It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian missionary group with pig's head taunt Arab-Americans at Dearborn festival

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ironic thing is that Christians shouldn't be messing with pigs either according to the bible.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Ironic thing is that Christians shouldn't be messing with pigs either according to the bible.

i think overall it is just a dirty meat , a bit of research on pork will indeed enlighten you

just saying

humbly

LSH

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Jesus would be so proud. Of the Muslims.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

If you are going to use that logic, only the Jewish Christians could even remotely be bound by that. Plenty of scripture on not binding the Greeks (Jewish slang for all pagans, including pagan-derived Christians, at the time). So, unless you can point to 1 of them and state in all certainty that they are Jewish Christians, then the point is moot.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Jesus message was love.

1 Love God first and foremost.
2 Love everyone else as you love yourself.

As He said, this summarizes all of the Law and the Prophets and are our commandments.

These people who vilify others are not Christians. Perhaps that is why the No1 law of the old testament was "Do not take the name of the Lord your God in vain". These people have purported to be people of God and have taken His name upon themselves in vain.

Please do not judge true Christians by these haters.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It seems to me that all religions were meant to put some good moral values into society. But like all good movements they were co-opted by evil intentioned people and used as a tool for division and hate. I am not saying all of all religions, just parts of all.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowsnow

Not all. Many, sure. But some religions are built for the specific usage of it as an excuse to justify anything and everything that the author wants to do.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

If you are going to use that logic, only the Jewish Christians could even remotely be bound by that. Plenty of scripture on not binding the Greeks (Jewish slang for all pagans, including pagan-derived Christians, at the time). So, unless you can point to 1 of them and state in all certainty that they are Jewish Christians, then the point is moot.

I'm just saying god says pigs are unclean and should be avoided in the bible. Not sure what all the other jargon you wrote supposed to prove.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
Islam is a Cult and not a religion. All the signs that these Christians were holding were true and accurate.

I got news for you. ALL religions are a cult...A religion and a cult is the same thing.
What you said about Islam well guess what every other religion says the same thing about every other religion.

Your statment is a joke.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Nspekta

Spread the love eh???? Nothing against people who practice what they preach, but I highly doubt their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ would be proud of them for the spreading the hate and intolerance that they are doing!

One reason, church has become a four letter word in my dictionary!

I actually am quite proud in this instance, if only just to get back at muslims for doing pretty much the same thing the world over, it's a new and refreshing sensation and I savour it, too often it's the other way around - muslims terrorizing people that are too afraid of the violent backlash that has come to be associated with muslims.
And yes, I am that petty.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It would take the whole of the book of Romans to parse out. Basically, Christians are not Jews, and thereby are not automatically bound by Jewish law.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Its written in the bible, you know the things that christians go by? Are you saying christians don't follow any of the old testament? or they just dont follow the parts that they don't agree with?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Its written in the bible, you know the things that christians go by? Are you saying christians don't follow any of the old testament? or they just dont follow the parts that they don't agree with?

well you sort of have to throw out the parts you don't agree with don't you? I mean there's "an eye for an eye" and "There is but one commandment and that is to love your neighbor" and I could go on and on. There's quite a lot of stuff that doesn't mesh or work when taken together. If you're a Christian, you should really follow the words of Jesus. That supersedes the old testament and who is the Paul guy that most Christians cling to his words even more so than that of Jesus?

Organized Religions, all the crap in the bible and other religiuos works... really make me sick mostly, but worst of all are the extrements like the missionary group with the pigs head and the terrorists that claim they are doing gods work.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Neither. I'm stating that some things are a matter of who the law is directed at, and what the goal of the law was on that subject. That's not something you get by merely glancing through the book for things that are not in use today.

For instance, there's still times when it is a sin for a Christian to eat a pig, just like there's times when it's a sin not to, or at least making an issue of it is causing a sin. To really understand when and why requires a bit of a study, which I doubt was something you wanted to get into, on it.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Jesus would be so proud. Of the Muslims.

care to elaborate a bit more ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
SIGH, today's Christians... the complete OPPOSITE of their Jesus character.

And "todays Christians" are a LOT more BEHAVED than the ones of old, THANKS to LAWS that we have in place. Laws such as those that make it a CRIME to STONE and BURN people at the stake for not believing in nonsense or not being hateful superstitious fairy-tale believers like them.

