It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian athlete under pressure to prove her gender after accusations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What is up with this? Every 3 years it's the same accusation. First it was Santhi Soundarajan, from India in 2006, then it was Caster Semenya, from South Africa in 2009, and now its Pinki Pramanik, from India in 2012. Okay, Santhi Soundarajan was stripped of medals so apparently failed the gender test.

Pinki Pramanik has been detained on charges of fraud and cheating with possible charges of Rape by her live-in partner.

Runner Pinki Pramanik has been detained on charges of fraud and cheating after allegations by Anamika Acharya, a woman claiming to be her live-in partner, said Rajeev Kumar, the police commissioner of Bidhannagar in West Bengal State.

Acharya has also accused Pramanik of being a man. If a medical examination establishes she is male, police could charge her with rape, Kumar said.

She is refusing to submit to the gender test and a court order is being sought. By the way she is retired.

Anyway here is the link.... www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If she knows how to play the game....

Then who cares....

Like really..

You guys are pansies losing to a woman.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Wow i guess only guys can rape people.That in itself seems like thats a bigger story.Women in India cant be charged with rape?????

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Makes one think Huh?
Love the avatar btw.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

What are you talking about? "She" competed as a woman....against other women.

I can tell from looking at the photo that "she" is a man.

Anyway,her refusal to take the test says it all for me."She" knows she'll be found out.

I'm not sure what that has to do with being accused of sexual assault,though.That has nothing to do with lying about your gender for the "Asian Games".

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

So what? Why should that make a difference? I bet he/she dresses better then half those women anyway.

If they said in 2010 he could compete as woman, then he's a woman.

Who am I to judge?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well perhaps you would change your mind if you were competing against him in a female competition. Also, looks like someone else who competed in the same games was stripped of their title after being found out as a man. They seem to have *takes off shades* dropped the ball a few times.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by nightstalker78

So what? Why should that make a difference? I bet he/she dresses better then half those women anyway.

If they said in 2010 he could compete as woman, then he's a woman.

Who am I to judge?

You missed the point.It does make a difference..there's a reason men and women have different sports...

I'm actually surprised someone with the name "MANhater" is okay with a man pretending to be a woman to compete against women...

Doesn't matter what they said in 2010..again..if they're refusing to comply with proving that they are a woman..that's a red flag.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Hmmm, what to think.. what to think..

Maybe if he shaved off his moustache no one would have known...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
As far as the rape charge goes....

If this person is really a man, and represented himself as a woman, I totally support the charge of rape. There is NO excuse to represent yourself as a woman and have sex with a man, who is expecting to have sex with a woman, when you are really a man. Such an act, I would agree, is rape. Because if you were honest the man would NOT have sex with you. I think the person should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for rape.

I would also say, that if this person was really a man, and represented himself as a woman, to play woman's sports, he should loose any and all medals and achievements. He should also be convicted of fraud, since fraud is what he has been perpetrating.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I was reading about this case few days ago..in local newspaper it mentioned she has both male and female parts. So I dont know where she will fit in exactly.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I'm convinced.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Lol..you are quiet right. Indeed she is.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Ok, I want every Olympic athlete to drop their pants, I'm sure there will be more than one with transgender competing and the suspect countries are always China and India

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

looks like a male to me

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That brow ridge alone speaks volumes, but when you compare that with the width of the cheek bones, it's a boy!

If nobody ever questioned this, I have to wonder whether it's common in India for parents to raise their boys as girls, making it common to see "women" who are actually, and obviously, men.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
That brow ridge alone speaks volumes, but when you compare that with the width of the cheek bones, it's a boy!

If nobody ever questioned this, I have to wonder whether it's common in India for parents to raise their boys as girls, making it common to see "women" who are actually, and obviously, men.

Not to mention that mustache in the one picture throws it off a bit too

top topics

join