It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Concealed Weapons Permit Holder and Was Just Pulled Over

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Your story reminds me of a joke I just heard recently.... A cop pulls over a little old lady of about 75 yrs old for speeding. As she reaches in her purse to get her license, the cop notice's her Conceal Carry Permit. He ask's " Mame i see you have a CCP " do you have a gun on your person at this time?" She said yes I do, I have Glock 40 cal in the glove box. He say's is that the on;ly weapon you have on your person? She said no. I have a 9mm in my purse, a 45cal in the console, and a Remington Pump 12 gauge in the trunk.

The cop ask's " Lady what the hell are you so afraid of ? She answers" Not " A DAMN THING!!"

On a more serious note, Open Carry is by far safer, more of a deterent to crime, and is legal in most states. I open carry, allmost everywhere I go. Walmart, Target. Lowes. etc etc etc. Unless the business has a sign stating no weapons . You can legally enter the business, there's zero the business owner can do.

I had a encounter at my local Walmart when I went to by ammo. I walked right on in the store with a Glock 40 in a tactical holster, headed for the sporting goods dept. I noticed the man that got in behind me as I walked to the sporting goods dept. As I got there, the young lady asked what I needed, The man then interjected and said they could not sell to me as I was armed. He then asked if I was law enforcement, to which I said NO. Private citizen.

He then stepped away, pulled out a cell and called the law!!! I asked the young lady for a box of 32 longs for my wifes, purse gun. They refused the sale. I said no problem, I'll buy them elsewhere. That's when the manager, said I would need to wait for the law to arrive. So I did, Boy did that manager look foolish. I was asked as to why I was there. Why I was carry a firearm? I said to purchase some goods. Because I have a right too. I told the officer there's no signage at the store front stateing NO WEAPONS. The cop had to side with me, he told the manager untill there's a sign. (for all to see) it was perfectly legal for me to carry within the store.

I walked right back to the sporting goods dept, paid for the 32 longs and went the hell home. Open Carry IMHO a far better deterent to being a victim of a crime. The thugs normally don't cull out the man with the gun on his hip.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
A little politeness and cooperation can go a long way with the police. I've gotten out of WAY more tickets than I've actually received over the years, just by having the right attitude and respect. Your story is a great lesson on exactly why this should ALWAYS be the policy when dealing with the police.

While open carry is legal most places, it does cause the kind of situation you described above. If you're fine with the hassle, then sure, why not...but I'm not a big fan of making everyone around me nervous.

edit on 19-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

That was a great post, thank you for sharing your experience. I like the way you handled that situation, I don't know too many people that could have kept their cool. I do understand your choice to open carry. I switch between the two depending on where I am going and what I am wearing. I open carry one of my Sigs if I have a tucked in shirt or I carry my snubby concealed with an untucked shirt. The only thing that bothers me is the looks I get when I open carry. I am pretty normal looking and am nice to every stranger I come across, but sometimes people look at me like I have a midget growing on my hip when I am out and about. But I would still jump in to save their life if I had to.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Yea I get the "midget on my hip look" too. I then just think, don't try to do me or mine any harm & I want turn the "midget loose" on you. I have found that around my area, law enforcement is about 50/50 on open carry.

Sheriff's dept has the most support of it, from my expereince. I had a sheriff's deputy tell me the following, and I paraphrase" When I roll up on a call, and I see a group of people and I see that one has a firearm on his hip, open for the world to see, I no longer consider that person an immediate threat, as I know what he's got and I am fully aware of it. On the other hand that group of people over there milling about is by far more a threat to officer safety than the one open carrying. Because I have no idea what the may have in their shirts or tucked in their pants"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join