Imagine having to live among them BACK THEN???

HYPOCRITES!!!
edit on 17-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Imagine this for a second , if you took a modern day Christian and put him back in time would he fit in ? i say nay ,

but if you took a modern day Muslim and put him back in that time would he fit in ? i say yay ,

This only serves to point out the flaws of your argument.. Christianity in the west went through the enlightenment, Islam never did to the detriment of the religion, they still act like barbarians, the extremists are far more than just a tiny minority, just look up how many people think it's ok to stone people or cut off their hands in islamic countries, it varies between 30-60 percent.
The whole religion is backwards and not in any good way.. well, there's their views on usury but that's pretty much it.

"I'm tired with christianity, I'mma find ANOTHER patriarchal sky god religion with a psychopathic god that's incredibly opressive".

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I actually am quite proud in this instance

proud of what exactly ?

if only just to get back at muslims for doing pretty much the same thing the world over

what does this statement mean ? this makes no sens , please explain ?

it's a new and refreshing sensation and I savour it

savour ? did you just create this word ?

muslims terrorizing people that are too afraid of the violent backlash that has come to be associated with muslims.

you don't watch fox news do you ? CNN ? , sounds more like the Mafia to me
.... uneducated statement their

And yes, I am that petty.

No! No! your not , your views are very ugly , and your a Bigot , do your self a favor and educate your self ..

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
SIGH, today's Christians... the complete OPPOSITE of their Jesus character.

And "todays Christians" are a LOT more BEHAVED than the ones of old, THANKS to LAWS that we have in place. Laws such as those that make it a CRIME to STONE and BURN people at the stake for not believing in nonsense or not being hateful superstitious fairy-tale believers like them.

Imagine having to live among them BACK THEN???

HYPOCRITES!!!

Imagine this for a second , if you took a modern day Christian and put him back in time would he fit in ? i say nay ,

but if you took a modern day Muslim and put him back in that time would he fit in ? i say yay ,

This only serves to point out the flaws of your argument.. Christianity in the west went through the enlightenment, Islam never did to the detriment of the religion, they still act like barbarians, the extremists are far more than just a tiny minority, just look up how many people think it's ok to stone people or cut off their hands in islamic countries, it varies between 30-60 percent.
The whole religion is backwards and not in any good way.. well, there's their views on usury but that's pretty much it.

"I'm tired with christianity, I'mma find ANOTHER patriarchal sky god religion with a psychopathic god that's incredibly opressive".

let me post everything i said

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors SIGH, today's Christians... the complete OPPOSITE of their Jesus character. And "todays Christians" are a LOT more BEHAVED than the ones of old, THANKS to LAWS that we have in place. Laws such as those that make it a CRIME to STONE and BURN people at the stake for not believing in nonsense or not being hateful superstitious fairy-tale believers like them. Imagine having to live among them BACK THEN???
HYPOCRITES!!!
i do agree with the Hypocritical comment here
Imagine this for a second , if you took a modern day Christian and put him back in time would he fit in ? i say nay , but if you took a modern day Muslim and put him back in that time would he fit in ? i say yay , because some of Islam's traditions are the same that they had back then , lets take praying for instance , did you know that early Christians used to portrait when praying back then ? i am just trying to give a pointless example here , because it does not matter what you look like , it maters what is in your heart , however the reason Muslims wear their beards long and wear the type of cloths they do , is because prophet Mohammad PBUH said to fallow the sunna , and this would keep you off of the evil path , so they have these traditions and rituals in place , so that your mind constantly focused on ALLAH SWT (god) and it leaves no room for influence from any evil (or negative energy ) . just some food for thought
humbly with love LHS

now , your a classic example of someone who has not spent the time to research Islam ,and someone who has taken bit's of information chewed it up and now spiting it out on ATS , please dont take my words and put a twist on them Billy O ,

humbly

LSH

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
double , sorry
edit on 17-6-2012 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with anyone who takes JOY in cutting off heads, blowing up innocent people, and threatening to kill all those who want nothing to do with a barbaric cult of death. I think most will agree that the "Religion of Peace" has a couple of massive credibility issues...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join