to assist with a strategic withdrawal of Russian non combatant personnel from Syria ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Hello MJS, ATS Readers, Writers,

Good point.. maybe so... but there was ONE LINE in the article at the link that makes me think otherwise?

Tartous is the only Russian naval base outside of the former Soviet territory – this is the logistics center serving Russian ships on missions in the Mediterranean Sea. The base opened in 1971 under an agreement with the Syrian government.

HERE

And a withdrawal would go against all the "rhetoric" Putin and his underlings have been saying recently.

Maybe a show of force and determination to cause a more negotiated settlement???

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Not seeing much of this in the MSM. Must not perceived as that big a deal.

new topics

top topics

join