It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Daniels invented in the UK not Lynchburg

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Jack Daniels does not meet the aging requirements to be classified as a Bourbon. Bourbons must be aged a minimum of 2 years in new charred oak casks to meet the government classification.

chowhound.chow.com...

Like one poster on there said:

Tennessee Whiskey is filtered BEFORE it is barreled/aged --- Bourbon is filtered AFTER barreling/aging ....Except for for a few barrel proof, unfiltered expressions that some distilleries market......This is the distinction that prevents Tenn. whiskey from being a bourbon...It's a violation of bourbon regulations

edit on 17-6-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
English woman's memoirs found; Truth revealed about origin of UK Jack Daniels

It seems English women much prefer American men. They're better looking, better smelling and look a dog's dinner. According to most birds aged eight to eighty, Americans also just have larger dobbers which left strawberry cremes sadly heaving and gobsmacked ever since.

During "the war", American servicemen were on the pull immediately upon arriving and while few in number, began "servicing" these poor deprived ladies whenever possible. One daft cow told another until blighty toff and chav alike were secretly longing for these yanks.

Upon learning of this, English men were so distraught over being bested in battle and in bed by the Americans that they needed a better beverage, the anoraks discussed bits n' bobs of brewing and distilling to no avail. The best they could do was to write a dodgy letter claiming to have invented the best American whiskey at the time and at least give their children a chance, all agreed this was a dog's bollocks plan. Now many years later it seems to have resurfaced.

Sadly for these skive tossers, they managed to cock-up the story and now more resemble the sad punters of yesteryear than ever before. To this day, English women enjoy Jack Daniels, only because it helps them forget about good ole American John Thomas.

So in the spirit of perpetuating tribalism by making asinine claims...Bob's your Uncle mate!
edit on 16-6-2012 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

Haha comedy gold...

When I was in the US you could have said the same about my English ass with those lovely American beauties.. Because I REALLY got some of mine
They could not get enough of the English soldiers in their midst.. Better fighters, better looking, loads fitter than our Yank counter-parts..

English women do not drink JD either, they drink pints of English Lager, beer and cider and do not give a flying monkeys bollocks about some pussy Yanks and their piss whisky..

Good post anyway mate.. Thanks for the laugh

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
The number on Jack Daniels distillery license is 1. They were the first licensed distilery in America. Always the first and always the best. Try some single barrel smooth as satin. Keep in the freezer for a real treat.

Nothing beats real Tennessee Burbon. Especially that Kentucky crap. Real pretenders there.

Invented in England....

Originally posted by thepupils
How does English Sour Mash sound? uhhh, not American.

Originally posted by niceguybob
Awwwwwwww Common. "Bad Breath?" We're fighting for our heritage here. The English may have started the receipe, but we've claimed it.

It might do you three some good to learn a little geography. The OP said Wales, not England. Two different countries. As a matter of fact, the Welsh don't even share the same DNA as their Anglo-Saxon neighbors.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

The OP said Wales, not England

Thanks Xaphan
If it had been invented in England it would have tasted so much smoother richer and more refined than what the sheep worriers came up with

Cran

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Part of me hopes this is a joke. Namely the 75% part of me that is composed of Welsh ancestry.

Also...
www.welsh-whisky.co.uk...
That whiskey gets very good reviews.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Hey mate, just been having an argument with a friend of mine about this subject and we discovered an interesting thing about the use of the word "corn" in the UK...

The staple food grown in most areas of Britain is usually a cereal plant; in different areas, one cereal becomes favoured over another, as being better adapted to local conditions. In Scotland, oats are commonly the staple, as they are hardier and require less warmth; in East England, the drier climate encourages the predominance of wheat; and everywhere, barley, a tolerant plant and much in demand for brewing, is grown. The species of cereal most grown locally was always known as 'corn'. When the first colonists attempted to settle in America, the local cereal was a new one to Europeans: maize. In the belief that they had actually landed in Asia, and that the native Americans were 'Red Indians', maize was called Indian corn.

slb-ltsu.hull.ac.uk...

Learn something new every day!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

You say tomato I say tomato,You are wrong and here's a quote from your own source.

The filtration process does not legally prevent Tennessee whiskey from being labeled as bourbon. There is no regulation barring bourbon from being filtered before aging--it's simply not part of the usual process. The companies that produce Tennessee whiskey have added this step and consider their product to be distinct from bourbon. But the law does not.

I've had kentucky burbon and it sucks, nasty tasting swill.Suitable for bug spray and washing dirt off bumpers.

Jack Daniels Maturation Process

They don't go by a calender, they go by taste.Consistant quality where there are many varibles.So drink what you want and believe what you want to,Jack is still the best.
edit on 6/30/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by lonegurkha
The number on Jack Daniels distillery license is 1. They were the first licensed distilery in America. Always the first and always the best. Try some single barrel smooth as satin. Keep in the freezer for a real treat.

Nothing beats real Tennessee Burbon. Especially that Kentucky crap. Real pretenders there.

Invented in England....

Originally posted by thepupils
How does English Sour Mash sound? uhhh, not American.

Originally posted by niceguybob
Awwwwwwww Common. "Bad Breath?" We're fighting for our heritage here. The English may have started the receipe, but we've claimed it.

It might do you three some good to learn a little geography. The OP said Wales, not England. Two different countries. As a matter of fact, the Welsh don't even share the same DNA as their Anglo-Saxon neighbors.

I believe the OP mentions the UK in his title, of which Wales is a part.So what's your point?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I wasn't referring to the OP. I was addressing the three people that I quoted who said 'English' when they really meant 'Welsh'. Those three people said 'England' when it is actually claimed to have been invented in Wales, as in mentioned in the original post.

Just clearing up a common misconception. People see Wales on a map, which is right beside England and assume that it is England, when in fact it's a country of its own. That's like somebody saying "Belarus and the Ukraine are joined, must be the same country."

I wasn't trying to start an argument, I just don't like misconceptions.

edit on 30-6-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

The UK is the UK.
Scotland is a seperate country as well, but it's still the UK.No argument from me I understand the difference,However the OP said the UK,not England in the title.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join